NHL Official Fla Panthers Thread 2022-2023

DerpaDerp

Herring, I need some
Season has been rough so far, but this road trip can be promising if they pull out Vegas tonight, a place they've never won.

So here we are, Go Cats! (Wife and I go to games so if you go, PM, we can have a beer before or after....or during)
National Hockey League GIF by Florida Panthers

Advertisement
Lost to Vegas, a team they've never beaten in Vegas. Go figure.
Bob wasn't actually bad tonight. He got hung out to dry on 2 break aways.
the 3rd Vegas goal was BS.

Should have been disallowed for interference. Montour didn't push him in, he was stopping and the other guy ran into the two of them full force. ******* hockey officials.

Goaltending hasn't been great, but it's really the lack of defensive responsibility and failure to backcheck by the forwards. As great as this team was in the 3rd period last year, they seem to be equally as bad this year. As usual, this organization can't get out of its own way....offloading Hubie and Weegs for a selfish one-way player will go down in the 'anals' of all-time horrible trades made by this organization, of which they've made numerous.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Not a Panthers fan, but one of my friends works in their hockey operations department and I've really enjoyed watching them the past few years. That said, what the **** is going on down there? I know Huberdeau was an excellent player but they have taken a massive step back in the standings.

But there is hope yet, they have some pretty strong expected GF/GA numbers at 5x5... which generally translates to the playoffs. As of Monday:

5v5 Goal Differential: +11 (t-10th)
5v5 xGF/60: 3.05 (3rd)
5v5 xGA/60: 2.58 (17th)
PP xGF/60: 8.84 (12th)
PK xGA/60: 7.5 (9th)

If they can get into the playoffs and find some goaltending, not many teams will be excited to draw the Panthers as a matchup for a series. Here's to hoping that they turn it around.

Not a Panthers fan, but one of my friends works in their hockey operations department and I've really enjoyed watching them the past few years. That said, what the **** is going on down there? I know Huberdeau was an excellent player but they have taken a massive step back in the standings.

But there is hope yet, they have some pretty strong expected GF/GA numbers at 5x5... which generally translates to the playoffs. As of Monday:

5v5 Goal Differential: +11 (t-10th)
5v5 xGF/60: 3.05 (3rd)
5v5 xGA/60: 2.58 (17th)
PP xGF/60: 8.84 (12th)
PK xGA/60: 7.5 (9th)

If they can get into the playoffs and find some goaltending, not many teams will be excited to draw the Panthers as a matchup for a series. Here's to hoping that they turn it around.
And you’re not a fan? Bro, that’s more than surface knowledge. Nice job by you.

The NHLs all time leader in losing Paul Maurice padding his stats this year, bizarre hiring from Zito, who after one year I thought Zito was going to be a good general manager, now not so sure. Maurice should have been fired a month ago. Meanwhile Colombus who fired his *** is much improved and their players have been taking subtle jabs at Maurice all year.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Zito really screwed up here hiring Paul Maurice and letting Andrew Brunette go. Terrible trade getting rid of Huberdeau in my opinion. The chemistry on this team sucks and the goaltender is sub par.

Zito really screwed up here hiring Paul Maurice and letting Andrew Brunette go. Terrible trade getting rid of Huberdeau in my opinion. The chemistry on this team sucks and the goaltender is sub par.
Brother brother...I don't think you understand how bad the Panthers would look right now if they had Huberdeau and Weeger instead of Matt Tkachuk. This might be a little dated (few weeks ago), but Tkachuk's value is more than double that of Huberdeau and Weeger combined.

The issues are (IMO) Paul Maurice...a career .500-ish coach over his nearly 30 year coaching career. This is him. Bringing - probably - good teams down to his level as a coach. The chemistry issues are coming from him, IMO.

...and Bob. He's being paid an extraordinary amount of money and he's one of the worst starting goaltenders in the NHL this year. 38th in save percentage and 38th in Goals Against and his contract is basically untradeable. No one is taking this bum for what he's being paid. He's been one of the weaker links on the team since he's gotten here. Even in crunch time...he had a bad habit of allowing some pretty untimely goals against.

Advertisement
Back