OT - Game of Thrones S8

Best show of all time.

The people who are complaining the loudest spent the most time on the universe these three created. The big complaint about S8 is that it should have been two seasons. That's a pretty good situation when everyone wants more of your show.

Definitely in the pantheon of greatest of all time, people saying otherwise are just feeding into the herd.

It ended well enough for me. Should there have been more? Probably. But people have to move on.

Advertisement
I said during the episode it was the worst ending since Dexter. It was bad. This whole season was rushed. Unanswered questions, plot opportunities not taken advantage of, not enough highs and lows for fans connected to the main characters bc in the end everyone sat around and had a chat? Tyrion is going to talk Jon into killing Dany and tell him he’s best to rule but then nobody brings that up when trying to pick a king? Tyrion, Sam, The Stark’s? Nobody would follow Bran....that storyline makes no sense. All he’s done this season is sit in a chair and give creepy looks. They didn’t build on his character or powers at all. The north will be their own and not revolt for the release of Jon, their true king? That storyline makes zero sense.

A series based on war and death had very few main characters die in the end. Few jaw dropping twists. No excitement. No wow moments. I would be embarrassed as a writer to end an epic series in that way.

Everyone knows Brans powers, he can see the past and present.

Jon doesn’t want to be king, thought they established that about 100x this season.

Why would Jon be king anyway? Don’t think the unsullied or Dothraki would kill everyone if that happened?

For the crap the season was the ending was fine.

Arya leaves Westeros which she hates, Sansa gets to rule the North, Jon gets to be a wilding where he was most comfortable.

Bran being king is fine since he has no allegiances and no bias in the grand scheme of things

Everyone knows Brans powers, he can see the past and present.

Jon doesn’t want to be king, thought they established that about 100x this season.

Why would Jon be king anyway? Don’t think the unsullied or Dothraki would kill everyone if that happened?

For the crap the season was the ending was fine.

Arya leaves Westeros which she hates, Sansa gets to rule the North, Jon gets to be a wilding where he was most comfortable.

Bran being king is fine since he has no allegiances and no bias in the grand scheme of things
agreed. jon absolutely belonged in the north with the wildlings. he was never accepted from the beginning. even catlyn start treated him like crap. his position as an outsider drove him to castle black in season 1.

Advertisement
Yeah, I've been a harsh critic of S8, but I thought last night's episode was very solid.

I suppose my significantly lowered expectations might have something to do with that, but I liked the ending.
Yeah man.

I’m not one of these people that obsess over details and spend the weeks reading every fan theory and dissecting every word of the books. Nothing wrong with it just saying my perspective.

It’s a tv show. It landed for me. If it didn’t for other people hey that’s their business.

I was critical of the season earlier, but I didn't mind the ending. It was interesting to see Sansa, Jon and Arya all going their own ways after seeing them as kids in the beginning of the show.

Overall the show was really amazing. I never thought a show with that type of material could be so well done. When you think about the number of memorable characters it's pretty **** impressive.

My main issue w/the finale was the whole "best story" thing. Bran's story wasn't the best story, and even if it was - having the "best story" isn't the best system for coming up with a royal leader, no matter what Tyrion's monologue said. I think Bran was probably the best pick for king, but the logic they laid out via Tyrion's monologue was badly flawed.

I also thought the way Jon killed Dany was very anti-climactic - just kind of hollow. The best part of that scene wasn't Dany's death, it was Drogon mourning, melting the Iron Throne, and then flying off w/Dany in his clutches. The most emotional character in that scene was a CGI dragon...lol

I would have been OK if the show would have stopped right after Arya taking down the Night King. That, to me, was the climax of the whole story. You could have had another 5-10 minute scene recapping the battle and setting up a showdown w/Cersei and never showed it...left it open. I would have been OK with that.

And then people criticize you when you say that the season was rushed through.

There are numerous little things throughout the season that are just lazy and sloppy. We got Starbucks on the table...water bottles in a scene...c'mon now. Thats just sloppy stuff.
Truth is the shows been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now. Almost every complaint you heard about this season could also be applied to Seasons 6 and 7. Now, when your peak is arguably right up there with the god's of television, a slump still puts you above 99 % of anything else out there. I give this season a B-. The actors should be commended for what they did with some of their weakest material to date.

But ain't no way this is the best show of all time. May have even slipped from Top 5 imo. It isn't even the best show on TV RIGHT NOW.

Advertisement
As soon as he stabbed her, I realized how expected it was. I kept waiting for something surprising to happen, but sadly it didn't.

I also thought the way Jon killed Dany was very anti-climactic - just kind of hollow.
he best part of that scene wasn't Dany's death, it was Drogon mourning, melting the Iron Throne, and then flying off w/Dany in his clutches. The most emotional character in that scene was a CGI dragon...lol

I actually thought that she was going to be the one doing the killing, that, IMO, would have been an interesting twist. Killing him knowing that deep down he didn't approve and couldn't be trusted.

My main issue w/the finale was the whole "best story" thing. Bran's story wasn't the best story, and even if it was - having the "best story" isn't the best system for coming up with a royal leader, no matter what Tyrion's monologue said. I think Bran was probably the best pick for king, but the logic they laid out via Tyrion's monologue was badly flawed.

I also thought the way Jon killed Dany was very anti-climactic - just kind of hollow. The best part of that scene wasn't Dany's death, it was Drogon mourning, melting the Iron Throne, and then flying off w/Dany in his clutches. The most emotional character in that scene was a CGI dragon...lol

I would have been OK if the show would have stopped right after Arya taking down the Night King. That, to me, was the climax of the whole story. You could have had another 5-10 minute scene recapping the battle and setting up a showdown w/Cersei and never showed it...left it open. I would have been OK with that.

He just walked in and stabbed her in the first 15m of the episode. Had a talk with a prisoner...walked directly to where she'd be...walked right past her security...and stabbed her. Cool.

Truth is the shows been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now. Almost every complaint you heard about this season could also be applied to Seasons 6 and 7. Now, when your peak is arguably right up there with the god's of television, a slump still puts you above 99 % of anything else out there. I give this season a B-. The actors should be commended for what they did with some of their weakest material to date.

But ain't no way this is the best show of all time. May have even slipped from Top 5 imo. It isn't even the best show on TV RIGHT NOW.

The Long Night was incredible television.

I could do without anything else from this season.

They just wanted to go home.

Advertisement

Advertisement
It's funny between Dexter, The Sopranos, SOA, GOT and the Walking Dead they all failed to come to a really great close. The Walking Dead should have stopped years ago.
Started the comic at the beginning and gave it up for this same reason.

I'm beginning to believe more and more that shows should hang it up after 5 seasons. It seems to almost always go downhill after that.

It's funny between Dexter, The Sopranos, SOA, GOT and the Walking Dead they all failed to come to a really great close. The Walking Dead should have stopped years ago.

One of the main problems with American Television is they want shows to go on for eternity.

Its not good enough to have a great, tight story you tell over X number of episodes. American networks want shows to go on forever and ultimately without a plan.

Very frustrating to see legitimately great television shows fall flat when they run out of real ideas.

One of the main problems with American Television is they want shows to go on for eternity.

Its not good enough to have a great, tight story you tell over X number of episodes. American networks want shows to go on forever and ultimately without a plan.

Very frustrating to see legitimately great television shows fall flat when they run out of real ideas.
6 years is the ideal length though some need to be cut shorter.

He just walked in and stabbed her in the first 15m of the episode. Had a talk with a prisoner...walked directly to where she'd be...walked right past her security...and stabbed her. Cool.

The whole scene made no sense. After she has Tyrion arrested, she basically gave Jon a death stare as she left. Also, Jon went and saw Tyrion first, wouldn't her people tell her Jon went to talk to Tyrion? And then she goes begging for his **** again after he's already rejected her the last two times. I know ***** had went of her mind but she wasn't stupid. And then the dragon burning the thrown was also dumb tv ****. Didn't want Jon to die but Drogon should have attacked him or maybe have Grey Worm show up and the two fight. Was just a corny move to me.

Advertisement
Back