On Judd Anderson

View as article
I’m gonna stay positive on the kid but let’s be real. If he possesses elite traits and simply needs more seasoning and development, then he would have made noise during the Elite 11 regional competition. He didn’t. He never received an invite and therefore is not one of the 20 participants. An Elite 11 invite is not a guarantee of success but there are mulitple QB scouts who attend these regional events and they did not feel Anderson was good enough. By contrast, Emory was also considered a work-in-progress last year, yet was good enough to receive an invite and performed admirably at the Elite 11 Finals.

Note: In fairness to the kid, I will add “not good enough at this stage of his development.”

Anderson might turn out to be amazing but right now he is a project and not making it easy for us to recruit 4 and 5 star talent at the WR position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m gonna stay positive on the kid but let’s be real. If he possesses elite traits and simply needs more seasoning and development, then he would have made noise during the Elite 11 regional competition. He didn’t. He never received an invite and therefore is not one of the 20 participants. An Elite 11 invite is not a guarantee of success but there are mulitple QB scouts who attend these regional events and they did not feel Anderson was good enough. By contrast, Emory was also considered a work-in-progress last year, yet was good enough to receive an invite and performed admirably at the Elite 11 Finals.

Note: In fairness to the kid, I will add “not good enough at this stage of his development.”

Anderson might turn out to be amazing but right now he is a project and not making it easy for us to recruit 4 and 5 star talent at the WR position.whic
which is why, imo, JB and/or Emory needs to show something on the field this season. Let recruits see what's already in the room... If Mario adds a big name transfer in December, great. But right now, after TVD, it's a big dark hole....

Advertisement

Anderson might turn out to be amazing but right now he is a project and not making it easy for us to recruit 4 and 5 star talent at the WR position.
I think what you are saying is fair....but man if you go back and look at the rosters of the elite 11, its a who's who of who the **** are these guys. Yea there are the 1-2 elite guys that make it to the nfl and then there are 10 guys that you can't even recognize. And every year, we find guys that are killing it in CFB and we have no idea where they came from. Lets hope Judd is the later. Plus the dude is all in and recruiting his *** off. Hopefully he makes it.

I think what you are saying is fair....but man if you go back and look at the rosters of the elite 11, its a who's who of who the **** are these guys. Yea there are the 1-2 elite guys that make it to the nfl and then there are 10 guys that you can't even recognize. And every year, we find guys that are killing it in CFB and we have no idea where they came from. Lets hope Judd is the later. Plus the dude is all in and recruiting his *** off. Hopefully he makes it.

As with anything else, it is hard to project HS juniors and "NFL draft". Having said that, there is a 30% (64 out of 210) draft factor over the first 18 years of Elite 11. Plus, quite a few of the "undrafted" Elite 11 guys have done well in college and/or made it to an NFL roster.

1999 - 2/11 drafted into the NFL
2000 - 8/12 drafted
2001 - 4/12 drafted
2002 - 3/12 drafted
2003 - 3/12 drafted
2004 - 2/12 drafted
2005 - 4/12 drafted
2006 - 2/12 drafted
2007 - 6/12 drafted
2008 - 7/12 drafted
2009 - 1/12 drafted
2010 - 3/12 drafted
2011 - 2/11 drafted
2012 - 3/11 drafted
2013 - 3/11 drafted
2014 - 4/11 drafted
2015 - 2/11 drafted
2016 - 5/12 drafted

which is why, imo, JB and/or Emory needs to show something on the field this season. Let recruits see what's already in the room... If Mario adds a big name transfer in December, great. But right now, after TVD, it's a big dark hole....
Honestly we all assume tvd is gone after this year
Two big years gets him into first round
Just one I doubt it bc he doesn’t have elite traits
He needs to be like Pickett
And play as long as he can so he can get into first round
Huge difference for qbs for being 1st round

Advertisement
Honestly we all assume tvd is gone after this year
Two big years gets him into first round
Just one I doubt it bc he doesn’t have elite traits
He needs to be like Pickett
And play as long as he can so he can get into first round
Huge difference for qbs for being 1st round
Don't think you need to assume that he said this is his last year. He seems to be ready to leave. I'm cool with it though, if he succeeds miami most likely succeeded. But he doesn't seem like the type, I'm staying another year to get miami back on the map.

With nil he’s gonna make good money don’t understand why not maximizing your chance at first round
After his fifth year of ball no one thought picket was first round
And in his sixth year he balls out and makes first round
That changes his life financially forever

@DMoney from the 6/20 Bank
The staff loves QB Judd Anderson (Gray, GA) and his performance at a recent Georgia 7on7 only cemented that evaluation. He threw the ball all over the field and won the championship, drawing the attention of several other P5 schools. He appears to be secure in his commitment. Due to numbers, Miami has always told Judd that they are pursuing an additional QB in high school or in the transfer market.

Advertisement
Show something in garbage time? If either of those guys are playing meaningful football this year we’re in trouble. TVD’s success will be proof of concept here

Show something in garbage time? If either of those guys are playing meaningful football this year we’re in trouble. TVD’s success will be proof of concept here
Still it is very important that Williams get as many live fire snaps as possible. Live game action really helps ramp up the learning curve with the speed of D1 vs HS. And yes ... a good showing in mop up duty will help.

Advertisement
Still it is very important that Williams get as many live fire snaps as possible. Live game action really helps ramp up the learning curve with the speed of D1 vs HS. And yes ... a good showing in mop up duty will help.
Unless this team is just a lot better than we expect, there’s not gonna be too much opportunity for him to play.

For those who hope Mario is going to recruit over Judd Anderson (or bring in a 2nd HS QB) :

Anderson says his understanding is he will be the only QB in the class. “I’m their guy,” he said. And he says the message he got from Mario Cristobal is that “He said he’s getting me around some studs. He’s such an amazing guy, I love being around him.”

He also enjoyed spending extensive time with OC Shannon Dawson:

“He said his offense is made for a big, tall quarterback who likes to throw the ball around, and that’s how I think of myself,” Anderson, who is 6-foot-7, said. “We cut up some spring game film, got into it. He showed me different ways I can fit in to the offense.”

For those who hope Mario is going to recruit over Judd Anderson (or bring in a 2nd HS QB) :

Anderson says his understanding is he will be the only QB in the class. “I’m their guy,” he said. And he says the message he got from Mario Cristobal is that “He said he’s getting me around some studs. He’s such an amazing guy, I love being around him.”

He also enjoyed spending extensive time with OC Shannon Dawson:

“He said his offense is made for a big, tall quarterback who likes to throw the ball around, and that’s how I think of myself,” Anderson, who is 6-foot-7, said. “We cut up some spring game film, got into it. He showed me different ways I can fit in to the offense.”

Would love a deeper look into this.

Advertisement
Back