OT - Game of Thrones S8

I want to read more of the expert-crybaby-screenwriters and their whiny criticisms.

Let’s hear it.

Scanning through these posts has been hilarious.

I’m glad I stopped reading a few pages in - weeks ago - because I knew some of you nerds would leak the ending and give it away. What ********. Glad I avoided it. Hope you didn’t ruin it for someone else, but you probably did.

If you don’t like this show, if you hate it, then do yourselves a favor and make your lives happier, don’t watch, forget about the whole thing. Drink yourself into oblivion and maybe the memory will go away so your tender constitutions don’t have to be bruised by bad screenwriting (according to you).

In social media and the Internet, particularly with science-fiction and fantasy, the negativity is so amplified. Star Trek “fans“ complaining about “canon“, Star Wars fans complaining, GOT fans complaining,. What a bunch of entitled ********.

I really hope that writers, actors, and people associated with any and/or all of these type shows don’t read these dumbass criticisms. I have a theory that the majority people that watch this stuff actually enjoy it, but the loudest voices is a small percentage of angry social media whores that can’t wait to run to their computers and type out their snarky remarks. They live off this snark. It’s bizarre.

Ooooh...there’s no way they could have loaded the spear catapults that quickly to kill the make-believe dragon in the make-believe show with wizards and dragons. We want realism.

L O L

Advertisement
I'm ****ed D&D left 7 episodes on the table. HBO offered them the full 10 episodes for s7&8. S8 feels too rushed. This season proved they're useless without the source material. I had higher expectations. Other than that, VFX, acting, soundtrack are still top notch.

Advertisement
I said during the episode it was the worst ending since Dexter. It was bad. This whole season was rushed. Unanswered questions, plot opportunities not taken advantage of, not enough highs and lows for fans connected to the main characters bc in the end everyone sat around and had a chat? Tyrion is going to talk Jon into killing Dany and tell him he’s best to rule but then nobody brings that up when trying to pick a king? Tyrion, Sam, The Stark’s? Nobody would follow Bran....that storyline makes no sense. All he’s done this season is sit in a chair and give creepy looks. They didn’t build on his character or powers at all. The north will be their own and not revolt for the release of Jon, their true king? That storyline makes zero sense.

A series based on war and death had very few main characters die in the end. Few jaw dropping twists. No excitement. No wow moments. I would be embarrassed as a writer to end an epic series in that way.

Season has been rough but the ending was money for me.

Jon going where he belongs. Iron Throne melted down.

Bran is the only one that breaks The Wheel.

Nailed it for me.
Yeah, I've been a harsh critic of S8, but I thought last night's episode was very solid.

I suppose my significantly lowered expectations might have something to do with that, but I liked the ending.

Advertisement
I want to read more of the expert-crybaby-screenwriters and their whiny criticisms.

Let’s hear it.

Scanning through these posts has been hilarious.

I’m glad I stopped reading a few pages in - weeks ago - because I knew some of you nerds would leak the ending and give it away. What ********. Glad I avoided it. Hope you didn’t ruin it for someone else, but you probably did.

If you don’t like this show, if you hate it, then do yourselves a favor and make your lives happier, don’t watch, forget about the whole thing. Drink yourself into oblivion and maybe the memory will go away so your tender constitutions don’t have to be bruised by bad screenwriting (according to you).

In social media and the Internet, particularly with science-fiction and fantasy, the negativity is so amplified. Star Trek “fans“ complaining about “canon“, Star Wars fans complaining, GOT fans complaining,. What a bunch of entitled ********.

I really hope that writers, actors, and people associated with any and/or all of these type shows don’t read these dumbass criticisms. I have a theory that the majority people that watch this stuff actually enjoy it, but the loudest voices is a small percentage of angry social media whores that can’t wait to run to their computers and type out their snarky remarks. They live off this snark. It’s bizarre.

Ooooh...there’s no way they could have loaded the spear catapults that quickly to kill the make-believe dragon in the make-believe show with wizards and dragons. We want realism.

L O L

Why does discourse always come down to two things:

1) "Well stop watching it!"
2) "its (high) fantasy or Sci-Fi...lol if you are judging realism or writing"

The show is one of the most watched shows of all-time on HBO...and it was - at one time - an excellent show. Writing and acting were strong. Story development, too, strong. It ceased to be. Why are we not allowed to criticize a show that has fallen off a cliff in under six episodes?

Also, because a show is fantasy or science fiction doesn't absolve it from poor writing and story development.

Perhaps finishing a series - good or bad - is ok and having criticisms are, too, ok. Having discourse on the topic, too, is ok.

Advertisement
Thanks for posting

Oh and that finale was incredibly hokie. I thought the first 15 mins or so were okay, but from the death scene on was an absolute train wreck.
Very similar to the end of the Lord of the Rings trilogy where the last 40 mins was fluff!

Advertisement
Yeah, I've been a harsh critic of S8, but I thought last night's episode was very solid.

I suppose my significantly lowered expectations might have something to do with that, but I liked the ending.
a tale of two episodes for me. first half up to dany's death was excellent. the second half was a little campy. again the underlying theme of the season is it should have been longer. no beef with the other choices made by the writers. art is art. the consumer doesn't get to tell the artist how to make his art. you either watch it or you don't.

can't disagree with the statement that GOT is the best show ever. there are and will always be great shows but the consistent high quality of the writing, production and acting will be difficult to match.

Advertisement
Back