NHL Official Fla Panthers Thread 2022-2023

Advertisement
Beating up on Buffalo today. Good game from Bob so far, complete shut out, Panthers playing with energy and a sense of desperation. 5 points out. Time to rock it fellas.

Ice Hockey Sport GIF by NHL

Last edited:
If you pay attention to hockey at all, go to twitter and follow the Huberdeau trends. Calgary fans hate him. Soft, bad passing, ****** contract, overpaid, too little for too much.

This is one of the best trades Fla made. Weegar isn't working out for them either.

I love the energy Tkachuck-kaching brings every night. better overall player, better contract for us, longer term, and younger.

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKK

Worst officiated game in NHL history. They just wouldn't stop calling penalties and bull**** one's at that.

FU Toronto. Commie Canadiens.

Advertisement

The Florida Panthers had a lot to complain about following their 5-4 overtime loss Tuesdayto the Toronto Maple Leafs.

And Paul Maurice certainly let his be known.

Only his team showed a lot of fight, got some big goals early but could not get anything past Ilya Samsonov once he came out of the bullpen in the second period.

Florida chased Matt Murray after scoring four goals before the two-minute mark of the second period but Samsonov — who had flashes of brilliance for the Capitals in the playoffs last year before the Panthers figured him out — stopped all 11 shots he faced.

The Panthers only took four shots in the third period, one Toronto was buzzing in after William Nylander drew an early penalty shot.

The Lightning broke you all last year
Ummm, no, we've beaten the SC champions from last year in their crib, we trashed the Bruins 5-1 in Dec.

The problem, is either Paul Maurice the HC or the goalie coach.

Andrew B might have had 10 additional wins in hand by now. Not broken, dysfunctional.

Ummm, no, we've beaten the SC champions from last year in their crib, we trashed the Bruins 5-1 in Dec.

The problem, is either Paul Maurice the HC or the goalie coach.

Andrew B might have had 10 additional wins in hand by now. Not broken, dysfunctional.
The problem is Maurice and you are paying a brutal goalie $10 mil for the next 4 years.

Advertisement
I do believe that Brunette would have this team humming.

But the big issue with this incarnation of the Panthers wasn't their regular season acumen or output, it was the post-season. Huberdeau and Weeger were disappearing acts and net negatives for the Panthers in the playoffs. Matt Tkachuk was a hope to be a net positive, and he has. Brunette did a poor job in the playoffs. Maurice is obviously not the guy, he's a career .500 type coach and the team is playing like it. Change the coach, you'll start getting better results.

Bob...well...he CAN play...but man is he a headache.

Lets be fair to Bob though, he's being hung out to dry a lot of times because of mistakes on defense. I mean, no one has given up 5 on 5 breakaways like we have this year. Its just stupid the things and mistakes they've done on the ice. No one coaches that.

Panthers 6-2 over Canadiens.

Bob was hurt, no word I've seen on his injury or timeline if he's out.
Lyon came on and did a fine job holding Montreal off.
Panthers had a 5 goal second.

5 out of 6 points on this trip.
Funniest **** game I've seen in ages. At one point each team had 4 guys in the PB. It was full and **** was flying. Neither team likes the other it seems.

SO I had dinner with some friends, I pay them to be friends just for full disclosure,
anyway

and one of them said....and I quote:
what do you feel would happen if Fla reached the conf finals this year with Maurice as coach?

I laughed....but...its a legit question hypothetically. Leave your bias aside.

How would you feel if they made one more step and say barely lost. Beat Boston in 7. Beat Carolina, but lose to Tampa again say 4-2...in the CF.

Does he get fans off his back?

I'm just asking, don't speculate on the cause, its just a question.

Advertisement
Great game last night. Lost voice. Can't type.

The boys are playing lights out right now. I know I know, its too little too late.

The players disagree. Ran into Lomberg at a restaurant last night after. They seem psyched.
He said if they keep playing this way, the rest will take care of itself.

Losing to the stRangers like we did last night sucks.

Currently 3-3 end of 1 with ****tsburgh.

Lyon shows why he's a POS journeyman goalie with few games under his belt at the NHL level.

**** it at this point, throw in Spencer, he's backing up so move on with him. Tell Lyon his flight back to the AHL leaves in 30 min. Be on it.

Advertisement
Tampa is in Fla Panthers head tonight. Don't think Panthers can ever recover from this.
Happy Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

7-1 Panthers....7....against Vasilevsky

3 in a row. The game last night was wild.
2-1 before the 4m minor was given trying to give the Sharks the game.
The Staal swiped the puck twice shorthanded for back to back shorthanded goals.
never seen anything like it before in my life.
it started like this

then ended like this

and this

Advertisement
Back