OT - Game of Thrones S8

Advertisement
Put it out of your life.

I know you care very very deeply, as your dozens of anguished posts attest, but maybe, just maybe, it’s time to move on.

To me, it was fun TV.

And don’t take this personally, I’m just using you as a proxy for all the annoying science fiction/fantasy fans out there that are constantly posting on social media and whining about what they don’t like about this or that. For chrissakes all you whiny bltches, just stop posting find something productive to do with your lives.

And that's fine...I'm just using your post as a proxy for poor discourse. You've got 13,000+ posts here...you clearly, genuinely care about a ****ty product and discuss the merits of the current product pretty regularly. I don't understand why you can't understand that for something else. I'm not sitting here telling you to move on from Miami football because Mark Richt is a bum head coach. We're adults (and we don't always express ourselves like one), but we can discuss the merits of artwork.

The discussion around this show has changed over the years...now, from what I've seen around the internet...those that just watch it for mindless fun generally enjoyed it to the very end. Those that have watched the show with a more analytical eye have expressed frustration with the show. Its not too dissimilar to every discussion on every Miami football medium over the past 15 years.

I'm actually intrigued to hear why some people still enjoyed it to the very end when - to me - the writing was so terribly poor and the booking decisions on characters at the end was so haphazard, I am unsure how even a fan of the mindless fun couldn't at least acknowledge the decline in quality. Even the cast - more invested in the characters than any of us - have, in public, shown their dissatisfaction with the final season. The article where Emelia Clarke and Kit Harrington find out about the fate of their characters at the final table reading is pretty telling.

Seasons 7 and 8 were garbage. Show turned into a Marvel popcorn flick with cheesy dialogue and forced interactions.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bran could see all but neglected to tell everyone that Dany was going to burn King's Landing and kill millions. And that's the guy they picked as King 😂

You could argue that everything is his fault since he should have seen Dany unraveling after Jon tells her who he is and then rejects her. He basically let her kill millions so he can take the throne.

And that's fine...I'm just using your post as a proxy for poor discourse. You've got 13,000+ posts here...you clearly, genuinely care about a ****ty product and discuss the merits of the current product pretty regularly. I don't understand why you can't understand that for something else. I'm not sitting here telling you to move on from Miami football because Mark Richt is a bum head coach. We're adults (and we don't always express ourselves like one), but we can discuss the merits of artwork.

The discussion around this show has changed over the years...now, from what I've seen around the internet...those that just watch it for mindless fun generally enjoyed it to the very end. Those that have watched the show with a more analytical eye have expressed frustration with the show. Its not too dissimilar to every discussion on every Miami football medium over the past 15 years.

I'm actually intrigued to hear why some people still enjoyed it to the very end when - to me - the writing was so terribly poor and the booking decisions on characters at the end was so haphazard, I am unsure how even a fan of the mindless fun couldn't at least acknowledge the decline in quality. Even the cast - more invested in the characters than any of us - have, in public, shown their dissatisfaction with the final season. The article where Emelia Clarke and Kit Harrington find out about the fate of their characters at the final table reading is pretty telling.

And I’m using your post as a proxy for self-important douchebags who try to elevate themselves by discussing fantasy dragon entertainment television as deadly serious artwork.

I enjoyed it and liked it from beginning to end. I acknowledge that the show changed from beginning to end in terms of depth of character development, amount of political intrigue, etc. But I don’t care. I liked it.

It was just a different show at the beginning than it was at the end. Not worse at the end, just different. I didn’t expect things to say the same. Especially when they’re not working off source material but off of author bullet points. You can not expect TV writers to write novels. That’s the novelist’s job, and he opted out. They are TV writers, not novelists.

Critique all you want. In fact post another 50 times on it. Clearly you care that much.

I just want to disabuse people of the notion that a small loud minority represents the entire viewership. It doesn’t.

Look at this headline.

So now everybody hates it. Because wired says so. Already the media is adopting the trope that everyone hated it. When they have no idea.

A minority, granted a very vocal and very media-visible minority, is dominating the discourse. Why? They don’t represent a continuity or majority of thought except for their own hyper critical super obsessed social media addicted whores.

What’s funny is that people that critique the show, and I am totally good with them not liking it or critiquing it, that these people not only assure us that they are right, but they represent all thought or the majority of thought. It’s almost like a form of opinion fascism.

Last edited:
Bran played the game of thrones and won. With his ability to see everything from the past, what did he do? Handed Arya the knife to kill the Night King and drove a wedge between Daenerys and Jon.

Know your place, Wylis.
He shouldve put Sansa in her place and reminded her that he is ALSO the rightful heir to Winterfell.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Truth is the shows been on a downward spiral for a couple of seasons now. Almost every complaint you heard about this season could also be applied to Seasons 6 and 7. Now, when your peak is arguably right up there with the god's of television, a slump still puts you above 99 % of anything else out there. I give this season a B-. The actors should be commended for what they did with some of their weakest material to date.

But ain't no way this is the best show of all time. May have even slipped from Top 5 imo. It isn't even the best show on TV RIGHT NOW.
What’s your opinion there on the last sentence?

Just curious. I don’t watch much TV these days because it’s mostly crap.

Advertisement
Back