Off Topic - Calvin Ridley's Camaro, courtesy of Alabama...

I have a source that said he works nights and weekends at the Waffle House to pay for that car.

Advertisement
Pell Grants do come to those with minimal means. If you were a dealership, wouldn't a full ride pell grant getting student athlete be your best customer? You know where they live. They have a nice down payment. Each semester they get the grant or loan. Its like loaning someone money who just had a bankruptcy discharged. They have no debt, and can't file for 10 years. Gold mine!

My niece played volleyball at WVU a few years ago. She said it was funny, all the freshman football players from Florida had new cars with West Virginia plates.

This crap happens all over.....

You guys ever see the players' parking lot at greentree? I have over the past 20 years and let's just say that bama ain't the only school doing that kind of stuff. Lulz

Im not mad we did this and we should do it if it means drive a new car in boring *** bama or drive a new car in ***** miami. We would get al the croots

Advertisement
My niece played volleyball at WVU a few years ago. She said it was funny, all the freshman football players from Florida had new cars with West Virginia plates.

This crap happens all over.....

Yup my boy was a kansas b ball recruit they bought him erthing, and o boy lives in the projects

These kids fill out FAFSAs. Some of them get Pell Grants. That is a grant for lower income students. It is possible these kids get refund checks back. And then they can take school loans out. School is free, so a little loan aint a big deal.

Ridley's car may have very well been paid for by Bama or their boosters. But this is also very possible.

I used to see football players at NIU driving around in Magnums and Chargers when they first became hot. And I know there were no big time players getting cars bought for them by boosters.

You should've seen some of the cars our players had back some years.

This very well may be his car or one he has access to and the OP's story/source true as well.

The OP has very few posts here and that's typically pointed out when they post something like he did. If it was I heard x, y, and z about Joe Yearby or some recruit, a lot of you would be on him like a fly on ****. Since the post suits the Bama / SEC hate, he's looked at as credible. Funny stuff.

Something else I find hysterical is some poster (I forget who) getting ****y saying people are defending Ridley and Bama. Further saying if it was one of our players, we'd call him out on getting paid, etc. LMFAO, that's downright hysterical and I don't have to say why.

Ridley is at least winning on the field and possibly off of it. Seems he made a good call to go there.

Last edited:
These kids fill out FAFSAs. Some of them get Pell Grants. That is a grant for lower income students. It is possible these kids get refund checks back. And then they can take school loans out. School is free, so a little loan aint a big deal.

A pell grant is maximum $5500 a year depending on your parents income. So over 4 years that's 22,000 if they pocket every bit of it, so that's a possibility

Advertisement

Ridley's car may have very well been paid for by Bama or their boosters. But this is also very possible.

I used to see football players at NIU driving around in Magnums and Chargers when they first became hot. And I know there were no big time players getting cars bought for them by boosters.

You should've seen some of the cars our players had back some years.

This very well may be his car or one he has access to and the OP's story/source true as well.

The OP has very few posts here and that's typically pointed out when they post something like he did. If it was I heard x, y, and z about Joe Yearby or some recruit, a lot of you would be on him like a fly on ****. Since the post suits the Bama / SEC hate, he's looked at as credible. Funny stuff.

Something else I find hysterical is some poster (I forget who) getting ****y saying people are defending Ridley and Bama. Further saying if it was one of our players, we'd call him out on getting paid, etc. LMFAO, that's downright hysterical and I don't have to say why.

Ridley is at least winning on the field and possibly off of it. Seems he made a good call to go there.
I think the main issue here is pointing out the hypocrisy of the NCAA, ESPN and pretty much every sports media outlet. They were ready to give the Miami program the death penalty because one dude bought a couple drinks and lapdances for a few players. Meanwhile, there's blatant disregard for NCAA bylaws at other schools and nobody seems to care. Personally, I don't care if Alabama wants to buy Camaros for their players. Just so long as nobody tries to punish Miami when similar situations happen here.

You guys ever see the players' parking lot at greentree? I have over the past 20 years and let's just say that bama ain't the only school doing that kind of stuff. Lulz

allen bailey had a donk before i knew that donks were a thing. the rims went up to my waist.

Advertisement
Anyone who thinks SEC kids don't get more money than Miami kids is insane.

Doesn't mean we or other non-SEC schools are perfect. They got it all down to a science down there. They also have money more to throw around, and they are big state schools with bigger alumni networks that dominate areas of their states. So they can do more, easier. It is what it is. Our advantage is the local recruitng base. They got their advantages too.

Advertisement
This doesn't bother me a bit. I'm anti-paying players because it would completely eliminate all but the elite programs from ever having a shot at competing, but in this scenario the 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 percent of players who actually generate money for college players are getting perks for that.

So many people want to make sweeping changes with the NCAA based on a microscopic percentage of players who are actual stars and actually sell jerseys at like 40 schools in America. You don't create guidelines and changes based on the outliers of a population.

So many people want to make sweeping changes with the NCAA based on a microscopic percentage of players who are actual stars and actually sell jerseys at like 40 schools in America. You don't create guidelines and changes based on the outliers of a population.

BS!!!

You can pay every scholarship player at Alabama $40-45K a year, and they still wouldn't make as much as Nick Saban...COMBINED!!! The only thing paying players threatens, is these ridiculous administrative & coaching salaries.

This is really a Bama thing, not an SEC thing. Spurrier always made remarks about how Bama's scholarships were worth a lot more than his. Fulmer went above and beyond to get them hit with probation by outing their dirty practices, it's been happening for years. Nothing will be done though because they're the football equivalent of Duke, Kentucky, or North Carolina basketball. No team, SEC or otherwise, gets away with the things they get away with.

And they never outright buy these cars for recruits, that isn't how it works. Instead what they'll do is allow players to trade in their cars for new ones, loan it to them on an extremely generous deal, or pay them to 'work' there and assign them employee cars. This is basically what Oklahoma got popped on a few years back with Rhett Bomar.

Yea this happens a lot also. I knew kids who were getting $4k or more every semester who would just use it to splurge. Players don't have to pay for anything so the stipend they get is all pocket change. Most blow it on clothes, tats, etc.

Advertisement
Back