OSU Transfer

Would rather mold Njoku. Not that Grimes isn't a stud, it just really rubs me the wrong way when these kids reject us and try to come back later. I hate being a Plan B.

I think I’ve read that his mom was pushing Miami at one point and they had a good relationship with dugans. Have to remember grimes isn’t a traditional South Florida kid. He grew up loving osu as he is from up north. With this family matter(possibly wanting to be closer to home) and lack of playing time I can see it but who knows

All accurate. But he was all OSU from day 1 for the very reasons you stated. If it truly is a family emergency, I'm a little less venomous in my opinion, but if it's bc of PT or lack of a QB or their Offense, I mean, that's on him. Urban Meyer has an entire history of Offenses to scrutinize. You gotta be a dummy to go play WR for him.

As already stated, Grimes is one of those kids that committed to a program not a coach. He was all suckeyes from the start.

Advertisement
I don't know if there is any truth to this, but, if this kid wants to come to UM, you take him. He is one of the best, most polished HS receivers I've ever seen.

Last edited:
Would rather mold Njoku. Not that Grimes isn't a stud, it just really rubs me the wrong way when these kids reject us and try to come back later. I hate being a Plan B.

I think I’ve read that his mom was pushing Miami at one point and they had a good relationship with dugans. Have to remember grimes isn’t a traditional South Florida kid. He grew up loving osu as he is from up north. With this family matter(possibly wanting to be closer to home) and lack of playing time I can see it but who knows

All accurate. But he was all OSU from day 1 for the very reasons you stated. If it truly is a family emergency, I'm a little less venomous in my opinion, but if it's bc of PT or lack of a QB or their Offense, I mean, that's on him. Urban Meyer has an entire history of Offenses to scrutinize. You gotta be a dummy to go play WR for him.

But, but, but, all of these kids want to be the next Percy Harvin...

Advertisement
Heard some rumblings about Grimes transferring to UM. Seeking a hardship transfer. Anyone else heard anything? Trying to validate.

This rumbling came from ?

Hawk, I saw this on another "less reputable site" by a user. I don't usually trust info but something about this seemed legit. That's what led to the post here to find out the truth. LOL

Just so we're clear, when you say "by a user" you mean yourself?

Advertisement
We’re we ever really in the discussion with this guy last year? Why would he all of the sudden want to come back?

^^winning does a lot to croots, local croots, and local talent at other schools... kids want to get back home
I mean, of course I’d like to have this kid be that big body wr we could use, I’m just a little skeptical that he already wants to come here, especially with how loaded we are at the position in general.

We have one proven stud with eligibility after this season in Richards. After that, we have a bunch of guys we hope will pan out. Do we have one 5 star on the roster or committed already? Maybe Pope, but that's it. I don't think we're as loaded as many here think.

He wouldn't be able to play until 2019 right?

If he got the hardship waiver he could play next year.
If he got the hardship waiver he could play the second he gets on campus I thought?

That is true, but he wouldn't be able to enroll in the school until next semester which is after the season, so he couldn't play or participate in team activities this year.

Nailed it!

Advertisement
We’re we ever really in the discussion with this guy last year? Why would he all of the sudden want to come back?

^^winning does a lot to croots, local croots, and local talent at other schools... kids want to get back home
I mean, of course I’d like to have this kid be that big body wr we could use, I’m just a little skeptical that he already wants to come here, especially with how loaded we are at the position in general.

We have one proven stud with eligibility after this season in Richards. After that, we have a bunch of guys we hope will pan out. Do we have one 5 star on the roster or committed already? Maybe Pope, but that's it. I don't think we're as loaded as many here think.

Jeff Thomas was actually rated higher than Grimes in last years class. Not saying he’s proven anything at this level yet, but even so, Grimes has proven even less. We have Harley, Richards, Mullens, and Thomas already on the roster, with Wiggins, Pope, and Hightower coming in next year. I would argue that is the most tallanted bunch in the nation. Grimes is tallanted, no doubt, but our depth is so much better than fsu’s for example idk if he would want to transfer here in search of pt, unless it truelly is a family matter and he HAS to be in Miami.

Advertisement
This won't happen, Urban will talk him out of it even if there is smoke to this. Probably wont hear anything else on this matter it will get swept under the rug.

Very doubtful that will ever happen....and for those of you saying he wouldn't get playing time here, you are crazy.

Advertisement
Back