OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
Advertisement
I really think the ending (& money) are why Martin ain’t rushing to finish the books. Also prolly why HBO decided to wrap this up.

Crazy closure but deep down years ago I accepted that it would never be Jon or Dany cuz that show just don’t roll like that.

The writers really failed to get viewers to connect to these major moments.

Side note glad I stopped reading this thread. A bunch of lames posting spoilers and calling them “hot takes”

Advertisement
I haven't really had a problem w/ this season and I've even been a little surprised at all the hate for these guys, but definitely a weak, anti-climactic ending.

Advertisement
At that ending...
tenor.gif

Lol D&D could only stay afloat for so long without GRRM source material. That showed over the tail end of the series..

Not sure when the next book will come out, but after watching this ending I think I would have rather waited a couple of more years than to have seen what I saw.

Nothing against the actors or even the cinematics... but writing/storytelling just took a nose dive... Action and forced drama can only do so much... poor ending to an alltime show.

Advertisement
This season could’ve been 10 times more detailed, stretched it out another 2-3 episodes, had the same types of deaths and I don’t think many people would have been upset. The lack of details and important scenes they robbed of themselves. Just felt like a summary of the potential that the ending could/should have had.

Not upset with the results, just the lack of detail and depth on so many characters’ endings.

Advertisement
Back