OT: If you pay to watch these two purse swingers on Sat...

If McG is still standing in the later rounds I'll be shocked.

He'll be dropping his hands early enough. Watch. Then money will come in for the kill. Doesn't go past 5 rounds, imo
I would actually tend to agree with you, except Mayweather doesn't have KO power anymore.

He has brittle hands & ever since he broke his hand vs Mosley (I could have the wrong fight) he basically changed his style.

He's always been a great technical fighter who focused on Defense, but when he was younger he had a lot more punching power & fought similar to Roy Jones or Pernell Whitaker.

But towards the second half of his career he perfected his Defense & became "Money May", he rarely knocks guys out anymore.

I think his last KO was Ortiz, theoretically speaking he should be able to knock out McGregor with ease, but I would be shocked if he did.

You're right about MM's hand and single punch power, I don't think McG goes down with a single shot or a combination, my thought is he'll go down after numerous flurries from the cumulative effect of body and head shots. When he's tired by the 5th round he'll forget everything he's supposed to do against a boxer and leave himself open. We'll see, though.
That's actually something that could happen, especially if McG is going to come out swinging early, he could get caught reaching lol

Advertisement
My problem with this fight is that it sets MMA up to look bad.

People will see McGregor swing and miss and laugh about his lack of skill. But in reality, he has 97 other skills to rip Floyd's head off in a true fight.

I'd give even money in an MMA fight. Floyd's defense is still going to keep him in it, plus I've never seen CM knock anybody out who has anywhere near the defensive skill as a professional boxer. There's a difference between being able to hit hard and knowing how to punch. Somebody is getting knocked out and it won't be Floyd.

LOL EVEN MONEY IN A MMA FIGHT????!!!!! LOL YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. Your bookie must love you.

That was rich. The MMA fight would last 40 seconds.

This one ends when Mayweather wants it to end.

I suspect he'll just laugh at him for 12 rounds and get a danger-free UD.

People will see McGregor swing and miss and laugh about his lack of skill. But in reality, he has 97 other skills to rip Floyd's head off in a true fight.

I'd give even money in an MMA fight. Floyd's defense is still going to keep him in it, plus I've never seen CM knock anybody out who has anywhere near the defensive skill as a professional boxer. There's a difference between being able to hit hard and knowing how to punch. Somebody is getting knocked out and it won't be Floyd.

LOL EVEN MONEY IN A MMA FIGHT????!!!!! LOL YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. Your bookie must love you.

It's never going to happen, so it's all hypothetical, of course, but after Floyd absolutely outclasses and dominates McG, I want to hear you come back and tell me it would have been very different if they had been allowed to kick as well.

I'm only giving even because an MMA fight would likely go the distance and those judges don't score defense and evasion the same as in boxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's never going to happen, so it's all hypothetical, of course, but after Floyd absolutely outclasses and dominates McG, I want to hear you come back and tell me it would have been very different if they had been allowed to kick as well.

I'm only giving even because an MMA fight would likely go the distance and those judges don't score defense and evasion the same as in boxing.

in an mma bout mcgregor would immediately take the fight to the ground where mayweather has zero wrestling skills it would be over quickly.

Advertisement

No offense, dear friend, but you're insane. McGregor would get his hands on TMT, drag him to the ground and choke him out inside of a minute. It's not just punching and kicking in MMA. The MMA match would be an even bigger mismatch than the boxing match. McGregor is also about 30 pounds heavier than TMT.

I'll take the under

You already know whats up. FMay wins, and their rematch will be in the Octagon where CoMac has to fight with one arm tied behind his back.

YALL SOUND LIKE SOME FAQQITS.. COMPLAINING ABOUT AN AMAZING MATCHUP.. "ITS A FREAK SHOW".. "NO WAY IM WATCHING THAT".. STFU YALL WON'T BE DOING JACK **** SAT BUT SITTING ON UR COUCH WITH UR D$CK IN UR HAND WHILE UR WIFE SAYS SHE'S GOING OUT WITH HER FRIENDS WHEN IN REALITY SHE'S SUCKING D$CK!!! MAYBE MINE WHILE IM WATCHING THE FIGHT!

Well, I guess you WOULD have a boner watching two men in the ring.

lol.. im sorry i didnt mean to disrespect anyones wife.. just putting extra emphasis on the fact that some of yall sound like faqqits for saying this wont be an entertaining fight..

I am a life long boxing fan, and I have never seen an entertaining Mayweather fight. The man's made a billion dollars by NOT fighting and people praying somebody finally knocks him out. Ain't happening.

you sound like more of a casual boxing fan that became familiar with him in 2007 when he became more defensive in his 30's as he moved up in weight, i've followed mayweather's entire career people forget he started at 130lbs and he was alot more offensive at his natural lower weight and stopped a ton of guys including Diego Corrales who was a bad *** and mayweather's corner forced them to throw in the towel he was attacking him so viciously. emmanuel augustus, demarcus corley look up his fights against those guys too as another example he stood in front of them and traded punches. if you say he never had an entertaining fight you dont know the sweet science. It's rare for a fighter to carry his power as he moves up in weight so him becoming more defensive was only natural as he's fighting naturally bigger men.

I'll give you the Chico Corrales fight, but other than that, who? Just kidding. I didn't mean boring as a knock on Mayweather, or that all he is is a defensive guy. More in the sense that he has just been so technically superior to basically every opponent he's faced. He's never been knocked down, only hurt once or twice that I can think of...is excellent at fighting when it benefits him only, and keeping himself out of danger.

It's boring to watch. A fight means both guys have a chance. Rarely has Floyd been in a fight, and McGregor does not possess the technical ability to make this a fight.

Advertisement

No offense, dear friend, but you're insane. McGregor would get his hands on TMT, drag him to the ground and choke him out inside of a minute. It's not just punching and kicking in MMA. The MMA match would be an even bigger mismatch than the boxing match. McGregor is also about 30 pounds heavier than TMT.

Like i said, it's not going to happen. Floyd is a business man. He's never going to get into a match where his opponent has an equal or greater chance at victory.

Maybe Floyd's a little too long in the tooth to stay away from McG in the octogon, but a lot of people have been planted firmly on their a$$ trying to get their hands on Money.

I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview
It's already written in the contract that if McGregor does anything illegal or DQ's he loses a large portion of his purse if not all of it.

This is nothing more than a money ploy, McGregor is going to come out aggressive for the first 4 rounds then get tired because he doesn't have the stamina & endurance to keep up for 12 rounds.

Mayweather is going to run laps around the ring keeping McG tired, he's literally gonna run a marathon on him, then just jab his life away.

Death by a thousand paper cuts, another boring fight for Mayweather, another $300mill & retiring 50-0 against an amateur that has never even had a professional Boxing match in his entire life.

This. Anyone who has watched McG come up the ranks in MMA knows that he has a mediocre gas tank. He's over-hyped in MMA and he's way out of his depth here. McG is very hittable and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather lands enough clean counter shot right hands to wobble and finish McG in the later rounds.

The biggest disadvantage McG has, and I hinted on it in an earlier post, is that defense is not valued and scored in MMA the same as it is in boxing, so it's not practiced the same way. So many MMA guys have their hands way too far apart, they don't keep their feet under them to maintain a proper base--this kills balance as well as renders a proper punch **** near impossible, their foot work is horrible--often coming straight ahead and retreating straight back instead of creating angles to punch from without putting yourself in danger, and they lead with their **** face.

Give me a good boxer, a technically sound guy in his prime, and he'll make a fool of any MMA fighter in a remotely similar weight division. Let alone one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of gloves. Floyd is older, shorter, lighter, and has a shorter reach. And he is going to humiliate Connor.

Like i said, it's not going to happen. Floyd is a business man. He's never going to get into a match where his opponent has an equal or greater chance at victory.

Maybe Floyd's a little too long in the tooth to stay away from McG in the octogon, but a lot of people have been planted firmly on their a$$ trying to get their hands on Money.

I don't give a f-uck if Floyd knocks Conor out in one round. To say that Floyd is even money against Conor in a MMA fight is complete nonsense. You are ignoring so many aspects that are different between the two sports it's mind boggling. The angles are different, the distance is different. The possibility of a take-down makes you adjust your stance. Floyd has never been leg kicked by one these guys which feels like someone took a swing with a baseball bat to your thigh. Floyd has never had to defend a take-down. He has zero take-down defense. He has zero to limited training in jiu jitsu. It's not going to be even money not even close. People are extremely ignorant to the differences between the two sports. Floyd would get beat badly by MMA fighters who aren't even good enough to be in the top level organizations.

Advertisement
Coincidentally, I heard on the radio that 89% of the money has come in on McGreggor. Folks are betting him like the lottery. IF he does manage to win, the Nevada desert is going to have a few more holes before sunrise Sunday.

Anyone stupid enough to spend money on this spectacle should really think about donating that money to their favorite charity.It might actually do some good and you can get a write off..

Advertisement
I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview
It's already written in the contract that if McGregor does anything illegal or DQ's he loses a large portion of his purse if not all of it.

This is nothing more than a money ploy, McGregor is going to come out aggressive for the first 4 rounds then get tired because he doesn't have the stamina & endurance to keep up for 12 rounds.

Mayweather is going to run laps around the ring keeping McG tired, he's literally gonna run a marathon on him, then just jab his life away.

Death by a thousand paper cuts, another boring fight for Mayweather, another $300mill & retiring 50-0 against an amateur that has never even had a professional Boxing match in his entire life.

This. Anyone who has watched McG come up the ranks in MMA knows that he has a mediocre gas tank. He's over-hyped in MMA and he's way out of his depth here. McG is very hittable and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather lands enough clean counter shot right hands to wobble and finish McG in the later rounds.

The biggest disadvantage McG has, and I hinted on it in an earlier post, is that defense is not valued and scored in MMA the same as it is in boxing, so it's not practiced the same way. So many MMA guys have their hands way too far apart, they don't keep their feet under them to maintain a proper base--this kills balance as well as renders a proper punch **** near impossible, their foot work is horrible--often coming straight ahead and retreating straight back instead of creating angles to punch from without putting yourself in danger, and they lead with their **** face.

Give me a good boxer, a technically sound guy in his prime, and he'll make a fool of any MMA fighter in a remotely similar weight division. Let alone one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of gloves. Floyd is older, shorter, lighter, and has a shorter reach. And he is going to humiliate Connor.

The biggest disadvantage McGregor has is that he's not a professional boxer.

Defence isn't scored in MMA, but you don't walk out there with your chin hanging out. You do train to block and evade strikes (notice the use of the word strikes - kicks and punches) and takedowns. They simply don't have the time to train to defend punches at the level a professional boxer throws / defends them as they have multiple disciplines to master.

As everyone has said, in a MMA fight Mayweather gets badly beaten, quickly. McGregor isn't a good grappler in MMA terms, but he'd easily overpower Mayweather and choke him out within a minute.

This fight exemplifies pop culture's gross bias against average heighted and above men. I encourage any self respecting man 5'10" and over to stay home and just watch Wrestlemania 3 on VHS instead. Hogan vs Andre was a more legitimate sporting event and the $99 or more you save can be used at your local Asian "spa". Ask for the Tad 4 Hand Canes Special.

Last edited:
This fight exemplifies pop culture's gross bias against average heighted and above men. I encourage any self respecting man 5'10" and over to stay home and just watch Wrestlemania 3 on VHS instead. Hogan vs Andre was a more legitimate sporting event and the $99 or more you save can be used at your local Asian "spa". Ask for the Tad 4 Hand Canes Special.

4bde065a46a1e31a65f60da3b1c3c26e--house-md-funny-house-meme.jpg

I ain't got no problem with this fight. Just wish I was back in Vegas like da old days. Nothing like Vegas on a big fight weekend. Saturday night gonna be a party on the weekend before college football back for real. Enjoy it for what it is or not. Im gonna have fun with it.

Advertisement
Back