OT - Game of Thrones S8

I don’t know how anyone could think it would be Jon Snow. The episode pretty much told us that Arya would be the one to save the day. Yea the music was great, there was one or two great cinematography shots. But none of the writing stood out to me other than Arya saying “not today.” I feel everyone is saying what a big moment it was, but I don’t see how it was executed well. The show spent how many seasons telling us winter is coming and how bad the night king was only to have it all end by Arya sneaking up on him?

Because they just got done telling you over the previous three episodes that he's the king of kings. Its been a long held belief he was the guy...both in the books and on TV. But Arya wasn't out of nowhere either. They have planted plenty of seeds that it was going to be her going back to Season 3.

The Night King was very much a badass. Dude was shot up with fire and basically Vince McMahon strutted into Winterfell. His army completely overwhelmed whatever the Northern coalition had to offer.

And...yeah...Arya...who developed these skills over the course of every season was the one to RKO outtanowhere the Night King. I thought it was well done throughout...I thought the building of suspense was incredible throughout.

I get some of the gripes, but to me, they are inconsequential. They built to this episode and I thought they executed it so well it surpassed my expectations. I'm sorry it didn't for you. I wish you enjoyed it as much I did. Was a good feeling.

Advertisement
Have you heard of ad hominem? Since you didn’t refute any of my arguments I’ll follow your lead. Harriet would be proud of you. Entire planet? I forgot how small the world is for some of you. Don’t go postal says the man who has often been suspended from this site for getting into fights on a message board. Enjoy the show.
And your currently on a thread picking fights and reacting calling people dumb for not agreeing with your nitpicking hypersensitive and purposely contrarian troll reaction of a television program. OriginalCane already thoroughly addressed and then undressed your obnoxious takes on the show and I’m not into redundancy. How many people do u need to tell you that you’re raging 😤 and need to calm down and take your own advice...”enjoy the show”.

I haven't read the books, personally, but from the people I know who did. They don't say it's necessarily better, it is just deeper. There is so much more story you can fit into 500 blank plages compared to 10 hours (per season) on TV.
Isn't that always what makes the book better? His writing and my imagination of it has a way bigger budget than HBO, and Danny's **** where much nicer in my mind.

Because they just got done telling you over the previous three episodes that he's the king of kings. Its been a long held belief he was the guy...both in the books and on TV. But Arya wasn't out of nowhere either. They have planted plenty of seeds that it was going to be her going back to Season 3.

The Night King was very much a badass. Dude was shot up with fire and basically Vince McMahon strutted into Winterfell. His army completely overwhelmed whatever the Northern coalition had to offer.

And...yeah...Arya...who developed these skills over the course of every season was the one to RKO outtanowhere the Night King. I thought it was well done throughout...I thought the building of suspense was incredible throughout.

I get some of the gripes, but to me, they are inconsequential. They built to this episode and I thought they executed it so well it surpassed my expectations. I'm sorry it didn't for you. I wish you enjoyed it as much I did. Was a good feeling.
This! Totally agree 🎯🎯🎯

I liked it just fine.. Not enough to give Crimson Cane a 13 page dissertation as to why.. but yeah, pretty solid. (Personally I'm happy to see the King's Landing stuff play out moreso than drag out the NK/WW aspect) JMO

Advertisement

Great link and comments regarding the "lack of consequences" plaguing GOT. A good show that was the greatest show a few seasons back.

F*ck off in advance if this triggers you...lol.

All he says is that the Night King seeks an endless night. Aka, death and destruction. But why?

That is what people are criticizing. The actual episode is amazing television, but the context fell short.
Don’t know if it’s been said already on here but Bran has always been The Night King main target because he is the 3 eyed Raven . The Night King wants to basically destroy all memory of mankind and to do that he has to kill the one who holds all the memories, Bran

Definitely some plot holes but if you pay attention there was no way around it due to the story show....obviously Dany an Jon weren’t going to die....didn’t even fully address the fact that Jon is a Tarygaryen ...Jaime got unfinished business with Cersei . The Hound unfinished business with The Mountain. Brienne, Torsen, and Ser Davos prolly shoulda died . Grey Worm a dog so him not dying is believable . Sam definitely shoulda died or stayed his *** in the crypt

but how do you realistically show the main characters heavily involved in the fight that they are extremely outnumbered in without them being surrounded by hella wights ? If they didnt yal would complain about how it’s unrealistic too . Did you expect to see one on one sword battles between main characters and wights ?

The biggest plot hole to me was the night king literally ain’t have to show up at all and risk getting killed , there was enough wights that they would have killed Bran anyway . Unless he had to kill Bran a certain way or something .. but it’s a tv show . The fact that the **** felt like a movie and one single episode warrants this much discussion speaks for itself .

Advertisement
I think when the red woman gave them that fire, it gave them the "confidence" and to charge.

On the Inside the Episode...they said in sum, they needed to create ebbs and flow in the narrative over 90m. It couldn't be 90m of dread and death...they needed hope spots (old pro wrestling gimmick in match structure). That was one of them.

If we get technical a big *** dragon just fell in there so it's not like the waters would have been completely still. Either way it is a plothole that could have been written better or they should have explained how it happened.
It such a minute detail it doesn't really matter, ultimately, we're talking about a show with Dragon and Zombies, some stuff doesn't necessarily have to be full proof. In that same episode didn't Danaerys get to the north in 20 minutes when in previous seasons it took half a season to get anywhere?

It such a minute detail it doesn't really matter, ultimately, we're talking about a show with Dragon and Zombies, some stuff doesn't necessarily have to be full proof. In that same episode didn't Danaerys get to the north in 20 minutes when in previous seasons it took half a season to get anywhere?
Yeah bc there is not a difference between riding on a horse and flying on a dragon huh? Lmao

Advertisement
So was the night king possibly a dead targaryen? Is that how he could survive fire and fly a dragon? I'm a little disappointed we never actually got to see him fight. The only thing he ever did was kill a dragon and walk around raising the dead?

In the show, he's just a guy used by the Children of the Forest against Men. An experiment gone array, I guess. Maybe a Stark because he was turned at the Weirwood Tree that he also died at. Also, in the show, a big theme of this battle is everyone returning home (or where everyone started their journey) for it.

The bits about dragons...well, he was made with Dragon Glass...

In the books, Old Nan says the Night's King is essentially a completely different character...in the books, he was a former lord commander of the Night's Watch...fell in love with a wildling, went to war against the Starks and the King Beyond the Wall (way before Mance Rayder).

In the show, he's just a guy used by the Children of the Forest against Men. An experiment gone array, I guess. Maybe a Stark because he was turned at the Weirwood Tree that he also died at. Also, in the show, a big theme of this battle is everyone returning home (or where everyone started their journey) for it.

The bits about dragons...well, he was made with Dragon Glass...

In the books, Old Nan says the Night's King is essentially a completely different character...in the books, he was a former lord commander of the Night's Watch...fell in love with a wildling, went to war against the Starks and the King Beyond the Wall (way before Mance Rayder).
Right the Night King and Night’s King are different people. Forgot about that.

Rewatched the sequence where the piano music starts a few times again. **** gets better every time I watch it.

Advertisement
So was the night king possibly a dead targaryen? Is that how he could survive fire and fly a dragon? I'm a little disappointed we never actually got to see him fight. The only thing he ever did was kill a dragon and walk around raising the dead?

The Targaryen theory is just as interesting as the Stark theory. Those spiral signs the army of the dead make. We saw one this season in episode 2 with the umber kid hanging dead. It looks very similar to the Targaryen sigil. It would be nice to hear his true origin and I guess Bran has the answer right?

Advertisement
Back