Orlando

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Orlando hasn’t been a hot spot for the Canes in the 21st Century. The only big names I can remember are Trent Harris, Ryan Moore and John Campbell. Brandon Meriweather if you count Apopka. Not much overall.

But with South Florida down, it seems that Coach Ish and TRob are really pushing Central Florida. We are going hard after DeMario Tolan, JaCorey Thomas, Markeith Williams, Jayden Gibson, Zane Durant and Leyton Nelson.

Just something to watch as this recruiting cycle progresses.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Orlando hasn’t been a hot spot for the Canes in the 21st Century. The only big names I can remember are Trent Harris, Ryan Moore and John Campbell. Brandon Meriweather if you count Apopka. Not much overall.

But with South Florida down, it seems that Coach Ish and TRob are really pushing Central Florida. We are going hard after DeMario Tolan, JaCorey Thomas, Markeith Williams, Jayden Gibson, Zane Durant and Leyton Nelson.

Just something to watch as this recruiting cycle progresses.
Apopka is part of orlando. We have kids that UM should be all over. Kaven call has offers from everybody. Its also a school thats not anti UM. Two of the best in UM history came from apopka sapp and merriweather. Cant be slow to the party stop even going to lakeland in polk county those kids are going to UF

Apopka is part of orlando. We have kids that UM should be all over. Kaven call has offers from everybody. Its also a school thats not anti UM. Two of the best in UM history came from apopka sapp and merriweather. Cant be slow to the party stop even going to lakeland in polk county those kids are going to UF
This apk every year will have Miami caliber kids and like you said they are not a pipeline to no school.

I seen Jayden Gibson play in his spring game yesterday. I was very impressed with him. Made some tough catches in traffic and wasn’t easy to bring down after the catch. I can remember at least two time it took half of Jones defense to take him down.
He was running back kickoffs, kid kept them in the game. Did you see those tackles for west orange? Man they look the part.

Advertisement
He was running back kickoffs, kid kept them in the game. Did you see those tackles for west orange? Man they look the part.
I was thinking the same thing. The tackles on both side of the ball looked the part. QB from West Orange has arm talent but he missed some throws out there while Jones QB made them when it really counted. West Orange has some players on Defense. Number 11 & 5 really stood out. But number 2 on offense from Jones made the play of the night and ended the game.

Advertisement
It was but schools like dp apopka Edgewater and Seminole don’t care they send them to the best schools!! We need to be up
Exactly, when I hear people say Orlando is Gaytor territory it makes me laugh. Schools in Ocala or Oviedo falls in the category. But Metro Orlando are sending kids to the best schools. Miami just have to make a effort to recruit Orlando kids. When they put in the time for a kid from Orlando. They normally get them.

Exactly, when I hear people say Orlando is Gaytor territory it makes me laugh. Schools in Ocala or Oviedo falls in the category. But Metro Orlando are sending kids to the best schools. Miami just have to make a effort to recruit Orlando kids. When they put in the time for a kid from Orlando. They normally get them.

Yes, Miami gets our fair share from Apopka and some others. And we need to keep recruiting Orlando.

But make no mistake about, the greater Orlando area (which is pretty big these days) IS gaytor country. There are more uf car tags and junk than all other schools combined. (And that’s saying something considering ucf has 50K+ kids here every year). It’s fact and it’s disgusting.

Advertisement
Back