On Judd Anderson

View as article
Advertisement
“I haven’t seen enough of this kid to make a definitive decision on my feelings about this, but just on paper, this is a very meh commit. Hopefully he’s an under the radar kid…”
Reasonable response. I don't see how anyone could say anything more on either side. I'm just gonna chalk it up to people being upset on missing Air.

The last kid I remember committing to this much hate was Zion lol He turned out alright.

It’s clear some people on this board only give a rats *** about stars. Bet you when he ends up a 4 star QB and gets SEC offers they will change their tune. Watch film. And by the way, Every single high school QB with the exception of a couple guys are “ developmental QBs”

Zanecane, we on da same page as far as everything Yu said! I thought that 2018 class was the start of our resurgence, I'm as die hard a cane fan as there is. I'm jus positive as can be but I don't have orange n green glasses on. I just defend our canes at all costs!

I respect that. I just go about my business differently. To each their own!

I don't think Mario is going to land a class this year without wins. He stacked classes at Oregon because his team was winning championships. This Miami situation is a lot different and we can already see by how this class is struggling to get anyone of relevance to commit early that the kids aren't going to just jump in off a sales pitch and a NIL deal.
Oh I agree, even though my blood is orange and green! I know when we're gonna have a good team or a bad team. And, right now I don't know!!

Reasonable response. I don't see how anyone could say anything more on either side. I'm just gonna chalk it up to people being upset on missing Air.

The last kid I remember committing to this much hate was Zion lol He turned out alright.
I can get with that opinion! It's the posters who have no clue of what there talking about and trying to spin it as facts.

Advertisement
I wanted Air Noland and Miami wanted Air Noland. It's a miss. More than anything, we needed momentum with premier WRs. And I share everyone's concerns over Judd. The numbers are alarming. The OP is UM's thoughts- my opinion is that we badly need another QB.

We agree.

And in regards to UM’s thoughts from the OP, Anderson transitioning from the Wing-T is one factor. But as @SCarolina Ibis mentioned in this thread, his HS offense had a lot of returning talent, including a composite top 100 player at WR, and he put up the worst stats of a QB at that school in a decade and led them to their worst record in a decade. His basketball stats are better on paper than his football numbers.

Anderson does have some upside with his measurables and arm strength. I don’t think the reaction to his commitment would be so negative on the board if it was clear he’s the QB2 in this class and we had legit traction with a premier QB besides Noland, who we lost the battle for. But you’re right that we badly need another QB and I think we need it to be a legit headliner who generates excitement with top WR’s.

We agree.

And in regards to UM’s thoughts from the OP, Anderson transitioning from the Wing-T is one factor. But as @SCarolina Ibis mentioned in this thread, his HS offense had a lot of returning talent, including a composite top 100 player at WR, and he put up the worst stats of a QB at that school in a decade and led them to their worst record in a decade. His basketball stats are better on paper than his football numbers.

Anderson does have some upside with his measurables and arm strength. I don’t think the reaction to his commitment would be so negative on the board if it was clear he’s the QB2 in this class and we had legit traction with a premier QB besides Noland, who we lost the battle for. But you’re right that we badly need another QB and I think we need it to be a legit headliner who generates excitement with top WR’s.
Exactly THIS.

Staff/coaches tweeting out that QB1 nonsense is making things much much worse. And lol.. who tf defends a QB recruit with "his basketball skills...".

Fwiw I do get their interest in his arm talent/measurables. I really do. But when you start tweeting QB1 about a guy outside the top 1,000, who lists 10 total D1 offers, including just 3 others from the P5 (assuming they're even committable), it doesn't exactly say "trust me, I got this." It comes off more like "I'm the smartest guy in the room. So there."

Advertisement
It’s clear some people on this board only give a rats *** about stars. Bet you when he ends up a 4 star QB and gets SEC offers they will change their tune. Watch film. And by the way, Every single high school QB with the exception of a couple guys are “ developmental QBs”
It’s not the stars that concern me. It’s his abysmal stats

And every non-star person believes they have the secret talent decoder ring that the rating services don’t.

And Mario has shown zero ability to develop a QB. When you’re that bad at it up to this point in your career, and you were brought in to be a recruiting first coach, you don’t get a 3* QB pass.

That’s what I’m saying. We will struggle to sign the types of kids going to OSU until we start producing like OSU.
Yeah because osu started turning 2 and 3 stars into day on picks? Get real

Osu produces because osu recruits.
They’ve been churning out top classes for at least a decade man.
The only time they’ve fallen out of the top 5 is because they took a smaller class.

they took 21 players last year and still finished 4th.

They didn’t start winning again until they started recruiting again.
The same thing can happen anywhere and this the reason people are ****ed at the Judd commitment.
The only exception to the rule has been Clemson that got Watson and Sunshine. Then they broke the bank on dt recruiting.
And Clemson despite all their recruiting since then has looked like total cheek juice with an average qb despite an entire dline that will all be in the league.

Even I have agreed with narrative about Georgia only being able to win back to back championships because of their elite team and not because of the quarterback.

But let’s get real. The dude has made throws when he’s needed to and has looked really good and made some very smart decisions. So while he’s not Joe Burrow he isn’t some scrub that can’t make a play either.

We will see how important picking the right quarterback is next year when Bennett isn’t there. So far everyone has been saying that uga is so stacked that it doesn’t matter who is slinging the rock.
I’m not buying it. Bennet kept beating out blue chip qb’s and transfers for that spot.

So again. I’m not upset at taking a dude like Judd as long as that take is hedged with an elite pick up at the same position.

Advertisement
If you actually watch the tape, there is a lot to like about him. He has a strong arm, good pocket presence and can move around. He needs some cleanup in his setup and motion but what HS QB prospect doesn’t. Every year it is proven that you need to evaluate the tape and not the star ratings.

If you actually watch the tape, there is a lot to like about him. He has a strong arm, good pocket presence and can move around. He needs some cleanup in his setup and motion but what HS QB prospect doesn’t. Every year it is proven that you need to evaluate the tape and not the star ratings.

Every year proves the complete opposite.

There are no “evaluate the tape” teams actually competing for championships.

Advertisement
If the dude didn’t have that many interceptions, I don’t think people would be freaking out so much.
Maybe someone can get a hold of all his tape and see what those interceptions actually looked like. Not all interceptions are the quarterbacks fault. Sometimes quarterbacks are carrying their team and push too far to try to make plays.
A few times it may be a miscommunication or simply the receiver, ran the wrong route.

People also wouldn’t be freaking out as much if it was the second instead of the first qb taken.

Advertisement
Back