OT: If you pay to watch these two purse swingers on Sat...

I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview
It's already written in the contract that if McGregor does anything illegal or DQ's he loses a large portion of his purse if not all of it.

This is nothing more than a money ploy, McGregor is going to come out aggressive for the first 4 rounds then get tired because he doesn't have the stamina & endurance to keep up for 12 rounds.

Mayweather is going to run laps around the ring keeping McG tired, he's literally gonna run a marathon on him, then just jab his life away.

Death by a thousand paper cuts, another boring fight for Mayweather, another $300mill & retiring 50-0 against an amateur that has never even had a professional Boxing match in his entire life.

Advertisement
I like that angle....McGreggor comes out bat ****, gets lost in adrenaline and does an illegal move. DQ. Fans go crazy, instant talk for rematch at post fight interview
It's already written in the contract that if McGregor does anything illegal or DQ's he loses a large portion of his purse if not all of it.

This is nothing more than a money ploy, McGregor is going to come out aggressive for the first 4 rounds then get tired because he doesn't have the stamina & endurance to keep up for 12 rounds.

Mayweather is going to run laps around the ring keeping McG tired, he's literally gonna run a marathon on him, then just jab his life away.

Death by a thousand paper cuts, another boring fight for Mayweather, another $300mill & retiring 50-0 against an amateur that has never even had a professional Boxing match in his entire life.

This. Anyone who has watched McG come up the ranks in MMA knows that he has a mediocre gas tank. He's over-hyped in MMA and he's way out of his depth here. McG is very hittable and I wouldn't be surprised if Mayweather lands enough clean counter shot right hands to wobble and finish McG in the later rounds.

A homeless-man's version of Hagler vs Hearns in Rd 1 is what some are expecting. Don't think Floyd plays that game, even for one round, so I see a relatively boring fight overall. Would be nice to be wrong though.

The reason why myself and others are ****ed about this fight is that it makes a mockery of boxing. If you're a boxing fan, an obvious side show act like this only further tarnishes the sport. This is literally an amatuer vs. an all time great. I don't like Mayweather but his skill and athleticism are undeniable. The fact that the Nevada athletic commission actually gave Connor a license to fight a professional champion is a joke in itsself.

It's football season and I don't need this fraud of a fight to entertain me! Plus I wouldn't give them a bent up Penny to watch this bull****

Advertisement
Well I put 2k on Floyd to win by stoppage so I'll bne watching. Got it at good odds too -130.

I don't know what it is but I think me and my black friend [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] are going to like you...

If I could have found -130 I would be very willing to bet this fight. As the odds are now it's just not worth putting 5k down to win a little cabbage.

For the record I'm only half black. Just like Obama.

I wouldn't want @harrietscrubmancane to go all militant on me.

Well I put 2k on Floyd to win by stoppage so I'll bne watching. Got it at good odds too -130.

I don't know what it is but I think me and my black friend [MENTION=7366]Cane Dynasty[/MENTION] are going to like you...

If I could have found -130 I would be very willing to bet this fight. As the odds are now it's just not worth putting 5k down to win a little cabbage.

Lmao I'm confused, I thought half black meant you're black and gave you all permission to disregard yourself as half white. Well at least they said that about Obama...

yep i grabbed it at its lowest. it was around -155 last week and went as low as -130 so I brabbed it quick. its sitting at -155 right now and i expect that to go to -200 at fight night.

Advertisement
Every so often an event comes along where you wish you had a betting account open. Here you have it ! As close to easy money as you will ever see.

Lots of dumb money coming in on McGregor forcing Vegas to give better odds on Mayweather. Mayweather should be a 70-1 fav but it is no where close to that.

I was astonished to see it at 6-1. Dana White has done a masterful job of pitching snake oil to the MMA fans. He's convinced those goofballs that McGregor actually has a chance.

If McG is still standing in the later rounds I'll be shocked.

He'll be dropping his hands early enough. Watch. Then money will come in for the kill. Doesn't go past 5 rounds, imo

He'll be dropping his hands early enough. Watch. Then money will come in for the kill. Doesn't go past 5 rounds, imo
I would actually tend to agree with you, except Mayweather doesn't have KO power anymore.

He has brittle hands & ever since he broke his hand vs Mosley (I could have the wrong fight) he basically changed his style.

He's always been a great technical fighter who focused on Defense, but when he was younger he had a lot more punching power & fought similar to Roy Jones or Pernell Whitaker.

But towards the second half of his career he perfected his Defense & became "Money May", he rarely knocks guys out anymore.

I think his last KO was Ortiz, theoretically speaking he should be able to knock out McGregor with ease, but I would be shocked if he did.

I would actually tend to agree with you, except Mayweather doesn't have KO power anymore.

He has brittle hands & ever since he broke his hand vs Mosley (I could have the wrong fight) he basically changed his style.

He's always been a great technical fighter who focused on Defense, but when he was younger he had a lot more punching power & fought similar to Roy Jones or Pernell Whitaker.

But towards the second half of his career he perfected his Defense & became "Money May", he rarely knocks guys out anymore.

I think his last KO was Ortiz, theoretically speaking he should be able to knock out McGregor with ease, but I would be shocked if he did.

doesnt matter mccregor doesnt have any type of defense he'll be gassed and mayweather will dig in wit hard shots to the body.

Advertisement
YALL SOUND LIKE SOME FAQQITS.. COMPLAINING ABOUT AN AMAZING MATCHUP.. "ITS A FREAK SHOW".. "NO WAY IM WATCHING THAT".. STFU YALL WON'T BE DOING JACK **** SAT BUT SITTING ON UR COUCH WITH UR D$CK IN UR HAND WHILE UR WIFE SAYS SHE'S GOING OUT WITH HER FRIENDS WHEN IN REALITY SHE'S SUCKING D$CK!!! MAYBE MINE WHILE IM WATCHING THE FIGHT!

Well, I guess you WOULD have a boner watching two men in the ring.

lol.. im sorry i didnt mean to disrespect anyones wife.. just putting extra emphasis on the fact that some of yall sound like faqqits for saying this wont be an entertaining fight..

I am a life long boxing fan, and I have never seen an entertaining Mayweather fight. The man's made a billion dollars by NOT fighting and people praying somebody finally knocks him out. Ain't happening.

My problem with this fight is that it sets MMA up to look bad.

People will see McGregor swing and miss and laugh about his lack of skill. But in reality, he has 97 other skills to rip Floyd's head off in a true fight.

I'd give even money in an MMA fight. Floyd's defense is still going to keep him in it, plus I've never seen CM knock anybody out who has anywhere near the defensive skill as a professional boxer. There's a difference between being able to hit hard and knowing how to punch. Somebody is getting knocked out and it won't be Floyd.

The reason why myself and others are ****ed about this fight is that it makes a mockery of boxing. If you're a boxing fan, an obvious side show act like this only further tarnishes the sport. This is literally an amatuer vs. an all time great. I don't like Mayweather but his skill and athleticism are undeniable. The fact that the Nevada athletic commission actually gave Connor a license to fight a professional champion is a joke in itsself.

To be honest, boxing has made a mockery of itself with the BS fight decisions, many of which have been outright robberies. I love the sport, but it's on it's last leg having to peddle side show attractions due to it's own making.

Advertisement
YALL SOUND LIKE SOME FAQQITS.. COMPLAINING ABOUT AN AMAZING MATCHUP.. "ITS A FREAK SHOW".. "NO WAY IM WATCHING THAT".. STFU YALL WON'T BE DOING JACK **** SAT BUT SITTING ON UR COUCH WITH UR D$CK IN UR HAND WHILE UR WIFE SAYS SHE'S GOING OUT WITH HER FRIENDS WHEN IN REALITY SHE'S SUCKING D$CK!!! MAYBE MINE WHILE IM WATCHING THE FIGHT!

Well, I guess you WOULD have a boner watching two men in the ring.

lol.. im sorry i didnt mean to disrespect anyones wife.. just putting extra emphasis on the fact that some of yall sound like faqqits for saying this wont be an entertaining fight..

I am a life long boxing fan, and I have never seen an entertaining Mayweather fight. The man's made a billion dollars by NOT fighting and people praying somebody finally knocks him out. Ain't happening.

you sound like more of a casual boxing fan that became familiar with him in 2007 when he became more defensive in his 30's as he moved up in weight, i've followed mayweather's entire career people forget he started at 130lbs and he was alot more offensive at his natural lower weight and stopped a ton of guys including Diego Corrales who was a bad *** and mayweather's corner forced them to throw in the towel he was attacking him so viciously. emmanuel augustus, demarcus corley look up his fights against those guys too as another example he stood in front of them and traded punches. if you say he never had an entertaining fight you dont know the sweet science. It's rare for a fighter to carry his power as he moves up in weight so him becoming more defensive was only natural as he's fighting naturally bigger men.

You're right about MM's hand and single punch power, I don't think McG goes down with a single shot or a combination, my thought is he'll go down after numerous flurries from the cumulative effect of body and head shots. When he's tired by the 5th round he'll forget everything he's supposed to do against a boxer and leave himself open. We'll see, though.

My problem with this fight is that it sets MMA up to look bad.

People will see McGregor swing and miss and laugh about his lack of skill. But in reality, he has 97 other skills to rip Floyd's head off in a true fight.

I'd give even money in an MMA fight. Floyd's defense is still going to keep him in it, plus I've never seen CM knock anybody out who has anywhere near the defensive skill as a professional boxer. There's a difference between being able to hit hard and knowing how to punch. Somebody is getting knocked out and it won't be Floyd.

LOL EVEN MONEY IN A MMA FIGHT????!!!!! LOL YOU ARE DELUSIONAL. Your bookie must love you.

LOL. One of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport is fighting a guy who has never had a boxing match, and Dana White has convinced people that McGregor is going to win.

This is absolute puppet mastery by White. I didn't think anyone would fall for this stupid ****, but, by god, White has duped them. Tip of the hat to a real pimp, Dana White.

Do people realize how skilled TMT is? He's a fcking Picasso in the ring with his hand speed and ability to elude the punches of guys who have boxed their entire lives.

I saw McGregor get lit up by a slow-handed, soft punching stoner called Nate Diaz. What the fck are people thinking here?

Advertisement
Back