OL Juan Minaya commits to Miami

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
Coach Mirabal has been laser-focused on rebuilding the body types on Miami’s offensive line. That group just got bigger with the commitment of Juan Minaya. Minaya (6’6, 315) hails from Paramus, NJ-- a suburb of New York City-- and holds offers from Florida, Penn State, Michigan State, Ole Miss, Boston College and Pittsburgh. He’s a former basketball player with significant room to develop.

In just two years, Coach Mirabal has added Anez Cooper (6’6, 350), Matthew McCoy (6’6, 300), Tommy Kinsler (6’6, 330), Frankie Tinilau (6’6, 315), Francis Mauigoia (6’6, 315) and Samson Okunlola (6’6, 300). Minaya fits right into that mold.

His junior clips were up and down for me, but you can see the promise in his sophomore film:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

We were in the pole position from the get go... will continue to get offers from big time programs just because of traits alone.

I’ve never really been a star guy but I gotta tell ya I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have. One or two flyers I get - happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ve never really been a star guy, but I gotta tell ya. I also have a hard time with believing that suddenly Mario and these recruiters are the only ones identifying these future studs as if they have some unique superpower that no other programs have happy to be proven wrong, but right now, this class is very suspect.
And you are right not to be. Kid started playing ball at 14 years old and is only 16. Benches 225 Lbs 21 times already and has offers from PSU, UF, MSU, WVU and Pitt

Advertisement
Back