NHL Official Fla Panthers Thread 2022-2023

Advertisement
I hope this team wakes up this morning and collectively knows and understands that they can win the whole ******* thing.

Don't play scared. Don't play tight.

They can really do it.

Lets ******* go.
Yeah, the Leafs don't scare me as much as the Rangers. We had a real problem with NY this year but the playoffs are a different animal in the NHL arena.

I think Fla can take the Leafs in 6, win on home ice and give the fans a major thrill. Bob is stopping enough pucks to give us a chance to win.
Alex can step in and win against the Leafs....I mean, ****. He held them to 1 goal up there. That's incredible goal tending.
Swaggy, Tkachuck, Sasha, Bennet, Montour (******* force du jour recently, the guy is emerging as one of the best defensemen in the league), Duclair stepping it up right now....cot **** man. Just walk in and Beat the Leafs in Game 1 and shut their obnoxious fans up.

Advertisement
Yeah, the Leafs don't scare me as much as the Rangers. We had a real problem with NY this year but the playoffs are a different animal in the NHL arena.

I think Fla can take the Leafs in 6, win on home ice and give the fans a major thrill. Bob is stopping enough pucks to give us a chance to win.
Alex can step in and win against the Leafs....I mean, ****. He held them to 1 goal up there. That's incredible goal tending.
Swaggy, Tkachuck, Sasha, Bennet, Montour (******* force du jour recently, the guy is emerging as one of the best defensemen in the league), Duclair stepping it up right now....cot **** man. Just walk in and Beat the Leafs in Game 1 and shut their obnoxious fans up.
No one scares me more than Tampa Bay and Colorado. Call it PTSD. Those are the two teams I never want to see in the playoffs.

If it is anyone else...

I truly believe this team is better than last year's team. It took this team a long time to learn, buy in, and play as a team under this Paul Maurice system...but I think you and I know that this team is THAT TEAM that is getting hot and jelling at the right time. Confidence is a dangerous thing and Game 6 and Game 7 was the first time I think I've ever seen a Florida Panthers team have confidence. They weren't the plucky upstarts or the team overwhelmed by the moment...finally a team that has been here and knows what the stakes are. Its very nice.

Key to Floria having any chance against Toronto, is not giving up penalties. Can't allow Toronto to get chances on the powerplay during season around 27% scoring on powerplay. If Florida can shut down their powerplay and take advantage of their defense which is their weakness then they can have a chance. They will need to be more physical and Tkachuk will be vital with his physicality. Toronto can be beat by being physical in the neutral zone and not allowing there skill players get comfortable in the offensive zone and limiting/ stopping their power play. Against tampa it fell around 14%. Stopping their skill players from getting set up past neutral zone will be key to series.

Tkachuk is key to series and not his goal scoring but being physical and disrupting the neutral zone. Obviously goaltending will be vitaly important.

Advertisement
You guys will score often on Samsonov. He had their biggest game against Tampa Saturday unfortunately but I don't think he's very good.
Hes young but I agree. Florida can score on him just have to create turnovers in neutral zone and get shots on him. The Tampa series going 7 games, although Florida went 7 as well, took a toll on him. Barkov needs to shoot more. He is a good set up playmaker, but he needs to shoot more. He gets a lot of chances 2 on 1, high slot. He always is pass first which is good, but he had some open lanes he can score in this series on samsonov. Have to get shots on him wear him out.

Hes young but I agree. Florida can score on him just have to create turnovers in neutral zone and get shots on him. The Tampa series going 7 games, although Florida went 7 as well, took a toll on him. Barkov needs to shoot more. He is a good set up playmaker, but he needs to shoot more. He gets a lot of chances 2 on 1, high slot. He always is pass first which is good, but he had some open lanes he can score in this series on samsonov. Have to get shots on him wear him out.
Absolutely Barkov had a two on one yesterday and didn't shoot. He's got to be more aggressive.

That's what ****es me off about Tampa sometimes. They get too cute and look for the perfect shot. Just shoot the puck.

Absolutely Barkov had a two on one yesterday and didn't shoot. He's got to be more aggressive.

That's what ****es me off about Tampa sometimes. They get too cute and look for the perfect shot. Just shoot the puck.
Ya I know what play you're talking about. I totally agree just shoot the puck. I really like Barkov, he's a great player but does get a little too cute/ pass happy he's just got to shoot. It was a great play, great patience drawing the defender over and gave him a clear lane to shoot but tried to make the late pass. Smart play but should have seen the lane open up and shoot.

Advertisement
Pasta got his chances, but either Bob stuffed him or he was back checked numerous times.

Further, there's a =/- metric as a team Boston was -28. That's NEGATIVE 28.
In contrast Florida was +66. PLUS 66.

Let that sink in.

The Boston Greatest Team Ever, Inevitable Stanley Cup Winner Bruins we -28 and Florida was POSITIVE 66.

They had 14 Even Strength Goals.
We had 20.

Aggression:
Florida had 17 takeaways, Boston ONLY 5.
Florida had only 9 giveaways.
Boston had a **** near playoff record 18.
Hits were virtually even.

Game. Set. Match.

Florida won in the 5on5 and it isn't even debatable.
Toronto is in for a series.

@DerpaDerp

bornskywalker-dap-me-up.gif

Bob was in his BAG tonight. Great team effort. First Game 1 victory in almost 30 years or some wild **** like that.

Advertisement
@DerpaDerp

bornskywalker-dap-me-up.gif

Bob was in his BAG tonight. Great team effort. First Game 1 victory in almost 30 years or some wild **** like that.
Game 1 only? We played like **** on Thursday night and STILL won. Toronto is a whiny bag of cat ****.
Bennett got fined $5k for his back check on the MaRple Lorfs player in front of the net. Same guy who took a 3 gamer for an intentional and vicious hit against Point, I think in the Tampa series?

Toronto is a skill team, they aren't tough. They went up 2-0 on Th and then Bob was like: **** that ****, I'm done if the defense isn't going to protect me. He was 28-0 after that. Nothing got past him. He's back in Vein trophy form, except now when it matters. PO time.

I see NHL Radio SXM is just aghast Fla won the game because the MoneyPuck metrics had Toronto off the charts in insane Expected Goals. Like 5 almost. I'm like...but how many got thru? That's the ultimate metric. And for the Leaves fans saying Bobrovsky can't continue at that level...well why not? ******* Oettinger is playing even better than he is! Bob is .904 for the Playoffs Oettinger is I think .912? .924? Why isn't anyone saying he can't keep that up? They aren't.

Look, we're in the catbird seat, Leaves are blown, but you have to step on the opponents throat when they are down and squeeze until their ******* eyes pop out.

D5SZxIkXsAExR01.jpg:large

Advertisement
Back