OT: If you pay to watch these two purse swingers on Sat...

I mean your criticizing the people who will pay to watch this fight, yet you are super excited to pay to watch Miami vs Bethune Cookman? Can you see how stupid your statement is now?

****ing no. Miami isn't charging me $89 so they can make $300 million to beat the **** out of an inferior opponent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are charging for people who want to watch. if you don't want to pay, don't watch but there are millions of people who will pay.

You missed the point. I don't care if anyone watches it or not. I took issue with equating a pay-per-view event with an event that is going to be on my tv anyway.

I have to give money to see the fight. I'd have to change the channel to NOT watch the game.

Advertisement
Don't count Conor out.

I once saw a huge undersog southpaw from Philly go toe to toe with the champ for 15 rounds. Even knocked the champ down in the first round and many thought he would have won if the bell didn't save the champ in the last round.

To this day I think Balboa won that fight

Why do they call them "southpaws"?

I mean your criticizing the people who will pay to watch this fight, yet you are super excited to pay to watch Miami vs Bethune Cookman? Can you see how stupid your statement is now?

****ing no. Miami isn't charging me $89 so they can make $300 million to beat the **** out of an inferior opponent.

they are charging for people who want to watch. if you don't want to pay, don't watch but there are millions of people who will pay.

You missed the point. I don't care if anyone watches it or not. I took issue with equating a pay-per-view event with an event that is going to be on my tv anyway.

I have to give money to see the fight. I'd have to change the channel to NOT watch the game.

then dont watch the fight idiot. the fact is people will pay that's why these boxers make millions.

Don't count Conor out.

I once saw a huge undersog southpaw from Philly go toe to toe with the champ for 15 rounds. Even knocked the champ down in the first round and many thought he would have won if the bell didn't save the champ in the last round.

To this day I think Balboa won that fight

Why do they call them "southpaws"?

[video=youtube;dmyc_clvhSc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmyc_clvhSc[/video]

Advertisement
Then you are a cuck.

What a shamockery. A farce. A ***** as well.

What kind of adult talks like this

giphy.gif

I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview
It's already written in the contract that if McGregor does anything illegal or DQ's he loses a large portion of his purse if not all of it.

This is nothing more than a money ploy, McGregor is going to come out aggressive for the first 4 rounds then get tired because he doesn't have the stamina & endurance to keep up for 12 rounds.

Mayweather is going to run laps around the ring keeping McG tired, he's literally gonna run a marathon on him, then just jab his life away.

Death by a thousand paper cuts, another boring fight for Mayweather, another $300mill & retiring 50-0 against an amateur that has never even had a professional Boxing match in his entire life.

This. Anyone who has watched McG come up the ranks in MMA knows that he has a mediocre gas tank. He's over-hyped in MMA and he's way out of his depth here. McG is very hittable and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather lands enough clean counter shot right hands to wobble and finish McG in the later rounds.

The biggest disadvantage McG has, and I hinted on it in an earlier post, is that defense is not valued and scored in MMA the same as it is in boxing, so it's not practiced the same way. So many MMA guys have their hands way too far apart, they don't keep their feet under them to maintain a proper base--this kills balance as well as renders a proper punch **** near impossible, their foot work is horrible--often coming straight ahead and retreating straight back instead of creating angles to punch from without putting yourself in danger, and they lead with their **** face.

Give me a good boxer, a technically sound guy in his prime, and he'll make a fool of any MMA fighter in a remotely similar weight division. Let alone one of the greatest to ever lace up a pair of gloves. Floyd is older, shorter, lighter, and has a shorter reach. And he is going to humiliate Connor.

What a dumb post

Advertisement

And what About the people paying $100 a ticket to go watch this game at the stadium? Are they asshats because they enjoy watching their team even though the odds of this one should be 10 times worse than the fight?

My problem with this fight is that it sets MMA up to look bad.

People will see McGregor swing and miss and laugh about his lack of skill. But in reality, he has 97 other skills to rip Floyd's head off in a true fight.

I think people know that.............long gone are the days where people think the karate guys or boxers are the best fighters.

If anything, the pendulum has swung too far the other way - remember all the people saying that Rousey could probably kick Floyd's ***? So insulting to even listen to that.
I think it will be good just to remind people that true boxers are at another level compared to the hands on the good stand up guys in the UFC.

Advertisement
Even though he got "knocked out" Conor won at maximum 6 of the 10

Last edited:
Advertisement
was a waaaaay closer fight than I ever expected. gotta tip your hat to mcgregor for that effort.

****ed me off that the ref took thirty seconds to break Mayweather in the early rounds, and 0.0001 seconds to break McG in the later rounds.

McGregor showed his is a good fighter, but lacks experience in boxing. He did allright. Better than he should have, imo.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

Even though he got "knocked out" Conor won at minimum 6 of the 10

he won 3 rounds maybe 4 tops tbh

Typo, I meant to say max.

I watched the fight with actual boxers and I box them for cardio. They said he won 5 no contest... and if he had a couple years of boxing experience, Mayweather would've gotten smoked with the way he was fighting.

Advertisement
Back