On Judd Anderson

View as article
@Ziggy , D$ just said it again, the staff loves his athleticism. Is your concern foot speed? If so, he's clearly no Michael Vick.

But pulling down 14 boards a night isn't something to sneeze at from an athletic standpoint
I think you should watch the film again. He's running away from guys when he pulls the ball down. He's 6'6" and he looks quick. Think Vince Young long strides.

His footwork is impressive. Stays balanced when he throws and an easy release like a baseball pitcher who throws 95 without effort.

Fans will sleep on this kid because we have a bunch of star ho's. I trust the staff and what I see. Looks like a high 4-star and may wind up there, but who cares. The kid can spin it and I like tall QBs that can see the entire field.

Advertisement
Watch the tape - that offence is dog**** and so are the players. Richardson is beyond legit - dude bailed as soon as he could to get away from that dumpster fire.
When did this “ balling start”? Are you talking throwing in shorts with no reads or defense ? Maybe the hitting the roof at their practice facility is was what won you over , because game tape couldn’t have. Fact is dude has tons of physical gifts but struggles with playing the position of qb. He’s not a Hurts type that lives / breathes football and was raised by a coach. He has trouble with reads and constantly missed wide open guys at UF. On top of very shaky accuracy.

Whoever drafts him will need to give him time
because he needs a lot of coaching. If your Panthers draft him Reichs *** is done in 2-3 years. Book that. He’s nowhere near the two top guys who can play much sooner and are much more developed.

Last edited:
At this point Mario needs 2 portal WR's that can run and catch as a higher priority than a class of 24 QB. Get those WR's NOW and demonstrate on the field this season that Miami is serious about aggressive offensive football including a strong vertical passing game and there will be QB's and WR's available for early signing day in December.

Exactly. Do highly rated QBs bust? Of course but the big boys always have multiple highly rated guys on their rosters. The idea that because some good QBs were lower rated prospects, we should just abandon recruiting highly rated ones is absurd. Imagine that line of thinking at any other position? Yeah, let's stop trying to sign five star offensive tackles because some of them don't live up to their ranking.

How do you know we weren’t/aren’t after 5 star QB’s? Pretty sure if they were in the equation the staff would take them lol. We are not a desirable destination for 5 star QB’s currently. Going off last season, there are about 96 better offensive options for these kids to choose from. You don’t just shake that stigma off you in one cycle.

Give it some time. Let the offense play out with Dawson this season.

Advertisement
There’s so much talk about high 4*/5* QB bust rate around here and much of it is rooted in copium because of how our QB recruiting has been going. As a result, many are overlooking how much hitting on a top QB helps with landing premier WR talent AND elevating your program’s floor while also giving you at least a puncher’s chance in big games when the rest of your roster is a notch or two below the best.
I'd say it has more to do with NFL trends and our recent history.

Look at the good QBs we've had in the past decade. Brad Kaaya was an unknown until he committed. D'Eriq King was a G5 kid. Tyler Van Dyke chose us over Syracuse. Stephen Morris was a nobody. Meanwhile, name brands like Kevin Olsen, Jake Garcia, Tate Martell, Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry did nothing here. Guys like Evan Shirreffs and Peyton Matocha, who were Hail Marys before signing day, fit in a different category.

I wanted Air Noland and Miami wanted Air Noland. It's a miss. More than anything, we needed momentum with premier WRs. And I share everyone's concerns over Judd. The numbers are alarming. The OP is UM's thoughts- my opinion is that we badly need another QB.

But in general, unless you are one of the three programs that signs five-star QBs on autopilot, the best formula is spending NIL on good transfer QBs and signing high upside kids with intangibles.

At the end of the day all QBs need to be developed and play in a system that matches their strength…we have signed plenty of 4 star qbs who are trash…this kid has some nice tools to work with and I’m..I feel like most of this board is crying because yall just want to argue with rival fan bases about recruiting rankings

Where Are They No Fans GIF by Hashtag United Official

Advertisement
I'd say it has more to do with NFL trends and our recent history.

Look at the good QBs we've had in the past decade. Brad Kaaya was an unknown until he committed. D'Eriq King was a G5 kid. Tyler Van Dyke chose us over Syracuse. Stephen Morris was a nobody. Meanwhile, name brands like Kevin Olsen, Jake Garcia, Tate Martell, Jarren Williams and N'Kosi Perry did nothing here. Guys like Evan Shirreffs and Peyton Matocha, who were Hail Marys before signing day, fit in a different category.

I wanted Air Noland and Miami wanted Air Noland. It's a miss. More than anything, we needed momentum with premier WRs. And I share everyone's concerns over Judd. The numbers are alarming. The OP is UM's thoughts- my opinion is that we badly need another QB.

But in general, unless you are one of the three programs that signs five-star QBs on autopilot, the best formula is spending NIL on good transfer QBs and signing high upside kids with intangibles.
Do you think Miami will spend enough for a top portal QB?

At the end of the day all QBs need to be developed and play in a system that matches their strength…we have signed plenty of 4 star qbs who are trash…this kid has some nice tools to work with and I’m..I feel like most of this board is crying because yall just want to argue with rival fan bases about recruiting rankings
56% completion rating, with 15 TDs to 13 Ints is probably a decent reason to "cry"

How do you know we weren’t/aren’t after 5 star QB’s? Pretty sure if they were in the equation the staff would take them lol. We are not a desirable destination for 5 star QB’s currently. Going off last season, there are about 96 better offensive options for these kids to choose from. You don’t just shake that stigma off you in one cycle.

Give it some time. Let the offense play out with Dawson this season.
Not sure how you read my post and came away with that. I'm well aware the staff is trying to sign 5 star QBs. I'm also VERY aware of why quarterbacks are hesitant to want to play for Mario. My point was more directed at posters who use the "5 star QBs bust" excuse as copium to feel better about signing a QB that had only 3 power 5 offers.

There's still plenty of time to get another QB in the class but as of now, we've settled for quarterbacks that the big name schools would never even offer the last two years. If we want to compete with and beat the Ohio States of the world, we need to start signing the type of kids they normally sign.

Advertisement
Also, it doesn't take freakish athletic ability for a 6'6" kid to average double digit rebounds in high school. He's at least 3 inches taller than 90% of the kids he's playing against.

Advertisement
Crazy idea: This will be Judd's second season running the offense. Yes, his junior season stats suck juevos. But, it was his first year running that offense.
Maybe he puts up more respectable stats that warrant the offer. I'm optimistic that he can...

His coach has a recent track record of developing QBs. He produced a 3 star QB named, "Alan Richter" that signed with Coach Candle and Toledo (of all schools).

Here's a quote I dug up on his stat line:

"Quarterback John Alan Richter has graduated and is taking his talent to Toledo University. He racked up some amazing career numbers during his time as the Greyhounds’ signal caller, passing for 3,241 yards and 34 TDs. He ran for another four touchdowns."
Source

Another interesting tidbit I found was that Judd Anderson's teammate is a 2024 four-star Zion Ragins at wide receiver.
Source

We missed on our primary target, Air Noland. That blows. But I am not gonna sulk about it. I'm just gonna see how this plays itself out before losing my ****.

Advertisement
Back