Opinions of the offense?

Fizz out in the 4th? You do realize that was by design lol. Lashlee was just trying to kill the clock. I think we passed the ball 3 times in the 2nd half lol
That strategy started with 15 minutes to go in the quarter? Yeah, better put that offense back in the garage before it scores too much.

Advertisement
Fine, agree to disagree. Its not a perfect comparison by any means. Feel free to compare to other games/seasons if you want but bottom line that offense was not impressive at all (aside from King's improvising with his legs Michael Vick like)
And the RBs playing great also. Remember, we do have 2 freshmen back there.

Did enough to win, with hello from the other team

Ran the ball a lot more than I thought we would but maybe because we have so many horses back there or because King needs to get some rust off.

Defense still isn't where it needs to be and Ivey will give me nightmares... Maybe it's first game back, we'll see.

I'll take the win over a good G5 team, this isn't FAMU here guys. But, for all the new moving parts we had to test, I'll take this game as the floor this season and be happy.

I’ll take it for the 1st game. Fun offense. I’m more worried about our Defensive play calling.

Advertisement
That strategy started with 15 minutes to go in the quarter? Yeah, better put that offense back in the garage before it scores too much.
Yes... You couldn't tell with the 3 straight runs for like the last 4 drives lol. I think we passed the ball only 3 times in the 2nd half

We need to recruit 10 SPEED WR or get tranfers or something.. We have no impact guy who can make plays outside.. The biggest plays they made was fighting with the opponent bench..

We should of got Stevenson to transfer

I expect to watch most of the board complain about 500 yards of offense for the next ten days.
I think it’s how the 500 yrds came. A good chunk of that 500 came off of broken plays & missed tackles in which we are a superior team. We were still in a dog fight w a G5 team. If we didn’t have King, we either win by 3 or just lose. My man was Houdini out there escaping pressure.

Furthermore, UAB QB was ***, & threw like a little girl. Go back & look at how open their WRs were, including some dropping easy passes. We need work; w/ the lack of practices allotted, along w a new offensive concept & pieces, we did well under the circumstances. I’ll be more interested to see how we regroup against better comp; but I’ll take a W any time.

Advertisement
Check out the smu box score for lashlee first game. I’ll save you a few minutes. 27 points scored in a loss to North Texas. It will take time for this think to be completely rolling. It’ll get there. It was evident tonight of the potential. Take a xan and chill

Bro, some of y’all are ridiculous. It was week one with no spring of a new offense. Our receiver room has little experience ( not a great passing night)

Nearly 500 yards, no offensive turnovers. Little penalties and 1 sack. Against a pretty good defense. if you don’t think that was a good performance for week 1 and everything going you probably don’t know football. We will have games of 300+ passing yards. But if running is working keep pounding. 1-0. On to next week
Bro our starting WR our 1 sr and 2 juniors.. How much Experience before you say hey they just dont have it.. Jags..

Yes... You couldn't tell with the 3 straight runs for like the last 4 drives lol. I think we passed the ball only 3 times in the 2nd half
Yes, you and I are talking about the same thing. I know that. You're lol-ing is implying that you, what, think running out the clock for the entire quarter was good or something or an acceptable strategy?

This was basically no frills vanilla offense. 1st game of the season against non ACC I have zero issues with it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Bro our starting WR our 1 sr and 2 juniors.. How much Experience before you say hey they just dont have it.. Jags..
How many careers starts do they have? Or carreer yards? How many times have those guys started and played the whole game?

there’s a big difference. Not doubt they gotta step up now and do better. But potential is there.

Yes, you and I are talking about the same thing. I know that. You're lol-ing is implying that you, what, think that 4th quarter was good or something or an acceptable strategy?
As a fan wanting to see Miami run up the score I think it was a Terrible strategy. As a rationally thinking person then it was smart. ACC play starts next week, before tonight our conference Opponents have zero film on the offense! If you can be Vanilla/Conservative while getting an easy win then you do it. It's going to make things extremely difficult to game plan against us.

Advertisement
Ice Cream Turn Around Doctor GIF by Dr. Donna Thomas Rodgers

Agree RB's looked very good overall. Good enough to win ACC. But the WR's? Downright awful
That... I kinda agree. BUT King did miss some easy deep throws. Harley had his man beat on at least 2 of them that would have most likely been TDs

How many careers starts do they have? Or carreer yards? How many times have those guys started and played the whole game?

there’s a big difference. Not doubt they gotta step up now and do better. But potential is there.
They are not good, I wouldnt expect them to have alot. Buffalo players can walk in first day and take their lunch.. These boys have to step up at some point.. If you a senior and you still cant make plays bruhhh.. Potential?! Cmon

Advertisement
Back