Opinions of the offense?

prg3Kane

Sophomore
Is this what we've wanted for almost generation? Not saying good or bad, but def. a mixed performance. Our RB's are absolutely CFB elite level. Amazing game from them. This offense still had only about 20 minutes of good football, including a total fizz out in the 4th quarter. It showed what it was capable of in that 3rd quarter, though. Mixed feelings.

Advertisement
1599795329025.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
Too soon for me to judge. But we’ll need to be better next weekend versus Louisville. I did like the OL blocking and the RB’s doing a ton of damage on the ground tho

Advertisement
This will be the offense. King really wont be asked to throw more than 25 to 30 times.

I hate to throw in a tired trope, but it was pretty clear Lashlee was holding back w the play calling.

What impressed me was the organization. No one really looked lost out there. Not sure we got a false start penalty.

Honestly, I'm more worried about the defense.

Advertisement
Too soon to judge but here are my thoughts:

Concerns:

- WR. Dee is the only dependable guy we have. Pope is who he is and Harley is barely serviceable. What else? You'll see a lot of drop backs with King having nobody to throw to b/c our guys can't get open

Pluses:

- Harris/Knighton/Chaney
- King
- Jordan/Mallory are still big pluses

Unsure/too early:

- OL: they looked shaky at times but there weren't a lot of bad beats iirc. Most of the beats came from extra rushers/lack of communication. I didn't watch super closely but that was my perception. I think we are loads better than last year.

Overestimated our o line and depended on the run too much. King isn’t a true passer. He needs to get into the game with short passes, and Lashlee didn’t do that for him until the 3rd quarter.

it's the first game people. Give the guys and coaches a LITTLE BIT of time to settle in, have some real time, in game experience, etc.

Ran for 300+ yards
Scored 30+ points
Didnt turn the ball over

those are all huge pluses and it was against a very solid UAB squad that could win their conference.

Advertisement
Back