On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement

Maalik Murphy,​

Brock Vandagriff​

Gunner Stockton​

All transfer candidates , Murphy is definitely transferring unless some crazy happens at Texas we should be all over him. I’m sure a lot of schools back channeling to him right now

Ps feel free to add to my list

Judd is a work in progress mainly because he was stuck in that Wing T for a while. Hopefully JB, and EW are ready to play at a high level sooner than later, and Judd will be ready in due time. Go Canes 🏈

My guy it's April, the ratings you are using above were certainly the final rankings. And we know how wildly inaccurate these rating clowns start before they can re-group by leaning on what the coaches do. Let's see where Judd ends up in the final rankings. I'll bet your donuts to my dollars it's a lot higher. Emory moved up like 500 spots iirc.

I am not taking a position on the kid, but I think it's way early for anyone else to as well. Reprint to add a little more color:

The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2 (QB rankings, not overall rankings).

More guys outside the final top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28~ QB in America.
I read this, hated it, wanted to prove why these guys were not the same, so I went and looked up their junior stats. The ones in a comparable position to Judd, were in a comparable position to Judd for a reason. Junior seasons were garbage. Obviously, this doesn't mean Judd will be good, but it gives me a small sliver of hope. Not that you care, or should, but thanks for this, I'll reserve judgment until after his Sr. season.

*Still hoping this isn't QB1*

There are more buts here than on a Saturday night in south beach

The short version is we swiped 20 times and didn’t hook up And now we’re gonna need to go to craigslist for a pro

Last edited:
Advertisement
When did this “ balling start”? Are you talking throwing in shorts with no reads or defense ? Maybe the hitting the roof at their practice facility is was what won you over , because game tape couldn’t have. Fact is dude has tons of physical gifts but struggles with playing the position of qb. He’s not a Hurts type that lives / breathes football and was raised by a coach. He has trouble with reads and constantly missed wide open guys at UF. On top of very shaky accuracy.

Whoever drafts him will need to give him time
because he needs a lot of coaching. If your Panthers draft him Reichs *** is done in 2-3 years. Book that. He’s nowhere near the two top guys who can play much sooner and are much more developed.

Reich is a washed up retread. He will face plant in Carolina.

I’m ok with this cat if he’s your number 2 qb ( he better be your number 2). Qb is a crap shoot with HS kids , it’s all about finding , evaluating and developing. That said his stats and completion percentage is a red flag , I’ll be intrigued to watch his Sr film to get a better feel for what he is.

Thank god for the portal , it’s a get out of jail free card for qb recruiting , well…..unless you’re UF.

A lot is riding on Dawson, his offense and Tvd’s season.

But Cribby, the portal is only filled with garbage and it takes back channeling and all this really hard work and it’s just not sustainable…..😎

When did this “ balling start”? Are you talking throwing in shorts with no reads or defense ? Maybe the hitting the roof at their practice facility is was what won you over , because game tape couldn’t have. Fact is dude has tons of physical gifts but struggles with playing the position of qb. He’s not a Hurts type that lives / breathes football and was raised by a coach. He has trouble with reads and constantly missed wide open guys at UF. On top of very shaky accuracy.

Whoever drafts him will need to give him time
because he needs a lot of coaching. If your Panthers draft him Reichs *** is done in 2-3 years. Book that. He’s nowhere near the two top guys who can play much sooner and are much more developed.
Off topic… but I saw you asked me about that top five recruiting class bet I made with my homeboy during last recruiting season. Well this how it went down.. lol he’s a Georgia fan. He bet that we would be in the 6-8 range and I bet we would be top 5. This was way back in the summer before the season went down and before you were saying top 5 would be tough.

Anyway, He paid me after early signing day 100.00 he and I thought he had lost. Then when McClain flipped, I ended up sending him the 100.00 right back I think in February.

We broke even on all our random *** other bets but he did admit if we wouldn’t have had a bad season we would have had a top five class easily and he would have lost the bet.

I won’t make the bet this year. Not for top 5.. I’m thinking 11-13 this year. But top 6-10 if we look decent on the field.

I see he plays in a wing T. My Qb in high school was 6'4 190 he moved after our freshman year to go start at a 5A school had over 3000 yards an 30 tds as a sophomore in the spread . Michigan was on him hard he moved back to our school "Loyalty" wanting to play with his bros. Didn't start his Jr year and his senior year didn't win a game had stats alot like Judd did this year. I see Judd is moving to play in a more pass friendly offence this year!! Let's see what he does!!!

Advertisement
Lmao 😭 I’m a fan of his traits at QB. Doesn’t cost us anything to gamble on him. We’re gonna be bad another year anyway
Alright, but would you take AR if you knew you’re bad enough to pick Caleb or Drake next year? Or maybe pick Marvin’s Harrison (pause) the following year.

Tell that to the gators.

97145b38-68e3-47f8-bc23-036143e6499a_text.gif

He makes some nice throws on the tape no doubt , but it's a highlight. Kids a 56% passer and 1/1 TD/INT QB.

View attachment 234916

But you said “the tape”

Not just the statline. You specifically said the tape as well.

Advertisement
But you said “the tape”

Not just the statline. You specifically said the tape as well.
Well I'm not sure if you've ever watched "highlight" films before but they did a good job compiling literally all of his measly production into 5 minutes. Which means there is at least a matching 5 minute lowlight film considering he's a 1/1 QB.

Why Miami loves him​

The Hurricanes had four-star prospect Air Noland, ranked No. 84 nationally, at the top of their board for months but moved Anderson up alongside Noland the moment Dawson got a good look at him. Miami’s staff loves Anderson’s size and arm strength (he can throw it over 65 yards) and feels with the system it plans to run over the next few years he’ll be able to see over their wall of linemen and run the offense Cristobal wants.

Navarro

👀

Last edited:
I'd say it has more to do with NFL trends and our recent history.

Look at the good QBs we've had in the past decade. Brad Kaaya was an unknown until he committed. D'Eriq King was a G5 kid. Tyler Van Dyke chose us over Syracuse. Stephen Morris was a nobody. Meanwhile, name brands like Kevin Olsen, Jake Garcia, Tate Martell, Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry did nothing here. Guys like Evan Shirreffs and Peyton Matocha, who were Hail Marys before signing day, fit in a different category.

I wanted Air Noland and Miami wanted Air Noland. It's a miss. More than anything, we needed momentum with premier WRs. And I share everyone's concerns over Judd. The numbers are alarming. The OP is UM's thoughts- my opinion is that we badly need another QB.

But in general, unless you are one of the three programs that signs five-star QBs on autopilot, the best formula is spending NIL on good transfer QBs and signing high upside kids with intangibles.
This!!!

Advertisement
Look good? The team isn't even at full strength yet. So, in your opinion how do they look we haven't even seen a practice clip longer then 2mins. You should know that if you're a real cane fan.
This is the recruiting board and that's what I'm talking about.

if you think we've done enough to go from 5 wins to 10 wins on the field based on 1 recruiting class and an average transfer portal haul (not to mention how many guys we lost in the portal) you're delusional.

This team isn't very talented and the team isn't well-coached. Even with a New OC I don't see us being better than a 7 win team.

It doesn't make me any less of a cane fan because I wont buy into the offseason bull****.

Well I'm not sure if you've ever watched "highlight" films before but they did a good job compiling literally all of his measly production into 5 minutes. Which means there is at least a matching 5 minute lowlight film considering he's a 1/1 QB.

Not what you said though

Not sure how you read my post and came away with that. I'm well aware the staff is trying to sign 5 star QBs. I'm also VERY aware of why quarterbacks are hesitant to want to play for Mario. My point was more directed at posters who use the "5 star QBs bust" excuse as copium to feel better about signing a QB that had only 3 power 5 offers.

There's still plenty of time to get another QB in the class but as of now, we've settled for quarterbacks that the big name schools would never even offer the last two years. If we want to compete with and beat the Ohio States of the world, we need to start signing the type of kids they normally sign.
That’s what I’m saying. We will struggle to sign the types of kids going to OSU until we start producing like OSU.

Advertisement
Back