OOS Recruiting: Looking Westward to Texas

@RVACane

There is no battle, only him being in his soft *** feelings because he implied something. Right here it’s says that high level programs take prospects that need to be developed all the time and then he spent the last three pages proving the very thing that I said and nothing on how most of these prospects down here are undersized and undercoached which everybody on here already knows to be true. It says it right here.

“SFL is filled with projects after the top 50 or so in the state and even though high level programs take kids that needs to be developed all the time, they don’t take 3 year projects.”

And then he spends the next three pages bringing up the very players that fit this very mold and then wants to beat his chest yelling that he’s right. This little infant can go **** himself.
I am not here to judge or take sides - simply to promote the Coach vs Fan series on CIS.

Advertisement
@RVACane

There is no battle, only him being in his soft *** feelings because he implied something. Right here it’s says that high level programs take prospects that need to be developed all the time and then he spent the last three pages proving the very thing that I said and nothing on how most of these prospects down here are undersized and undercoached which everybody on here already knows to be true. It says it right here.

“SFL is filled with projects after the top 50 or so in the state and even though high level programs take kids that needs to be developed all the time, they don’t take 3 year projects.”

And then he spends the next three pages bringing up the very players that fit this very mold and then wants to beat his chest yelling that he’s right. This little infant can go **** himself.

AND I RESPONDED BY LISTING 3-STAR KIDS WHO WEREN'T/AREN'T 3 YEAR PROJECTS!

WTF?
Bro how do function daily?!

AND I RESPONDED BY LISTING 3-STAR KIDS WHO WEREN'T/AREN'T 3 YEAR PROJECTS!

WTF?
Bro how do function daily?!
Proving the point that says...

”even though high level programs take kids that needs to be developed all the time”

So how are you proving anything when I acknowledged that high level programs take kids like Greg Rousseau and Damon Arnette all the time?

I don’t think I’m the one that has to worry about how to function daily...

Proving the point that says...

”even though high level programs take kids that needs to be developed all the time”

So how are you proving anything when I acknowledged that high level programs take kids like Greg Rousseau and Damon Arnette all the time?

I don’t think I’m the one that has to worry about how to function daily...

My God. 😣

Stop with this proper coaching skit. It doesn’t matter how good your coaching is when the kid is 150 pounds soaking wet and is at least 3 years away in a good weight training program. Not only are this kids soft but they don’t carry NFL/P5 frames anymore. SFL is filled with projects after the top 50 or so in the state and even though high level programs take kids that need to developed all the time, they don’t take 3 year projects.

☝🏻That was your response to my post about signing local 3-star kids to help us get to the ACCC game.
WAS IT NOT?

You said coaching doesn't matter when the kids are "150lb soaking wet 3 year projects"... DID YOU NOT?

You said they're soft and don't have P5 frames...DID YOU NOT?

(YES YOU DID)

So my response was listing several 3-star lower ranked kids that contributed early at P5 programs and were not "3 year projects".

Your response was "WELL THOSE KIDS HAD THE FRAMES."

WELL NO ****...THOSE ARE THE 3-STAR KIDS I'M REFERRING TO!

Advertisement
My God. 😣

☝🏻That was your response to my post about signing local 3-star kids to help us get to the ACCC game.
WAS IT NOT?

You said coaching doesn't matter when the kids are "150lb soaking wet 3 year projects"... DID YOU NOT?

You said they're soft and don't have P5 frames...DID YOU NOT?

(YES YOU DID)

So my response was listing several 3-star lower ranked kids that contributed early at P5 programs and were not "3 year projects".

Your response (after realizing your original statement was silly) was "WELL THOSE KIDS HAD THE FRAMES."

WELL NO ****...THOSE ARE THE 3-STAR KIDS I'M REFERRING TO!
So like I said before, you took a metaphor seriously? Like every kid down here is 5’9 150? And because of that you don’t acknowledge the ENTIRE BOTTOM OF THE ORIGINAL POST? Where it says “SFL is filled with projects after the top 50 or so in the state and even though high level programs take kids that need to developed all the time” Like Greg Rousseau, Damon Arnett, Steve Ishmael, Randall St. Felix, etc...the same players you tried to bring up but I already acknowledged?

they don’t take 3 year projects. Like we do? Like Terrence Henley? Charles Perry?, Nigel Bethel? Terry McCray? Etc...like the way we fill our roster?

but you “implied” that I was talking about every single last 3* kid even though I didn’t even imply it?

Last edited:
We're not getting 5 star south florida kids but we'll somehow walk into texas and sign their 5 star kids? I'm not getting that logic.

We need to expand our recruiting footprint but that doesn't mean just start chasing three star players from out of state. Despite what superfans might think, Miami has recruited about as well locally as could be expected considering they're a seven win team year in year out. Yeah the absolute cream of the crop guys aren't interested. Why should they be? Miami has sucked for their entire lifetime. Start putting together some decent seasons and all of the sudden the area's top players will pay attention again. The talent they have been getting is more than good enough to be a consistent 10 game winner and pretty much dominate the coastal division. The X's and O's coaching has failed these kids. I'm not of the opinion that Miami NEEDS to have top 5 recruiting classes to win more than 7 games in the garbage ACC. These 15-25 ranked classes they consistently pull are miles above the rest of the division.

So you took a metaphor seriously? Like every kid down here is 5’9 150? And because of that you don’t acknowledge the ENTIRE BOTTOM OF THE ORIGINAL POST? Where it says “SFL is filled with projects after the top 50 or so in the state and even though high level programs take kids that need to developed all the time” Like Greg Rousseau, Damon Arnett, Steve Ishmael, Randall St. Felix, etc...the same players you tried to bring up but I already acknowledged?

they don’t take 3 year projects. Like we do? Like Terrence Henley? Charles Perry?, Nigel Bethel? Terry McCray? Etc...like the way we fill our roster?

but you “implied” that I was talking about every single last 3* kid even though I didn’t even imply it?

So if you're not talking about every 3-star kid, why try to contradict my original post about recruiting local 3-stars?

Obviously I wasn't talking about recruiting the 3 year projects, I was talking about recruiting the Arnettes and Moreaus.

So if you're not talking about every 3-star kid, why try to contradict my original post about recruiting local 3-stars?

Obviously I wasn't talking about recruiting the 3 year projects, I was talking about recruiting the Arnettes and Moreaus.
I’m not contradicting you. I’m a hurricanes fan, We’re too busy telling Quincy Wilson that he’s a safety and taking Terrence Henley.

Plus we’re too busy trying to find Greg Rousseau’s and Damon Arnette’s that we lose kids from everywhere else because we prioritize here. We take or want Latrell Williams over Kelvin Harmon or Quintez Cephus, Robert Burns and Darrian Felix over Chuba Hubbard, Kai Lon Herbert over Thayer Munford, etc because we over prioritize this area and we do little work outside of here. I’m not saying SFL isn’t a priority because that’s nuts. That’s like saying UGA shouldn’t recruit the Atlanta area and Clemson shouldn’t the Carolinas but you constantly see them outside of their very talented areas to find talent all the time. Clemson’s best frickin player last year was a 3* kid from Kansas and we got a kid thats a legacy named Chase Smith up in Palm Bay that even though that kind of elite athlete, he’ll be able to do the same type of thing and we haven’t even heard a word about him. That’s the issues I have with this. A kid that’s obviously got skills has to play second fiddle to everybody down here because he’s from central FL, not even from another state.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I don't think anyone has argued we're going to walk into TX & start snatching up 5-stars, I know I certainly haven't.

But somehow this whole thing has devolved into argument about well we can't get any OOS kids to come to Miami so we need to just load up on local 3-stars & hope & wish they end up like Rousseau, that's kinda ridiculous if you ask me.

Here's the point, there are a ton of talented players around the country, a high concentration of them happen to be in TX, so why don't we try to get some of them as opposed to being played & decommitted to death by kids who live 15 minutes away from campus who prefer to play in Bama, LSU, Oh St, UF & TAMU...

This is now a ****ing contest between which HS football is better, which is dumb IMO. I wouldn't give AF if it was Alaska, if they had a shìt ton of good football players then I'd be on here screaming "we need to hit up Anchorage!" Lol.

Every program recruits nationally. LSU, Oh St, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah & TAMU, all of'em even FSU & UF recruit nationally, so why shouldn't we? Distance is not an issue IMO, Minnesota has 9 OOS players in their current #6 ranked 21 class, Clemson doesn't have one player from South Carolina in their current class & last year only had 1.

How on Earth did we ever manage to sign Brevin Jordan if he's not from FL? How did we sign Daz Worsham & Keyshawn Smith? How did we get Christian Williams & Isaiah Dunson? How did we get Blissett, Holley & Harrison-Hunte or Quentin Williams? How did we convince King to transfer here instead of going to a Big XII team, same for Jaelan Phillips?

The point being, what's so bad about trying to get good players from around the country? It seems like yall are basically saying, "Give me South Fla 3-stars or give me Death!" Lol. Like is there anyway to really quantify the quality of a 3-star from FL vs a 3-star from anywhere else? There's 3-stars from all over the country who played great ball in college & in the NFL, why are people so against getting good players just because they're not from Florida?

Here’s the thing - some kids in Texas still (amazingly) think Miami is something special. I’m not convinced many kids in South Florida still do. Seems like a lot of them treat UM like a joke. So yeah... in some ways I do think we have better odds over here.

Every program recruits nationally. LSU, Oh St, UGA, Bama, Auburn, Oklahoma, Oregon, Utah & TAMU, all of'em even FSU & UF recruit nationally, so why shouldn't we?

This is the problem right here. We can’t compare ourselves to LSU, Ohio State and Bama. Those teams have the cache to recruit studs nationally. We don’t. And my evidence is the fact that our non-local signees (which outnumber our local kids) have been pretty mediocre for a decade.

How on Earth did we ever manage to sign Brevin Jordan if he's not from FL? How did we sign Daz Worsham & Keyshawn Smith? How did we get Christian Williams & Isaiah Dunson?

We signed Brevin because we have a legit selling point with TEs. That should be a national position. It’s a lot harder everywhere else. That’s why a lot of the national four stars we get (like Daz) were dropped by local schools for one reason or another.

Guys like Jeff Thomas, Storm Johnson and Latwan Anderson helped our recruiting rankings. But there was a reason they were available.

We should be trying to get good players from everywhere. There are way more good players outside of South Florida than in it. But the reality is it’s harder to get good players from elsewhere when you are 6-7. That’s why our local kids are ranked higher and play better.

The idea that kids from outside South Florida have more respect for the brand sounds great, but there is no actual evidence to back it up. In fact, the evidence says the opposite. It’s an argument driven by emotion.

And to be clear, I’m all for signing sleepers with traits from out of state. I sent Braxton Berrios and Poona Ford to the staff, and was all over my contacts to offer James Pogorelc last year (he blew up and signed with Stanford).

But I can’t get behind an emotional argument to drastically change our recruiting philosophy just because some local blue-chips treated us the same way national blue-chips treat us.

Advertisement
I haven't been around recruiting four a minute, butt I bet it's largely the same now, or worse. Many, if knot most, top recruits across da country are driven by the bag game. The bag game comes in many forms. It may diminish four a minute with the shutdown and coming hard economic times, but it never goes away.

Here’s the thing - some kids in Texas still (amazingly) think Miami is something special. I’m not convinced many kids in South Florida still do. Seems like a lot of them treat UM like a joke. So yeah... in some ways I do think we have better odds over here.
I have a feeling that the 5 star Texas players with offers from Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson feel the same way about a UM offer that the 5 star kids from Florida with offers from Alabama, Ohio State and Clemson feel. "Yeah, that's nice. Thanks but no thanks". 5 star south Florida kids aren't interested in Miami for the same reason a 5 star Texas kid isn't interested in Miami. Miami is a 2nd level program and thus is more appealing to 2nd level recruits. If Manny or ANY other coach can somehow string together two or three double digit win seasons and the big name local kids keep ignoring us, I'll eat crow and go all in on chasing OOS stars.

WTF are you talkin' about?! How does that prove your point?
I just named a bunch of kids that contributed early at P5 schools! LOL
Every one of them contributed or started by their RS Freshman year.

And Kervins signed with UCF because he's only been in this country 5 years, is close to his mom and wasn't feeling the atmosphere at Tennessee or Kentucky. He didn't sign with UCF because that was his only option. He hasn't even started his Freshman year yet and he's already 277. He'll be ready to hit the field after 2 wing sessions with me at Bru's Room. He's THAT close. The **** are you talkin' about?!

Bruh you talk like you know details. You don't know ****.

Kervens has a frame to be a swole *** 300.
Last summer when i saw him and he was getting into it with my guys he was a big summabich

Advertisement
Kervens has a frame to be a swole *** 300.
Last summer when i saw him and he was getting into it with my guys he was a big summabich

Bro you should see him right now. He managed to gain 15+ pounds while losing body fat. He looks phenomenal. He's a poor Hatian kid so this is the first time he's had access to unlimited/quality food. UCF coaches say all he does is eat. LOL
He's a dawg too, just really raw. But like you said, he'll be a good looking 290-300.

Bro you should see him right now. He managed to gain 15+ pounds while losing body fat. He looks phenomenal. He's a poor Hatian kid so this is the first time he's had access to unlimited/quality food. UCF coaches say all he does is eat. LOL
He's a dawg too, just really raw. But like you said, he'll be a good looking 290-300.

I EXPECTED THAT. He is a steal for ucf moving forward.

The point being, what's so bad about trying to get good players from around the country? It seems like yall are basically saying, "Give me South Fla 3-stars or give me Death!" Lol. Like is there anyway to really quantify the quality of a 3-star from FL vs a 3-star from anywhere else? There's 3-stars from all over the country who played great ball in college & in the NFL, why are people so against getting good players just because they're not from Florida?

1. Easier to evaluate a 3-star in South Florida. It's our neighborhood. We can watch him play live any time we want. ****, we can go talk to his barber if we want to.

2. Signing out-of-state 3-star kids over local 3-star kids is not a good look IMO. Not good for relationships, especially if that South FLA 3-star goes somewhere else and excels. Miami coaches look like clueless bums when that happens. It creates animosity between local players and coaches. It's hard for local players/coaches to get behind your program when you're passing up local studs and signing 3-star kids from out of town.

And @DMoney touched on this days ago.

There's a list of out-of-town 3-stars that we signed over the years who didn't amount to anything. You can go down that list and compile your own list of SOUTH FLORIDA 3-stars that we should've recruited during that same period who DID amount to something.

In hindsight we should've signed those South Florida kids but the coaches HAVE done what yall want them to do, and it hasn't worked out.

Who are some of the kids from out-of-state that actually contributed here?
For every one, I bet you could name a local kid that turned out better.

Advertisement
Back