OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
I went into the finale with low expectations, and I was not disappointed. You know you're finale was *** when Riverdale had a better finale

Best show of all time.

The people who are complaining the loudest spent the most time on the universe these three created. The big complaint about S8 is that it should have been two seasons. That's a pretty good situation when everyone wants more of your show.

You’ve got it all wrong.

You’re supposed to be a snarky half-*** intellectual and find all kinds of faults about the writing, the pacing, and anything else to make yourself sound like a super-intelligent, up-to-date hipster who is really woke about how bad the show is.

Next to whining sports fans, whiny science fiction/fantasy fans are some of the most annoying and delusional people in the world.

This is not War and Peace, Shakespeare, or Ingmar Bergman people, it’s fun fantasy television not meant to be taken all that seriously.

It’s a fūcking fantasy show about dragons. Most people don’t think it’s perfect, but enjoyed it for what it was, good entertainment.

The show is in the same time slot and channel as True Blood. People need to put that into perspective.

Advertisement
And then people criticize you when you say that the season was rushed through.

There are numerous little things throughout the season that are just lazy and sloppy. We got Starbucks on the table...water bottles in a scene...c'mon now. Thats just sloppy stuff.

Put it out of your life.

I know you care very very deeply, as your dozens of anguished posts attest, but maybe, just maybe, it’s time to move on.

To me, it was fun TV.

And don’t take this personally, I’m just using you as a proxy for all the annoying science fiction/fantasy fans out there that are constantly posting on social media and whining about what they don’t like about this or that. For chrissakes all you whiny bltches, just stop posting find something productive to do with your lives.

You’ve got it all wrong.

You’re supposed to be a snarky half-*** intellectual and find all kinds of faults about the writing, the pacing, and anything else to make yourself sound like a super-intelligent, up-to-date hipster who is really woke about how bad the show is.

Next to whining sports fans, whiny science fiction/fantasy fans are some of the most annoying and delusional people in the world.

This is not War and Peace, Shakespeare, or Ingmar Bergman people, it’s fun fantasy television not meant to be taken all that seriously.

It’s a fūcking fantasy show about dragons. Most people don’t think it’s perfect, but enjoyed it for what it was, good entertainment.
Hashtag in demthrones. You'll see that it's waaaaaaaaay more than just super-intelligent up-to-date hipsters who thought the season was trash. If you enjoyed the season cool, but don't wholesale dismiss those who hated it as if their complaints aren't valid.

I do agree about sci-fi/ fantasy fans tho. Toxic fandom (like those who started the petition to redo Season 8 for example) ruins everything, including legitimate criticisms.

Hashtag in demthrones. You'll see that it's waaaaaaaaay more than just super-intelligent up-to-date hipsters who thought the season was trash. If you enjoyed the season cool, but don't wholesale dismiss those who hated it as if their complaints aren't valid.

I do agree about sci-fi/ fantasy fans tho. Toxic fandom (like those who started the petition to redo Season 8 for example) ruins everything, including legitimate criticisms.

Just a general observation about social media, my theory is that they don’t represent anybody but a small percentage of sub population that likes to get up on hilltops and scream about shlt.

Yes there are people that have criticisms about the show - they exist, and they can complain all they want. I just like to bring the other perspective into it which is: it ain’t all that serious, and that the loudest don’t represent the most.

Everyone knows Brans powers, he can see the past and present.

Jon doesn’t want to be king, thought they established that about 100x this season.

Why would Jon be king anyway? Don’t think the unsullied or Dothraki would kill everyone if that happened?

For the crap the season was the ending was fine.

Arya leaves Westeros which she hates, Sansa gets to rule the North, Jon gets to be a wilding where he was most comfortable.

Bran being king is fine since he has no allegiances and no bias in the grand scheme of things

Bran was a weak character - never developed into anything but a kid with a weird look on his face and an ability to see things.

Jon didn't want to be king, but that was the point. You don't always get to pick. When he decided to kill Dany, something more should have happened beyond a few weeks in prison and exile to Castle Black. Boring......

Why wouldn't they kill everyone anyway? Dany was killed and what, they stayed and left peacefully? Why wouldn't there be a civil war? I also think it's a joke that there were that many Dothraki and Unsullied left. It looked like most Dothraki perished in the battle against the Army of the Dead but somehow them and the Unsullied multiplied and none got burned when Dany destroyed King's Landing and an entire army remained.

They spent the entire episode before trailing Arya with a **** camera like she was in a video game for some ridiculous reason and for what? It meant nothing and lead to nothing.

This season went down quickly. The writers had to come up with their own ending and failed.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Put it out of your life.

I know you care very very deeply, as your dozens of anguished posts attest, but maybe, just maybe, it’s time to move on.

To me, it was fun TV.

And don’t take this personally, I’m just using you as a proxy for all the annoying science fiction/fantasy fans out there that are constantly posting on social media and whining about what they don’t like about this or that. For chrissakes all you whiny bltches, just stop posting find something productive to do with your lives.

Post like this make me laugh. For someone who spends a good portion of his life following a game, critiquing coaches and kids... What exact point are you making by trashing people who have an opinion on an OT subject that you obviously care nothing about.

The ending in my opinion was trash compared to what the series was overall. I feel a majority of GoT fans and show watchers felt the same way. When something is **** people deserve to be criticized.. Lucky for D&D this was the end, or they’d be forced out like Richt Lololol.

I liked it. Too many ppl fancy themselves as amateur tv/film critics and want to pick apart everything.

And the “I wanted more characters” to die crowd is just...weird. **** near 20 characters died in the final season but that’s not enough for you blood thirsty maniacs. It’s pretty easy to differentiate the ppl who have been watching for years and the ones who binge watched it.

Advertisement
I feel a majority of GoT fans and show watchers felt the same way.

You have no idea, but obviously you like to be part of a perceived mob. Congratulations. You are a follower.

You don’t know what the majority of the people like or didn’t like. You're just making that up in your own head. And you’re proving my point, that people think that a few loudmouths on social media represent everyone. They don’t.

You have no idea, but obviously you like to be part of a perceived mob. Congratulations. You are a follower.

You don’t know what the majority of the people like or didn’t like. You're just making that up in your own head. And you’re proving my point, that people think that a few loudmouths on social media represent everyone. They don’t.

I pretty much did what you just did over your last 4 or 5 post. I assumed that a bunch of people liked/or in my post disliked said ending.. you have no idea, just like I have no idea... But what I do know is, I marathoned the show over the weekend and I didn’t like the ending. I have no time to troll the internet to have them decide how I feel. Purely my opinion. What I sense from you (could be true, could be false) is someone that feels their opinion is being attacked, that feels the need to attack a fan base

I have a theory that the majority people that watch this stuff actually enjoy it, but the loudest voices is a small percentage of angry social media whores that can’t wait to run to their computers and type out their snarky remarks.

Advertisement
I pretty much did what you just did over your last 4 or 5 post. I assumed that a bunch of people liked/or in my post disliked said ending.. you have no idea, just like I have no idea... But what I do know is, I marathoned the show over the weekend and I didn’t like the ending. I have no time to troll the internet to have them decide how I feel. Purely my opinion. What I sense from you (could be true, could be false) is someone that feels their opinion is being attacked, that feels the need to attack a fan base

False.

I don’t feel like my opinion is being attacked, there have been very few comments on it. Add to that the fact that I don’t care. I know you don’t know what my posting history is like on this site, but I’ve never been one to shy away from taking an unpopular opinion or go against the grain. I really don’t care.

Part of my reason for posting in this thread is just something that I’ve noticed with respect to social media, and other forms of mass communication distribution, over the last few years, whether talking about science fiction/fantasy, or other topics, including sports and even politics.

And that is, that a very few, very vocal number of people can give a false impression that they represent the majority of a particular group - in this case the entirety of the viewership of GOT.

I posit that this is also false. My guess is that you if you were to actually take an accurate scientific poll, that of the millions of people that watched GOT last night, the vast majority would be satisfied with the series and with the ending.

False.

I don’t feel like my opinion is being attacked, there have been very few comments on it. Add to that the fact that I don’t care. I know you don’t know what my posting history is like on this site, but I’ve never been one to shy away from taking an unpopular opinion or go against the grain. I really don’t care.

Part of my reason for posting in this thread is just something that I’ve noticed with respect to social media, and other forms of mass communication distribution, over the last few years, whether talking about science fiction/fantasy, or other topics, including sports and even politics.

And that is, that a very few, very vocal number of people can give a false impression that they represent the majority of a particular group - in this case the entirety of the viewership of GOT.

I posit that this is also false. My guess is that you if you were to actually take an accurate scientific poll, that of the millions of people that watched GOT last night, the vast majority would be satisfied with the series and with the ending.

I'd be interested to see the result of said hypothetical polling. Until then I’ll respect your stance.

Advertisement
Back