Orlando

Advertisement
Yes, Miami gets our fair share from Apopka and some others. And we need to keep recruiting Orlando.

But make no mistake about, the greater Orlando area (which is pretty big these days) IS gaytor country. There are more uf car tags and junk than all other schools combined. (And that’s saying something considering ucf has 50K+ kids here every year). It’s fact and it’s disgusting.
All true, my stomach hurts on a daily basis, it’s so bad I actually befriend FSU fans here because they are better than UF fans

I seen Jayden Gibson play in his spring game yesterday. I was very impressed with him. Made some tough catches in traffic and wasn’t easy to bring down after the catch. I can remember at least two time it took half of Jones defense to take him down.
West Orange Lost 41-33, D needs a lot of work but little mistakes cost West Orange from winning.

Orlando hasn’t been a hot spot for the Canes in the 21st Century. The only big names I can remember are Trent Harris, Ryan Moore and John Campbell. Brandon Meriweather if you count Apopka. Not much overall.

But with South Florida down, it seems that Coach Ish and TRob are really pushing Central Florida. We are going hard after DeMario Tolan, JaCorey Thomas, Markeith Williams, Jayden Gibson, Zane Durant and Leyton Nelson.

Just something to watch as this recruiting cycle progresses.
Orlando is Gainesville south

Advertisement
Exactly, when I hear people say Orlando is Gaytor territory it makes me laugh. Schools in Ocala or Oviedo falls in the category. But Metro Orlando are sending kids to the best schools. Miami just have to make a effort to recruit Orlando kids. When they put in the time for a kid from Orlando. They normally get them.
Are u from or have u been to Orlando?? I was at the Game in 19..I felt the need to break out a new canes fit other than what I packed..went to the outlets(3 separate stops) NOTHING BUT GATOR **** and UCF..with a little bit of FSU..**** they had more UGA **** than Miami..it’s gator county up there

A lot of kids watch sports news.
Maybe HS highlights, I’m 40 and lived here for 6 going on 7 years and only local news I watch is when a hurricane is about to hit and or weather issues. Couldn’t name one sports guy in the area outside of Mike Bianchi and Scott Anez who do radio.

Advertisement
Maybe HS highlights, I’m 40 and lived here for 6 going on 7 years and only local news I watch is when a hurricane is about to hit and or weather issues. Couldn’t name one sports guy in the area outside of Mike Bianchi and Scott Anez who do radio.
LOL you are 40 and that is you...Yes some kids watch HS highlights and sports. As do some parents. Not all of course.

Since you are here you know it is Gator territory.

Watch WFTV ABC 7, they have a good sports coverage team outside of their blatant bias against Miami.

Go Canes

LOL you are 40 and that is you...Yes some kids watch HS highlights and sports. As do some parents. Not all of course.

Since you are here you know it is Gator territory.
It is but the fans I see around town aren’t exactly folks that would want me to pick Florida.. I would guess these kids are more involved in social media than local news and with social media anyone can reach these kids.

I do notice with the local media I watch I see more UCF homers.

Watch WFTV ABC 7, they have a good sports coverage team outside of their blatant bias against Miami.

Go Canes
I loved listening the the local Orlando radio shows when I moved here but I got XM radio and listen to more Canes podcasts now when I drive.

Advertisement
Let’s hope kenard Lang does at Evan’s what he was building at jones. He was doing something special and the wheels fell off, everyone wanted him to succeed up here. Evan’s sent him, an online that played a ton in coral gables, Searsy and Copeland. All during the good gator and Seminole years. We have elite talent up here. The good thing we have strong UM alum here as well.

Are u from or have u been to Orlando?? I was at the Game in 19..I felt the need to break out a new canes fit other than what I packed..went to the outlets(3 separate stops) NOTHING BUT GATOR **** and UCF..with a little bit of FSU..**** they had more UGA **** than Miami..it’s gator county up there
You are talking fanbase ( which isn’t that true) and I was talking about recruiting.

Advertisement
Lol at Orlando not Gator Country...It most certainly is.....UFs two biggest and wealthiest Boosters resides in Orlando...(John Morgan & Stumpy Harris...the latter was President of the UF Booster's for 20yrs)..Only a fool thinks Orlando isn't Gator country....and Sanford is not practically Orlando...not even close...Apopka as well....

Advertisement
Back