On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
maybe it's a reflection of how they feel Emory Williams is coming along. And also JB. They seems to be working a big board of guys for 2025
Would make sense for Emory. Less so the "throw the ball around" part for JB, at least until he rectifies those accuracy issues. I'm not sure what it means for an offense to necessarily have a "big tall QB who likes to throw the ball around."

For those who hope Mario is going to recruit over Judd Anderson (or bring in a 2nd HS QB) :

Anderson says his understanding is he will be the only QB in the class. “I’m their guy,” he said. And he says the message he got from Mario Cristobal is that “He said he’s getting me around some studs. He’s such an amazing guy, I love being around him.”

He also enjoyed spending extensive time with OC Shannon Dawson:

“He said his offense is made for a big, tall quarterback who likes to throw the ball around, and that’s how I think of myself,” Anderson, who is 6-foot-7, said. “We cut up some spring game film, got into it. He showed me different ways I can fit in to the offense.”

Translation:

We fired all our bullets at Air Noland and now the chamber’s empty.

Would make sense for Emory. Less so the "throw the ball around" part for JB, at least until he rectifies those accuracy issues. I'm not sure what it means for an offense to necessarily have a "big tall QB who likes to throw the ball around."
we suck again GIF

Advertisement

It's such a nothing quote. It's like saying "this offense needs a big, strong RB who runs fast."

I said earlier that one thing about this staff is they 100% trust their own evals. If they are putting all their eggs in Judd's basket (pause?) it's a heck of a dice roll to make.

Promise or no promise I still wouldn't be shocked if we took a 2nd QB sometime between now and the end of portal season.

Advertisement
There is just absolutely no way the staff trust heading into next year with JB/Emory/Judd. 100% chance we'll be looking to portal in a top QB or at least a QB that can compete with JB/Emory next year.

I think as a staff you have to be constantly looking to see who’s available in the portal regardless of what your room looks like.

For those who hope Mario is going to recruit over Judd Anderson (or bring in a 2nd HS QB) :

Anderson says his understanding is he will be the only QB in the class. “I’m their guy,” he said. And he says the message he got from Mario Cristobal is that “He said he’s getting me around some studs. He’s such an amazing guy, I love being around him.”

“He said his offense is made for a big, tall quarterback who likes to throw the ball around, and that’s how I think of myself,” Anderson, who is 6-foot-7, said. “We cut up some spring game film, got into it. He showed me different ways I can fit in to the offense.”
Definitely means they are bringing in a Portal QB next year. Which is the right move in my opinion. I expect Dawson + TVD to have a good year which in return will be attractive to some very good portal QB’s next year.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Might not bring in a 2nd HS QB but I put all my money on a transfer QB.

Advertisement
Back