OSU Transfer

A certain posters son plays football for Coral Springs 8u.. a certain OSU's Wr's little brother plays for same Coral Springs team. A certain OSU WR has been in Coral Springs at his little brothers game the last two weeks. And that's all I got to say about it

Fsu lover Gus the bus throwing kindergarten love and mystery stories

Advertisement
Addressing the Trevon Grimes rumors

We usually talk about recruiting only here, but I wanted to address an elephant that made its way into the room earlier on Tuesday.

@UnderwoodSports rumor has it Trevon Grimes is transferring to UM. Have you heard anything on this?
— Anthony Guerra (@bubbaaaa_8) October 10, 2017

As was made public on Monday, Urban Meyer’s weekly press conference was cancelled so that Meyer and a small group of Ohio State emissaries could head out of town to spend time with a player and his family. The nature of the issue isn’t mine to tell, but many people have reasonably presumed that it involved Trevon Grimes, who was not on the sidelines with the Buckeyes last Saturday against Maryland or the week before against Rutgers. His social media timelines have shown him as being home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The last month or so has been a trying time for Grimes, according to sources close to the situation. The wide receiver has started to get back on the field (slowly) after a torn ACL. He’s also dealt with a major hurricane hitting the area close to his home, family issues, and general freshman malaise of homesickness and the challenges faced by any player who is 1,000 miles from home.

It’s a perfect storm kind of thing for a person to go through and certainly could lend credence to the idea that he may end up leaving Ohio State.

However, from what I’ve been able to glean from this situation is that at the time the Ohio State contingent left Florida on Monday, there was a plan in place for Grimes to stay in Florida and be with his family at least through the end of this semester. At that point, he is expected to return to Ohio State. If that changed, or is up for debate, I do not know any details. It could change daily, but that’s where things were.

It’s important in a situation like this to stop thinking about the football team and the roster and that kind of stuff. Respecting a family’s privacy and the things they need to do for each other supersedes any football-related side effects.

Last edited:
We have one proven stud with eligibility after this season in Richards. After that, we have a bunch of guys we hope will pan out. Do we have one 5 star on the roster or committed already? Maybe Pope, but that's it. I don't think we're as loaded as many here think.

Jeff Thomas was actually rated higher than Grimes in last years class. Not saying he’s proven anything at this level yet, but even so, Grimes has proven even less. We have Harley, Richards, Mullens, and Thomas already on the roster, with Wiggins, Pope, and Hightower coming in next year. I would argue that is the most tallanted bunch in the nation. Grimes is tallanted, no doubt, but our depth is so much better than fsu’s for example idk if he would want to transfer here in search of pt, unless it truelly is a family matter and he HAS to be in Miami.

From what I've read, a totally different kind of receiver from Thomas. Could use an exceptionally talented bigger receiver.

Also, totally different from DeRosier situation who, I think, ended up as an OL at Temple. I'm guessing DeRosier couldn't cover slot receivers.

Oh no doubt he’s different and from what I’ve seen and read he does look exceptionally talented, just saying if he’s transferring from * just bc he’s not getting pt he would have an easier time finding it elsewhere

Family hardship man, wouldn't be for PT but to be closer to his family

If that’s what it is then all I’ve got to say is come on down.

Advertisement
Addressing the Trevon Grimes rumors

We usually talk about recruiting only here, but I wanted to address an elephant that made its way into the room earlier on Tuesday.

@UnderwoodSports rumor has it Trevon Grimes is transferring to UM. Have you heard anything on this?
— Anthony Guerra (@bubbaaaa_8) October 10, 2017

As was made public on Monday, Urban Meyer’s weekly press conference was cancelled so that Meyer and a small group of Ohio State emissaries could head out of town to spend time with a player and his family. The nature of the issue isn’t mine to tell, but many people have reasonably presumed that it involved Trevon Grimes, who was not on the sidelines with the Buckeyes last Saturday against Maryland or the week before against Rutgers. His social media timelines have shown him as being home in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

The last month or so has been a trying time for Grimes, according to sources close to the situation. The wide receiver has started to get back on the field (slowly) after a torn ACL. He’s also dealt with a major hurricane hitting the area close to his home, family issues, and general freshman malaise of homesickness and the challenges faced by any player who is 1,000 miles from home.

It’s a perfect storm kind of thing for a person to go through and certainly could lend credence to the idea that he may end up leaving Ohio State.

However, from what I’ve been able to glean from this situation is that at the time the Ohio State contingent left Florida on Monday, there was a plan in place for Grimes to stay in Florida and be with his family at least through the end of this semester. At that point, he is expected to return to Ohio State. If that changed, or is up for debate, I do not know any details. It could change daily, but that’s where things were.

It’s important in a situation like this to stop thinking about the football team and the roster and that kind of stuff. Respecting a family’s privacy and the things they need to do for each other supersedes any football-related side effects.

..he’s just trying to calm the OSU fan base down.

A certain posters son plays football for Coral Springs 8u.. a certain OSU's Wr's little brother plays for same Coral Springs team. A certain OSU WR has been in Coral Springs at his little brothers game the last two weeks. And that's all I got to say about it

2 weeks in a row??? That def makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 weeks in a row??? That def makes a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And his little brother is a fugging beast makes no sense how good he is

Another dope who thought he needed to leave home to go to Meth Town only to find out that place is a **** hole. Wait till that depressing sickening gray winter rolls around up there.

Come to your senses and join the orange and green tidal wave.

Advertisement
His home town ain't SoFla, doesn't make sense for any big time wr to go to OSU tho

Down vote for writing that like a serial rapist.. but solid info

i started creeping on Twitter because that's what I do .

My findings ...
1. Grimes started following Coach Baez
2. Grimes re-tweeted Mike Harley ( former STA teammate )
3. Grimes liked Dugans post about Richards being freshman AA
4. Grimes liked some Canes Football posts

I'm saying there's a chance but I hope he's not trolling us. Baez needs to slide into the DMs , and send a pic of the chain. Kids love the Cuban linc

Advertisement
i started creeping on Twitter because that's what I do .

My findings ...
1. Grimes started following Coach Baez
2. Grimes re-tweeted Mike Harley ( former STA teammate )
3. Grimes liked Dugans post about Richards being freshman AA
4. Grimes liked some Canes Football posts

I'm saying there's a chance but I hope he's not trolling us. Baez needs to slide into the DMs , and send a pic of the chain. Kids love the Cuban linc
Yeah I saw that too, just checked and him liking baez and dugans tweets were within the last 2 weeks.

Looks like it has all the makings of him transferring here. He’s staying for the rest of the semester. Then he can go back in December or Jan when it’s miserable and be more depressed. Or he can head down to UM in December when it’s sunny and 78.

Advertisement
I just called another parent on the team...word is as of Last week he didn't wanna go back to Ohio... that's all i I got, didn't wanna be the douche prying into people's business

I just called another parent on the team...word is as of Last week he didn't wanna go back to Ohio... that's all i I got, didn't wanna be the douche prying into people's business

Won't lie I have doubts anything comes of this but, if for some reason a miracle happens and he does that would be absolutely amazing. He's a stud be be as big as he is and run how he does can't coach that

What's the point in this vague sht? The people you're talking about will know what you mean so why not just use their names? Or keep quiet if you don't want to put private business out there. Not like it's just you, dude's are always trying to sound all cryptic like they're spies or something.

What's the point in this vague sht? The people you're talking about will know what you mean so why not just use their names? Or keep quiet if you don't want to put private business out there. Not like it's just you, dude's are always trying to sound all cryptic like they're spies or something.

I was attempting to be funny... I thought it was obvious said porster is yours truly

Advertisement
Back