OT: If you pay to watch these two purse swingers on Sat...

Advertisement
HTC, take a few days off. You've got to find some chill and not make every thread about the same thing.

That is impossible. It never has, and never will be anything different. Just make it perma and save yourself work, and the rest of us another run through this bull****.

I'll give them credit, the fight was more entertaining than I thought it was going to be. Not because it was close but because Floyd was actually the aggressor after the third round. He let Connor punch himself out in the early rounds and when it became clear he couldn't hurt him, Floyd went right after him. Look, even a powerful MMA striker can't hit consistently as hard as a boxer. Mma guys will even admit to this. When's the last time you saw Floyd Mayweather walk right at an opponent. There was no fear of getting hurt. Floyd doesn't have the power he used to but he knew he could pepper Connor enough to end the fight and he did.

Advertisement
On September 16 Canelo Alvarez is fighting Gennady Golovkin. If you want to see world class boxing, this is the fight that should be circled. Watch them and tell me boxing is dead.

On September 16 Canelo Alvarez is fighting Gennady Golovkin. If you want to see world class boxing, this is the fight that should be circled. Watch them and tell me boxing is dead.

Excellent point. Could be the best fight of the year.

Agree.

That's the fight I'm really looking forward to.

Advertisement
Agree.

That's the fight I'm really looking forward to.

Those guys are great fighters and it's one of the few boxing matches I've circled on my calendar. That being said , boxing is dead. There's still some great fighters but long time fans are tired of how filthy and corrupt it is. It's amazing it took as long as it did for the sport to be hurt. People taking dives , judges being paid off and the power of the promoters.

People got tired of it. If they wanted to see scripted bs they coykd just turn on wwe. And that's what boxing became , wwe light.

Also there hasn't been a great , heavyweight American Boxer for a long time. Which is and always will be the biggger draw.

This is coming from a former huge boxing fan. But it is what it is....the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back