Ok, who wants to fund a billboard right on US1?

Advertisement
So I looked it up it's approximately $3,500 for a large non digital billboard for 1 month

This!!! I think I am correct when I say this.......You cannot use a person's name and or likeness (image/references etc) without their permission/compensation. Get legal advice before you disparage a person publicly on a billboard. Don't get caught in a defamation of character lawsuit.

Noted. I do think call outs are necessary at this stage. I won't let fear dissuade me from providing that essential public service, even when liability would clearly and completely fall on me as the organizer. But I will have to watch the specifics. Politicians talk **** about their competition on TV all the time, and as far as I understand satire receives pretty good protection in this country. However what's considered "safe" or not is probably a fine line so I would appreciate any insight there from posters in the legal field or with connections in it.

Either way, let's get this thing done.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Blake James guaranteed a win over UF. He should be let go for dropping that alone.

While I agree football is no place for S.J.W. types, be careful not to make the billboard about politics or liberalism. Thats a quick way to be dismissed right off the bat. Stick to the facts, use names & show pictures of the admin & coaches if you can to embarrass them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I would donate to this for the cause. It would get the message out to UM at least that us fans are not happy. Better than doing nothing.

Advertisement
Back