OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

View as article
I’ve never really been a star guy, but I gotta tell ya. I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.
I’m not gonna try to remember the whole class. But Mario did this Frankie T and Chris Johnson last cycle. Unknown when offered but soon big time P5 programs ended up offering. This isnt new

Advertisement
I’ve never really been a star guy, but I gotta tell ya. I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.
While I find myself agreeing somewhat I also feel Mario is a guy who consistently pulls elite recruits wouldn't just start lowering the standard without it fitting into the overall plan. not saying trust the process but I tend to think that Mario has a plan.

I laugh at how stupid some of you are. Like seriously, it's like you lack reading comprehension or only read what you want to read. It truly makes my day.

DMoney: "You're not going to love the run of commits from a star perspective early on"

CIS: "WhErE Ar ThE StARzzz"

DMoney: "Miami did this last cycle, and our first few commits were all 3-stars that ended up being coveted by major programs. The big fish aren't ready to commit in April and it's a longer process"

CIS: "MaRIo CAnT REcRUiTZ WeLL"

I liked the Day and CWH pick ups, but not this one. Was hoping it was going to be the Duff kid.

Advertisement
I feel like this one should have been expected for a while. It was pretty clear from the beginning that this was a OL prospect that the staff identified early and wanted to make as a part of this class. I have full trust is Mirabal and Mario with the OL and taking a project or two as the base of each class while still going big game hunting is a great strategy with OL recruiting, as long as you can develop the projects. This strategy allows you to build quality experienced depth and future starters with the projects at the foundation while also continuously injecting more high end talent with the big fish you collect along the way.

I was critical of the Judd take, and my stance is the same on that. But I actually have really liked/supported the last three commitments.

Advertisement
I’m not gonna try to remember the whole class. But Mario did this Frankie T and Chris Johnson last cycle. Unknown when offered but soon big time P5 programs ended up offering. This isnt new
This guy is not unkown though. UF, Penn St, Ole Miss and others have offered. He simply unknown to 247 who will now proceed to give him a 85.7 3 star rating which will then initiate great debates from rivals and disgruntled fans a like

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Kind of kid that goes to Kentucky and starts as a JR and SR for one of the best rushing attacks in the nation.

Tommie Kinsler 2.0.

He'll get his composite like Day and we'll be about 20th in the rankings. We were 999th pre these "three stars."

We need to develop some stinkin' perspective.

Advertisement
Back