On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
People in the building feel Jacurri is generational talent. Difference maker who wants to work on his craft and redshirt this year. It’s his team in 24 by all accounts
I really hope they have him working with an elite throwing coach because he appears to have everything you want in a program QB, tangible and intangible

I really hope they have him working with an elite throwing coach because he appears to have everything you want in a program QB, tangible and intangible
Seems so smart and mature. I’m in two boats, one where I want him to succeed more than most players, but also fairly skeptical he’s ever a good starting QB

Advertisement
This is a silly, semantic argument. The depth chart speaks for itself.

Even assuming QB1 to start the Spring is promised, if that transfer doesn't produce and another QB on the roster is discernibly better, the transfer isn't going to keep the job for long. Any job that can be "given" is a job that can be "taken away". A promise to start assumes the reciprocal promise from the player to earn it every day.

Regardless, so long as Dawson has this offense looking good and exciting this season, I expect UM will bring in a starting-caliber QB via the portal (by any means necessary).

People reporting were excited he could hit the practice net… and then he sucked out loud in the spring game against what is reported to be half our actual defense…

TVD has also been reported to not have been that great this Spring…

A lot needs to go right between now and the season at that position. Good thing Emory seems hungry and talented… we may need him if TVD keeps going full Jarren at times…

not accurate.

Advertisement
not accurate.

Depends on who you listen to… at least one insider was not as high on him as others…

We’ve had about 1 good QB since Dorsey, yet 20 years of CIS-type reports about having our next good QB…

Color me cautiously optimistic re: TVD…

every big time transfer QB is handed the starting job in their recruiting process. its not a shocker lol. caleb williams was handed the starting job at USC the moment riley took the job
I would have given D'Eriq King the QB job while doing a tick-tock dance if I was Rhett Lashlee in 2020. He was definitely not coming to "compete" with N'Kosi Perry and Payton Matocha.

Advertisement
People reporting were excited he could hit the practice net… and then he sucked out loud in the spring game against what is reported to be half our actual defense…

TVD has also been reported to not have been that great this Spring…

A lot needs to go right between now and the season at that position. Good thing Emory seems hungry and talented… we may need him if TVD keeps going full Jarren at times…
ALOT of time to get better!

People in the building feel Jacurri is generational talent. Difference maker who wants to work on his craft and redshirt this year. It’s his team in 24 by all accounts
I love JB and hope he makes it as a big time QB. Glad he seems to be willing to put in the time and effort. Should be an interesting next couple of years at QB.

This is a silly, semantic argument. The depth chart speaks for itself.

Even assuming QB1 to start the Spring is promised, if that transfer doesn't produce and another QB on the roster is discernibly better, the transfer isn't going to keep the job for long. Any job that can be "given" is a job that can be "taken away". A promise to start assumes the reciprocal promise from the player to earn it every day.

Regardless, so long as Dawson has this offense looking good and exciting this season, I expect UM will bring in a starting-caliber QB via the portal (by any means necessary).

Exactly. We honestly haven't had a real QB competition since pre Kyle Wright, unless you want to count Rosier v Perry v Williams a "competition". I'm sure Tate Martell was promised first crack when he transferred from Ohio State, only to crash and burn during practice.

And as for there were "only 2 quality QBs" in the portal, let's acknowledge that the portal doesn't work that way. If we need a QB next season, you can bet your *** that any decent QB in Div 1 will ALL know about it and that there will be a back-channel conversation going through their dads, moms, "uncles", coaches, friends, NIL advisors/agents, etc. long before they put their name in the portal.

Advertisement
I hate that term being used so loosely bc generational talent doesn’t require 2 redshirt years, not when the competition is loaded with non-generational talent.

A QB needs to be accurate. A QB needs to see things. Let’s start with that and label him a physically gifted player with a high ceiling but low floor, which is why they want to bring him along slowly to maximize that ceiling.

Advertisement
Back