OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

View as article
Bring us the nasty beef!

3j2kNivI8MptvSJTMw.gif

Advertisement
Coach Mirabal has been laser-focused on rebuilding the body types on Miami’s offensive line. That group just got bigger with the commitment of Juan Minaya. Minaya (6’6, 315) hails from Paramus, NJ-- a suburb of New York City-- and holds offers from Florida, Penn State, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Boston College and Pittsburgh. He is a former basketball player with significant room to develop.

In just two years, Coach Mirabal has added Anez Cooper (6’6, 350), Matthew McCoy (6’6, 300), Tommy Kinsler (6’6, 330), Frankie Tinilau (6’6, 315), Francis Mauigoia (6’6, 315) and Samson Okunlola (6’6, 300). Minaya fits right into that mold.

His junior clips were up and down for me, but you can see the promise in his sophomore film:

What role does he project on Miami's roster?

Tape isnt that good to me either.

Has the size that cant be taught, showed some movement skills, and a kick step.

Interior prospect that should take a shirt...and they can hopefully mold with that type of size and apparent strength. He needs to work on his flexibility and leverage as he plays high and feet seems kind of lazy for finishes.

If im taking projects....im taking hima nd Frankie...they are big kids ill say he is on the line of Frankie from last class.

Also this kid looks like he goes to Braddock or Coral Park or something, drives a Honda civic with pipes, and has a girlfriend named Idaliz.

He fits in at Miami like a glove...lol
Lmao, you are a funny dude man

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
more hard nosed dominicans, please.

This is a solid April pickup. Under the radar kid with minimal football experience who has the size and feet you want as his age. Solid depth piece that might blossom into something greater.

I’ve never really been a star guy but I gotta tell ya I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have. One or two flyers I get - happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.
Do you not remember last year?? This is exactly how the cycle started then as well

Advertisement
Tape isnt that good to me either.

Has the size that cant be taught, showed some movement skills, and a kick step.

Interior prospect that should take a shirt...and they can hopefully mold with that type of size and apparent strength. He needs to work on his flexibility and leverage as he plays high and feet seems kind of lazy for finishes.

If im taking projects....im taking hima nd Frankie...they are big kids ill say he is on the line of Frankie from last class.

Also this kid looks like he goes to Braddock or Coral Park or something, drives a Honda civic with pipes, and has a girlfriend named Idaliz.

He fits in at Miami like a glove...lol
NGL he looks like a slightly larger version of my younger brother when he was at Coral Park

Advertisement
Back