Orlando

True....The Searcy's...Copelands...Sapp's etc...came when there was no Probation in sight....But once 1995 rolled along...we were literally bypassed...No Central Fl kids wanted to come to UM, and have to deal with Sanctions...No TV or Bowl for a yr...and public scorn....Add in Marlin Barnes Murder, coupled with Time Magazine calling Miami worst place to live in Fl...and it was a wrap...Legendary Central Fl HS FB Coach Bill Gierke told me Butch...Chuck and several others on staff recruited Central Fl alot, unfortunately to no avail...

Yes, we hit a rough patch for a while.

But let's not forget, we LOVED (and signed) Ray Ray and Dyron from Seminole High (until they got in trouble).

Plus (recently)...

Chase Smith (Melbourne)
DeShawn Troutman
Avantae (same **** DeLand area that produced 5-star Lingard, as the Gaytors call him)
Marcus Clarke
John Campbell (OK, cue the joke)

Don't forget Toolbox Trent Harris

And we can probably count N'Kosi (Ocala Vanguard), since Ocala gets Orlando TV stations and The Orlando Sentinel.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’d constantly be changing my name. Richmond is the longest place I stayed in my adult life and I’m potentially about to move to my 3rd city since then.

Your name becomes your brand here. The only change I’ve ever made was from RVACane to RVA Cane with a space and then back.

OK, then we need to go with canewasinorlando.

But let's not forget, we LOVED (and signed) Ray Ray and Dyron from Seminole High (until they got in trouble).

Plus (recently)...

Chase Smith (Melbourne)
DeShawn Troutman
Avantae (same **** DeLand area that produced 5-star Lingard, as the Gaytors call him)
Daz Worsham (Titusville, I know, the jury is still out on him)
Marcus Clarke

And we can probably count N'Kosi (Ocala Vanguard), since Ocala gets Orlando TV stations and The Orlando Sentinel.
Trent went to Winter Park...spoke to him alot...Great kid...but besides Chase...the rest are/were toilet water...

Advertisement
Not true....he's had his license back for 3yrs...he lost it because of ONE DUI..and punching a Casselberry police officer....Ive sat with him COUNTLESS times at Wally's over the yrs....
lol did you see the video of him on live or something? I assume it was a joke but he is driving, and saying how the "license suspended" rumor has followed him for years and he doesn't understand why people still bring it up so he goes to pull out his license to prove it and instead shows his weed card.

lol did you see the video of him on live or something? I assume it was a joke but he is driving, and saying how the "license suspended" rumor has followed him for years and he doesn't understand why people still bring it up so he goes to pull out his license to prove it and instead shows his weed card.

Funny stuff.

I have heard (from attorneys at both Colling, Gilbert and Morgan & Morgan) that he had a driver, particularly for firm-related events. The last time this was mentioned to me was in the late 2000s, so maybe things have changed. One time that I did see him heading to his car with his family, his wife was driving.

And the reason people "still bring it up" is because the allegations were serious, including the fight with a cop.

But, hey, if John says that it's a "rumor", who am I to contradict him?

Advertisement

Plus (recently)...

Chase Smith (Melbourne)
DeShawn Troutman
Daz Worsham (Titusville, I know, the jury is still out on him)
Marcus Clarke

I think Worsham was from Trussville Alabama if I'm not mistaken

lol did you see the video of him on live or something? I assume it was a joke but he is driving, and saying how the "license suspended" rumor has followed him for years and he doesn't understand why people still bring it up so he goes to pull out his license to prove it and instead shows his weed card..
John has so much $$$$ it should be illegal.....When the POTUS stays at your home overnight ( several times)...that tells you all you need to know...

Advertisement
Lol at Orlando not Gator Country...It most certainly is.....UFs two biggest and wealthiest Boosters resides in Orlando...(John Morgan & Stumpy Harris...the latter was President of the UF Booster's for 20yrs)..Only a fool thinks Orlando isn't Gator country....and Sanford is not practically Orlando...not even close...Apopka as well....
Stumpy Harris passed a month or so ago. Ive known the Morgans for decades.

Forgot Searcy. Believe it or mot, he was a great prospect but not a well-known national recruit, at least as far as the recruiting publications. I don’t know how long he lived in Orlando, his family was originally from Maryland.
He still lives here in town. He smokes cigars with one of my buddies.

Advertisement
Trent went to Winter Park...spoke to him alot...Great kid...but besides Chase...the rest are/were toilet water...
His mom and step dad come to my bar about every other week. His sister likes to sing karaoke. His mom is one of the nicest ladies and she loves me . lol. I always make sure they are taken care of. Met Trent about 2 our 3 months ago. Super nice guy and was very respectful. Hes more of a rock star because of his winter park days then for playing at Miami or the Seahawks. You should have seen how all the younger kids went crazy when he came into the bar.

Advertisement
Back