On Judd Anderson

View as article
I would expect them to as well.

But lets say we landed the equivalent of the dude from NC State. Or a QB that has killed it in an Air Raid, like Armstrong from UVA.

Those guys wouldn’t be coming here to battle for the QB position. You’re telling Leary the job is his, or he’s going to Kentucky.

No one is ever, ever telling a kid that the job is his. Ever. Period. You tell them there is a great opportunity to compete to be QB1. They can look at your roster and see the forest through the trees and know that if they work hard and learn the offense they will beat what you have. But you don't hand out jobs on zoom calls at the university of Miami, they are won on greentree.

Advertisement
I’ve heard both. Which is awesome! We need a true competition next year. It’s fair to say Emory is a better passer but Jacurri’s athleticism is X-Factor and he was much improved as a passer. It sucks that he had his worst practice at the spring game. That doesn’t negate multiple 50+ yard runs. 4TD’s in the second scrimmage.

the great thing about Jacurri and Emory is that they both have elite intangibles. They’re grinders and that helps everyone.
Playing time this season is critical for somebody to take that next step. Nothing like live fire reps for a player to take it up a notch (or crash and burn). If they are planning on redshirting Jacurri there has to be an all hands on deck effort to get Emory ready in case TVD gets dinged up. By Spring practice, if Emory is the backup and gets some game experience, he might be too far ahead of Jacurri for him to ever catch up.

Playing time this season is critical for somebody to take that next step. Nothing like live fire reps for a player to take it up a notch (or crash and burn). If they are planning on redshirting Jacurri there has to be an all hands on deck effort to get Emory ready in case TVD gets dinged up. By Spring practice, if Emory is the backup and gets some game experience, he might be too far ahead of Jacurri for him to ever catch up.
JB can play in 4 games so he can still get that work. We probably won’t have the luxury of playing backups in garbage time. Outside if Bethune who are we blowing out to allow for that? Let’s hope we aren’t getting crushed lol Pray Tyler stays healthy. 4 games is more than enough for the backup. Emory and JB are redshirting if health allows.

I see all this talk about getting a transfer qb next year, but there’s one problem. Just look at this years qb transfers. The only 2 qbs worth having this year were Hartman and Leary. After that you have a bunch of question marks with DJ U from Clemson being the most talented of the rest.

How many top teams are gonna be doing the same thing we are next year and essentially fighting for 3 or 4 decent qbs. If we miss are we just gonna bring in a body who may not be as good as the guys we already have?

I see all this talk about getting a transfer qb next year, but there’s one problem. Just look at this years qb transfers. The only 2 qbs worth having this year were Hartman and Leary. After that you have a bunch of question marks with DJ U from Clemson being the most talented of the rest.

How many top teams are gonna be doing the same thing we are next year and essentially fighting for 3 or 4 decent qbs. If we miss are we just gonna bring in a body who may not be as good as the guys we already have?
I think the approach would be to take a starter who put up good numbers in a prolific offense at lower level team. Let him come and compete for an open spot and opportunity to showcase his skill set against better competition.

Advertisement

THIS.

Idk why some people on here think its so simple. Even IF a top name enters the portal, and IF there's mutual interest, we still have to hold off EVERY other team that needs a QB. It's not automatic. Its recruiting with our backs against the wall.

Next year's schedule is not an easy one. We miss out on this hypothetical portal god and we're ****ed. Going into year 3, facing that schedule, with all our hopes hanging on someone who might not even enter the portal, is risky to say the least. He ***** the bed in year 3 (after already doing it in year 1) because we still don't have a QB, and Mario is in trouble.

No one is ever, ever telling a kid that the job is his. Ever. Period. You tell them there is a great opportunity to compete to be QB1. They can look at your roster and see the forest through the trees and know that if they work hard and learn the offense they will beat what you have. But you don't hand out jobs on zoom calls at the university of Miami, they are won on greentree.
D'eriq King was handed the job via zoom call

If fans saw the scrimmage before the spring game people wouldn’t be making comments like this. Everyone I know who was there told me Jacurri went off. JB is the future. Emory will have to be exceptional to pass him up. People forget Anthony Richardson just went 4th overall. JB is a freak and if he is an average passer whe will be an elite college qb.
This!!! A couple of people I trust from So. Fla, told me the same thing about the scrimmage. But as fans, we only go by, what we see.

Advertisement

Nobody said it is easy. Just look at how difficult it was for Miami to land portal WR's. This is where Dawson, Mario and Alonzo are going to have to do a lot of work. They will need to either add a portal QB or add another one to the 2024 class. We shouldn't go into the 2024 season with only Emory and Jacurri with Judd as the new arrival. In case that does happen however both Emory and JB need to get reps this season to help their growth and development.

By the end of November both Emory Williams and Jacurri Brown could very well have shown us who the starter will be in 2024. From all accounts they were both really lighting it up in Spring practice.

Advertisement
People in the building feel Jacurri is generational talent. Difference maker who wants to work on his craft and redshirt this year. It’s his team in 24 by all accounts

People reporting were excited he could hit the practice net… and then he sucked out loud in the spring game against what is reported to be half our actual defense…

TVD has also been reported to not have been that great this Spring…

A lot needs to go right between now and the season at that position. Good thing Emory seems hungry and talented… we may need him if TVD keeps going full Jarren at times…

I'd go all in on Murphy from Texas. He'll be transferring in all likelihood; Sark has basically said that the job is Manning's in the future.

Advertisement
I personally hope Brown or Emory steps up to the plate next year and thrives as a starter... buttttt

if not, then Dawson and Highsmith need to tracking every high octane lesser conference to find a stud for this system that would want to get on a bigger stage with UM.

I'd go all in on Murphy from Texas. He'll be transferring in all likelihood; Sark has basically said that the job is Manning's in the future.

Murphy’s a stud, but it was reported that multiple SEC teams were already backchanneling to try to lure him into the portal after seeing his spring game and knowing the QB situation at Texas.

If Murphy ends up portaling out next offseason due to politics, he’ll have every top program after him and he’ll be able to name his price even if he doesn’t play a snap this year. There’s going to be an inevitable bidding war to land him if he leaves UT.

Advertisement
Back