Ok, who wants to fund a billboard right on US1?

This was my point earlier. You have 10000x suggestions and no idea if there is even enough $ to pull this off. At this point, it’s a circle jerk. We struggled to get $500 for a banner and this is 5x to 10x cost.
Super quick search while in an Uber on vacation. Not sure if anyone has any tangible billboard knowledge

Attachments

• 0C218096-A72D-4096-9559-014848F08F8C.png
    0C218096-A72D-4096-9559-014848F08F8C.png
    523.9 KB · Views: 74
Advertisement
Super quick search while in an Uber on vacation. Not sure if anyone has any tangible billboard knowledge

Yes, that's exactly where I got my super wide 2-5k range before. However that's just to give us an idea as it doesn't factor in location whatsoever. Actual number will have to come from calling those billboards, asking not only price but availability in the coming weeks/months, etc. Gonna be a real pain in the *** logistics challenge coordinating a gofundme for one of those things tbh.

Yes, that's exactly where I got my super wide 2-5k range before. However that's just to give us an idea as it doesn't factor in location whatsoever. Actual number will have to come from calling those billboards, asking not only price but availability in the coming weeks/months, etc. Gonna be a real pain in the *** logistics challenge coordinating a gofundme for one of those things tbh.
Between Facebook groups. Twitter. 247 board this site etc. I don’t think the gofundme will be as difficult as you think.

these types of things go viral quickly and get shared a lot equaling free online traffic

Advertisement
If you get enough donors maybe those consecutive boards that tell a story. But it has to be VERY close to the school.

Advertisement
Between Facebook groups. Twitter. 247 board this site etc. I don’t think the gofundme will be as difficult as you think.

these types of things go viral quickly and get shared a lot equaling free online traffic

I hope the actual fundraising isn't, but I'm still worried about logistics. I know nothing about billboards, but for example I can imagine a hypothetical situation where there's a billboard available for 3k in a nice spot next month, but payment needs to happen in 5 days or its a bust. Could we raise 3k? I totally think so. Can we do it in 5 days? 4 if you consider the time to get the money out etc. No **** idea there. Then the next best option is is actually 3.5k, so can I go back and now raise the fundraising target if we miss the initial window? Etc.

A lot of that depends on the gofundme rules or whatever I end up using, so I plan on researching that tonight and more tomorrow before starting it up if needed. I pray James is fired by then but if not then fml, time to get to work.

EDIT: Also, i'm not a designer or graphics person at all so that's something else that needs to get sorted out later. So if anyone is down to help out more than just throwing some bucks in, whether it's billboard graphics research/work, billboard connections, etc slide into the DMs.

Advertisement
How about FIRE BLAKE JAMES

and underneath a picture of Manny, Blake, Enos, and Jennifer all painted as clowns.

We just lost to FIU.

But, if we do start struggling to raise the needed money regardless, then some actual lead contenders for what it's going to be will help people actually decide to commit their money. If the circumstances weren't so dire, I would certainly want to know what my money is actually going towards before giving it.

Just to be clear, I’m in. I’m just trying to push getting people to focus on committing to fund, rather than just throwing a lot of ideas out there.

Advertisement
I'm going to try to send more fans your way with the billboard through the rivals site. Lets hope we can get it done! One thing I would be careful of is to not personally attack anyone or call names! We do not want to be sued for slander or defamation of character!

This!!! I think I am correct when I say this.......You cannot use a person's name and or likeness (image/references etc) without their permission/compensation. Get legal advice before you disparage a person publicly on a billboard. Don't get caught in a defamation of character lawsuit.

Advertisement
Back