On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
Which they won’t because this staff is allergic to acquiring skill talent.

Tuffness bro.
We just signed 2 4 star WRs, 2 4 star RBs and a 4 star TE the year after adding a 4 star WR, RB and TE in an abbreviated cycle. That’s 8 4 star skill players in 1 1/2 years which is the exact same number as Georgia the last two years.

Mario’s roster building strategy resembles Kirby’s more than any other. Dominate the trenches.

“Smart was asked Wednesday about Georgia not adding a quarterback in the 2023 class and if that affected things at all with recruiting given quarterbacks typically lend a helping hand with other prospects. Smart explained the transfer portal has changed the importance of a high school quarterback in a signing class.

“I think it's irrelevant in today's day and age. The portal is full of them. There's going to be multiple guys in every year. You want to do the best job you can to get the best quarterback you can,” Smart said.”

Advertisement
We just signed 2 4 star WRs, 2 4 star RBs and a 4 star TE the year after adding a 4 star WR, RB and TE in an abbreviated cycle. That’s 8 4 star skill players in 1 1/2 years which is the exact same number as Georgia the last two years.

Mario’s roster building strategy resembles Kirby’s more than any other. Dominate the trenches.

“Smart was asked Wednesday about Georgia not adding a quarterback in the 2023 class and if that affected things at all with recruiting given quarterbacks typically lend a helping hand with other prospects. Smart explained the transfer portal has changed the importance of a high school quarterback in a signing class.

“I think it's irrelevant in today's day and age. The portal is full of them. There's going to be multiple guys in every year. You want to do the best job you can to get the best quarterback you can,” Smart said.”
Sigh

Advertisement
Sucks to miss out on priority targets...

Just give me a serviceable system QB that can shine under Dawson. Truth is QB recruiting is always a crapshoot. If our OC is worth his salt, he can identify the talent and develop it.
Honestly it’s probably the way to go with the transfer portal. Take a guy who won’t be looking for the first exit if he doesn’t play that you can develop. Then if needed take a highly touted guy out of the portal. Obviously it’s risky, but there was some crazy stat that 90 percent of the top 25 or something QB recruits end up transferring

Advertisement
I’ve been a Cane fan since I knew what football was. CIS can’t hurt me more than Miami has.

This reminded me of my abuelo, who would often shoot his mouth off and when my abuela would try to reign him in, he'd say, "no pueden hacerme nada que Castro ya no ha hecho." He wasn't wrong and neither are you.

Miss that man.

Going to be?
Shocked Nate Burleson GIF by DraftKings

Advertisement
I remember a time where Peyton Matocha was crowned; I recall the board gassing Cade Weldon as a better version of his pops on here. I recall on other boards the fan affair for Preston Dewey & Gary Crow. I also know what was said about Emory after losing out on Rashada (although I didn’t want him here.)

So now to soften the blow of Air Noland, we have the narrative that independent of Noland, Judd was our guy.

Right now Judd is the 1,013th ranked player in the nation & 61st ranked QB.

Just to add a little context for the crowd who sees 3 star QBs who are in the NFL:

-Mahomes: 3* (398th ranked / 22nd ranked QB)
-Josh Allen: 3* (199th ranked / 5th ranked QB JUCO)
-Aaron Rodgers: 3* (53rd ranked / 2nd ranked QB JUCO)
-Justin Herbert: 3* (659th ranked / 26th ranked QB)
-Dak Prescott: 3* (601st ranked / 20th ranked QB)
-Lamar Jackson: 3* (409th ranked / 12th ranked QB)
-Brock Purdy: 3* (839th ranked / 36th ranked QB)
-Kenny Pickett: 3* (738th ranked / 33rd ranked QB)
-Mac Jones: 3* (399th ranked / 18th ranked QB)

Current NFL draft hopefuls:
Stetson Bennett: 3* (159th ranked / 6th ranked QB JUCO)
Will Levis: 3* (652nd ranked / 28th ranked QB)
Clayton Tune: 3* (827th ranked / 35th ranked QB)

Do you notice the trend? All these 3* QBs were sub 1000th ranked, & top 50 in the nation at their position. The only two exceptions I saw were both Russell Wilson & Kirk Cousins who were ranked outside the top 1000, but they were ranked top 50 at their position (Wilson - 25th & Cousins - 49th)

I haven’t seen enough of this kid to make a definitive decision on my feelings about this, but just on paper, this is a very meh commit. Hopefully he’s an under the radar kid, but here’s what I know about CFB: the QB is thee most important position on the field. It’s the engine of the team; we need to get this right, & not wish upon a star.

My guy it's April, the ratings you are using above were certainly the final rankings. And we know how wildly inaccurate these rating clowns start before they can re-group by leaning on what the coaches do. Let's see where Judd ends up in the final rankings, especially since he really just came on the scene. I'll bet your donuts to my dollars it's a lot higher. Emory moved up like 500 spots iirc.

I am not taking a position on the kid, but I think it's way early for anyone else to as well. Reprint to add a little more color:

The Athletic re-ranked the class of 2020 QB's based on how they turned out so far, in their opinion:

Revised top 10 (with original HS ranking):

1. Bryce Young, Alabama

Original ranking: No. 1 QB (No. 2 overall)

2. C.J. Stroud, Ohio State

Original ranking: No. 3 QB (No. 42 overall)

3. Michael Pratt, Tulane

Original ranking: No. 82 QB (No. 1,365 overall)

4. Will Rogers, Mississippi State

Original ranking: No. 22 QB (No. 605 overall)

5. Anthony Richardson, Florida

Original rank: No. 15 QB (No. 204 overall)

6. Jayden de Laura, Arizona (via Washington State)

Original rank: No. 34 QB (No. 462 overall)

7. Tyler Van Dyke, Miami

Original rank: No. 7 QB (No. 222 overall)

8. Blake Shapen, Baylor

Original rank: No. 52 QB (No. 747 overall)

9. Will Howard, Kansas State

Original rank: No. 59 QB (No. 888 overall)

10. DJ Uiagalelei, Oregon State (via Clemson)

Original rank: No. 2 QB (No. 10 overall)

So according to them the best QB signees, in order, were ranked #1, #3, #82, #22, #15, #34, #7, #52, #59, #2 (QB rankings, not overall rankings).

More guys outside the final top 20 panned out as top 10 talents than guys within the original top 10. The average would be a guy who was ranked as the #28~ QB in America.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back