Orlando

LOL you are 40 and that is you...Yes some kids watch HS highlights and sports. As do some parents. Not all of course.

Since you are here you know it is Gator territory.
John Morgan owns the Largest Personal Injury Law firm in America with over 400 Lawers....I can guarantee you that 3/4 of them are UF Grads....Stumpy Harris was President of the UF Booster Club for 22yrs I believe....HUGE Booster is an understatement....met him several times...and his knowledge of UM History was staggering...I was Shocked...

Advertisement
I think you will see it changing a bit in the next 5 to 10yrs. LOTS of folks moving down to Orlando from Northern US.
Nah Man...Orlando will ALWAYS be UF Country....I don't care who moves there....its literally Gainesville South....and its not even close....sure you have a sprinkling of FSU & Bama fans...but it's dwarfed in comparison to UFs...

Exactly, when I hear people say Orlando is Gaytor territory it makes me laugh. Schools in Ocala or Oviedo falls in the category. But Metro Orlando are sending kids to the best schools. Miami just have to make a effort to recruit Orlando kids. When they put in the time for a kid from Orlando. They normally get them.

Oviedo is Orlando too. Maybe you meant another area.

Bottom line is very simple. Orlando is NOT "Gaytor Country". Too many clueless SoFla porsters just look at a map and assume certain things about other parts of the state north of Palm Beach County.

Orlando is:

25% Gaytor fans because mommy and/or daddy went there, even though I'm probably not getting in
25% SemenHole fans because they are rednecks who act like they are not racist because they support one American Indian tribe by wearing F$U Realtree gear
25% UCF fans because it's the home team and that's where I'm likely to go
20% Miami fans because of the history
5% fans of some other school because I like being a contrarian

I think you will see it changing a bit in the next 5 to 10yrs. LOTS of folks moving down to Orlando from Northern US.
I think it depends where they come from. If they come from pro sports towns with no real allegiance to college teams, we may find them joining the hot team or Gator bandwagon to fit in. Especially if they have kids and all their friends are Gators.

Are u from or have u been to Orlando?? I was at the Game in 19..I felt the need to break out a new canes fit other than what I packed..went to the outlets(3 separate stops) NOTHING BUT GATOR **** and UCF..with a little bit of FSU..**** they had more UGA **** than Miami..it’s gator county up there

First of all, Miami fans are more sophisticated than Gaytor/F$U fans. We know how to shop at CanesWear and AllCanes and DymeLyfe to get a much wider variety of UM styles than what you can find at "outlets" and "WalMart".

Second, I have absolutely seen UM gear in Orlando stores WHEN WE ARE GOOD. But when we are not playing well, our stuff doesn't sell very well in the brick-and-mortar stores. Same with F$U, I have DEFINITELY seen a decrease in F$U gear in Orlando area stores (which coincides with an increase in UCF gear).

It's better to judge by public reaction. I was at the Orlando City soccer match last night, and I saw a girl wearing a UM mask, so I had to pay her a compliment. I have UM tags on all my cars, I frequently get the thumbs up. I wear UM gear all the time, can't tell you the number of times people have shouted out The U.

There's a difference, I assure you. Gaytor fans have numbers in Central Florida, but they are only comfortable in numbers/success. I can't tell you the number of Gaytors I've talked to who complain about how "badly" they were treated at Joe Robbie when they "only" had 45,000 tickets. Meanwhile, real UM fans will wear their gear all over Orlando and not feel bad when Gaytors and SemenHoles try to give them ****e.

Plenty of UM fans in Orlando. We're a minority, but what do you expect?

Advertisement
Ish is on Tolan like crazy. Comes here on the latest visit on June 25th. Visits Auburn on June 11th, LSU 18th.

Ironically we have to fight Baker to get him, lol.
BBQ too. Twice in a month much like Bissainthe. Staff knows where the splash must be made and are going all
Out. Hoping similar pressure is on Devon Jackson. Seems so.

John Morgan owns the Largest Personal Injury Law firm in America with over 400 Lawers....I can guarantee you that 3/4 of them are UF Grads....Stumpy Harris was President of the UF Booster Club for 22yrs I believe....HUGE Booster is an understatement....met him several times...and his knowledge of UM History was staggering...I was Shocked...
As an aside, it is amazing what Morgan has done. I remember when he had 18 lawyers and they were chasing slip and fall cases. The firm has exploded over the last 15-20 years - class action, product liability, business litigation, etc. Unreal. Dude is still a mouth breather imo.

Advertisement
All true, my stomach hurts on a daily basis, it’s so bad I actually befriend FSU fans here because they are better than UF fans
I have to say I see more UM tags then I expected when I moved up this way from Broward which was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully we just build relationships and start winning big games again.

As an aside, it is amazing what Morgan has done. I remember when he had 18 lawyers and they were chasing slip and fall cases. The firm has exploded over the last 15-20 years - class action, product liability, business litigation, etc. Unreal. Dude is still a mouth breather imo.
He started at Morgan..Colling & Gilbert 1st...then left and built an empire with his wife Ultima...

Orlando hasn’t been a hot spot for the Canes in the 21st Century. The only big names I can remember are Trent Harris, Ryan Moore and John Campbell. Brandon Meriweather if you count Apopka. Not much overall.

But with South Florida down, it seems that Coach Ish and TRob are really pushing Central Florida. We are going hard after DeMario Tolan, JaCorey Thomas, Markeith Williams, Jayden Gibson, Zane Durant and Leyton Nelson.

Just something to watch as this recruiting cycle progresses.
I believe we are in better position to land most of these guys than we would have been just last year. Like Cooney noted, wins are important. Plus Ish and TRob will make a difference.

Ray Ray is from the Sanford area. That’s 30 minutes NE of Orlando.

Advertisement
He started at Morgan..Colling & Gilbert 1st...then left and built an empire with his wife Ultima...
I remember. When I lived in St Pete they had a small office in the Tampa area (not sure where - maybe a Clearwater) and had a billboard or two in the area. Colling and Gilbert stayed together following the split. Morgan was generating the business, and the other two did all the heavy lifting on the cases.

I remember. When I lived in St Pete they had a small office in the Tampa area (not sure where - maybe a Clearwater) and had a billboard or two in the area. Colling and Gilbert stayed together following the split. Morgan was generating the business, and the other two did all the heavy lifting on the cases.

All true, but ALSO at the time, Morgan was racking up DUIs, he had his license revoked at one time, and even today, he usually uses a driver instead of driving his own car.

I've seen him around Orlando many times, used to see him and his midget family out at restaurants all the time.

Advertisement
Oviedo is Orlando too. Maybe you meant another area.

Bottom line is very simple. Orlando is NOT "Gaytor Country". Too many clueless SoFla porsters just look at a map and assume certain things about other parts of the state north of Palm Beach County.

Orlando is:

25% Gaytor fans because mommy and/or daddy went there, even though I'm probably not getting in
25% SemenHole fans because they are rednecks who act like they are not racist because they support one American Indian tribe by wearing F$U Realtree gear
25% UCF fans because it's the home team and that's where I'm likely to go
20% Miami fans because of the history
5% fans of some other school because I like being a contrarian
Sorry K....I absolutely do not agree with that.....No way on the face of this earth is Orlando only 25% Gators....you live in Seminole County, ....not Orange county....Orange county is and has been Gator territory since the beginning of time...Even Legendary Citrus Baron and Philanthropist Dr. Phillips was a HUGE Gator guy....20% UM fans in Orlando??...Not on this Green earth...

Last edited:

Also amazing to me is how much they spend in advertising (see below excerpt from internet article)

People also ask​

How much does Morgan and Morgan spend on advertising?

At the same time as it apparently received the federal loans, Morgan & Morgan boosted its advertising from an estimated $50,000 a day to over $300,000 a day, according to Deep Root Analytics, which tracks advertising spending.Jul 15, 2020
1621805802034.png

https://www.tortreform.com › news

Advertisement
Back