Opinions of the offense?

Advertisement
I HATE the cliche that the OC didn't open up the playbook - but **** it really felt that way. If you'd told me Mark "so have you guys heard of this new thing called the RPO?" Richt was back calling plays in the first half, I'd have believed you.

We saw some creativity in the third quarter - more of what I was expecting from Lashlee based on his time at SMU - but quickly shut it down again when we were up by 17.

That said, conservative / limited playbook or not - I'd love to know the reasoning behind 70% of our plays being the dive / RPO from the Shotgun. People complain that the Oline wasn't moving people, but that's bloody tough to do when you know EXACTLY where the play is designed to go 60%+ of the time!

The wide receivers need to step up. Period. Someone has got to catch these passes. D'Eriq King needs to tighten up his ball placement a bit, but WRs need to execute, too. Its not a good group, but it'll have opportunities all year.

Offensive line is improved...it had no where to go but up. My thoughts here are simple...this is going to be a Garin Justice OL. Strong in the run game...but there is a lack of talent to hold up against the pass rush.

The running backs are the stars of the show. Feed'em all game long.

I don't think we've run the ball 52 times since the forward pass was invented. If you've read my posts in the past and remember how much I pound the table for running the ball in volume...then you know I'm a happy guy. We're walking into the ACCCG if we run the ball over 40 times per game. Walking.

Advertisement
Bro, some of y’all are ridiculous. It was week one with no spring of a new offense. Our receiver room has little experience ( not a great passing night)

Nearly 500 yards, no offensive turnovers. Little penalties and 1 sack. Against a pretty good defense. if you don’t think that was a good performance for week 1 and everything going you probably don’t know football. We will have games of 300+ passing yards. But if running is working keep pounding. 1-0. On to next week

I also don't understand why Few was playing ahead of Restrepo when many individuals were raving about his performances...

Its the only game we have to evaluate LOL. You want to compare to King throwing 6 TDs against the walk-ons?
I didn't say you can't evaluate... That's different than comparing it to the full averages of last yr. You stating that Enos averaged 26 with Jarren is flat out dumb to state. That's all I'm saying.

Im not buying the "no spring practice" excuse. King is an EXPERIENCED QB not some true freshman. Lashlee's offense is supposed to easy to digest and simple to run for players. Defenses like UAB also had no spring practices, bunch of 2/3 star defenders going against our 4 stars...

Put up or shut up

Advertisement
Is this what we've wanted for almost generation? Not saying good or bad, but def. a mixed performance. Our RB's are absolutely CFB elite level. Amazing game from them. This offense still had only about 20 minutes of good football, including a total fizz out in the 4th quarter. It showed what it was capable of in that 3rd quarter, though. Mixed feelings.
Fizz out in the 4th? You do realize that was by design lol. Lashlee was just trying to kill the clock. I think we passed the ball 3 times in the 2nd half lol

DJ Ivey gotta do better than that! He still with the bullsh!t! He just scare the **** outta me back there! Couch is a good tackler I want to see him In Ivey spot! Um done with Ivey!

500 yards of offense, 340 yards rushing. UAB has a good run defense. Most of you must not have watched 2013 Auburn. This looked very similar to that style of offense.

Expect to see better passing in 10 days vs. a better opponent.
I'm not seeing the Malzahn blueprint in our running game. He calls more than the dive play / RPO. He's actually creative.

Ehhhh

we probably win two or three more games last year

But no matter what that’s not a bad start for a new offense, QB who hadn’t played in a year himself and not to mention Covid
If Borregales is our kicker last year, we definitely win two or three more games.

Advertisement
Some people owe Mark Richt an apology.
The problem has not been play calling. It’s culture.

I see confused and unmotivated players on both sides of the ball.

King is the biggest player not from last season and it shows.

Mark **** yall please stop hyping it and I know this offense but DJ Ivey need to be on the bench just play christian williams at this point

Advertisement
I didn't say you can't evaluate... That's different than comparing it to the full averages of last yr. You stating that Enos averaged 26 with Jarren is flat out dumb to state. That's all I'm saying.

Fine, agree to disagree. Its not a perfect comparison by any means. Feel free to compare to other games/seasons if you want but bottom line that offense was not impressive at all (aside from King's improvising with his legs Michael Vick like)

Some people owe Mark Richt an apology.
The problem has not been play calling. It’s culture.

I see confused and unmotivated players on both sides of the ball.

King is the biggest player not from last season and it shows.

Richt saw it and got the **** outta town tired of tryna motivate these kids

Advertisement
Back