On Judd Anderson

View as article
That’s what I’m saying. We will struggle to sign the types of kids going to OSU until we start producing like OSU.
But name one OSU QB that has done anything in the NFL where it really counts. All I am saying is if the new OC can get this Kid to the next level, then who cares if a 4 Star or even a 5 Stars go to OSU.

Advertisement
Which they won’t because this staff is allergic to acquiring skill talent.

Tuffness bro.
How the tables turn… or is it turn tables???

I don’t disagree with some of your concerns but you have to admit that it’s ironic how you’ve become a bigger mope than @Dwinstitles who you used to attack relentlessly for being a mope, who is now pretty positive.

But name one OSU QB that has done anything in the NFL where it really counts. All I am saying is if the new OC can get this Kid to the next level, then who cares if a 4 Star or even a 5 Stars go to OSU.
I agree. We’re gonna have to work with what we can get and the coaching will need to flash.

This is the recruiting board and that's what I'm talking about.

if you think we've done enough to go from 5 wins to 10 wins on the field based on 1 recruiting class and an average transfer portal haul (not to mention how many guys we lost in the portal) you're delusional.

This team isn't very talented and the team isn't well-coached. Even with a New OC I don't see us being better than a 7 win team.

It doesn't make me any less of a cane fan because I wont buy into the offseason bull****.
Zanecane, we on da same page as far as everything Yu said! I thought that 2018 class was the start of our resurgence, I'm as die hard a cane fan as there is. I'm jus positive as can be but I don't have orange n green glasses on. I just defend our canes at all costs!

Advertisement
I’m ok with this cat if he’s your number 2 qb ( he better be your number 2). Qb is a crap shoot with HS kids , it’s all about finding , evaluating and developing. That said his stats and completion percentage is a red flag , I’ll be intrigued to watch his Sr film to get a better feel for what he is.

Thank god for the portal , it’s a get out of jail free card for qb recruiting , well…..unless you’re UF.

A lot is riding on Dawson, his offense and Tvd’s season.
Agree. With the portal in place Miami should always have at least a Stephen Morris level QB as a starter.

Not debating or disagreeing etc just piggybacking off of this comment

Ken Dorsey and Brad Kaaya

That’s the QBs we’ve had drafted since 2000

We’ve only had one NFL game started by a Miami quarterback since 2007 (not 100% sure this is accurate but I don’t think Morris started a game) and that was one game by Brock Berlin

Couldn’t care less about the NFL personally, we need impact players at the position. No clue if this kid will be a star here or a bust but man our ineptitude at the spot is depressing.

Nah. I see a guy with a big arm who can run fast. The offenses aren’t going to get simpler in the NFL. He needs a lot of work

I agree. I think AR was processing the game too slow. As athletic as he was, I don’t think he utilized those gifts enough unless it was designed for him. Before Vick and Young improved as college passers they at least knew how to make plays with their athleticism. I didn’t see that enough with him. They also called simple pass concepts for him and he struggled.

Advertisement

Why Miami loves him​

The Hurricanes had four-star prospect Air Noland, ranked No. 84 nationally, at the top of their board for months but moved Anderson up alongside Noland the moment Dawson got a good look at him. Miami’s staff loves Anderson’s size and arm strength (he can throw it over 65 yards) and feels with the system it plans to run over the next few years he’ll be able to see over their wall of linemen and run the offense Cristobal wants.

Navarro
face punch GIF

Off topic… but I saw you asked me about that top five recruiting class bet I made with my homeboy during last recruiting season. Well this how it went down.. lol he’s a Georgia fan. He bet that we would be in the 6-8 range and I bet we would be top 5. This was way back in the summer before the season went down and before you were saying top 5 would be tough.

Anyway, He paid me after early signing day 100.00 he and I thought he had lost. Then when McClain flipped, I ended up sending him the 100.00 right back I think in February.

We broke even on all our random *** other bets but he did admit if we wouldn’t have had a bad season we would have had a top five class easily and he would have lost the bet.

I won’t make the bet this year. Not for top 5.. I’m thinking 11-13 this year. But top 6-10 if we look decent on the field.
I think you’ll be wrong (and I’m sure we’re all hoping for that) but 11-13 would be borderline disgusting with Mario.

Want some history lessons. 2018 Class, Miami brings in 2 blue chip Qb's Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry. FSU brings in 85 rated 3 star QB Jordan Travis. All am saying is if a coach has experience and track record of developing QB's let that man work and thats where am at with Dawson.
I mean this is probably the least of the problems in this thread, and maybe someone already said this, but Perry and Williams were in different classes and Travis originally signed with Louisville, not FSU.

Advertisement

I don’t disagree with some of your concerns but you have to admit that it’s ironic how you’ve become a bigger mope than @Dwinstitles who you used to attack relentlessly for being a mope, who is now pretty positive.

Cause I know how a title team is built and I see the similarities. I'm calm cause I see the talent coming in. U can have as much time as u like if u bringing in first rounders. Cause eventually it will pay dividends. Crazy sh is the defended Manny Mark Al and Randy and they brought in cheeks

Alright, but would you take AR if you knew you’re bad enough to pick Caleb or Drake next year? Or maybe pick Marvin’s Harrison (pause) the following year.
No but we’re not quite bad enough for that. The roster is pretty talented in a lot of spots. Glaring holes in others. With a rookie QB we still wouldn’t be bad enough for pick 1 or 2.

But we did get 2 stud wr while playing bro-ball! We all think QB issues started with Mario it started after kaaya left so that period spans richt, Manny, and now Mario 2nd year! This stigma about qb's has been here.
We got two slot WRs not two outside WR1 types. Like I said in the post you quoted, we’re going to need to go the trench building route first and then add the final skill pieces after that. Good thing Mario’s elite at recruiting OL.

Advertisement
My guy it's April, the ratings you are using above were certainly the final rankings. And we know how wildly inaccurate these rating clowns start before they can re-group by leaning on what the coaches do. Let's see where Judd ends up in the final rankings, especially since he really just came on the scene. I'll bet your donuts to my dollars it's a lot higher. Emory moved up like 500 spots iirc.

I am not taking a position on the kid, but I think it's way early for anyone else to as well. Reprint to add a little more color:

The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2 (QB rankings, not overall rankings).

More guys outside the final top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28~ QB in America.

As with any star rating discussion, percentages matter most. More guys outside the top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than QB’s within the original top 10 because there’s way, way more of them. QB’s ranked in the 80’s, 90’s, and even several ranked in the 100’s at the position that year signed with D1 schools.

There are 2 in a class of their own who will likely be the first two overall picks in the upcoming draft (Young & Stroud). 1 won a Heisman and the other was a two-time Heisman finalist. Both led their respective team to a playoff appearance.

2 of the top 10 were 5*’s (Young & DJ)
3 of the top 10 were 4*s (Stroud, Richardson, & TVD)
5 of the top 10 were 3*’s.

Only 2 QB’s were 5*’s in the 247 composite that year.

The 4* hit rate that year was very low at 3 of 25, which I assume is a bit lower than the norm. 12%.

The 3* hit rate was even more like finding a needle in a haystack, though, when you look at how many of them there were. If approximately 70 3* QB’s signed with D1 schools that year, which seems like a fair estimate based on 247’s signee page, 5 out of 70 is just a 7% hit rate.

Last edited:
My guy it's April, the ratings you are using above were certainly the final rankings. And we know how wildly inaccurate these rating clowns start before they can re-group by leaning on what the coaches do. Let's see where Judd ends up in the final rankings, especially since he really just came on the scene. I'll bet your donuts to my dollars it's a lot higher. Emory moved up like 500 spots iirc.

I am not taking a position on the kid, but I think it's way early for anyone else to as well. Reprint to add a little more color:

The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2 (QB rankings, not overall rankings).

More guys outside the final top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28~ QB in America.

“I haven’t seen enough of this kid to make a definitive decision on my feelings about this, but just on paper, this is a very meh commit. Hopefully he’s an under the radar kid…”

Zanecane, we on da same page as far as everything Yu said! I thought that 2018 class was the start of our resurgence, I'm as die hard a cane fan as there is. I'm jus positive as can be but I don't have orange n green glasses on. I just defend our canes at all costs!
I respect that. I just go about my business differently. To each their own!

I don't think Mario is going to land a class this year without wins. He stacked classes at Oregon because his team was winning championships. This Miami situation is a lot different and we can already see by how this class is struggling to get anyone of relevance to commit early that the kids aren't going to just jump in off a sales pitch and a NIL deal.

Advertisement
Back