Off Topic - Calvin Ridley's Camaro, courtesy of Alabama...

KtrainHurricane

Recruit
Not sure if anyone else has seen this or if anyone even cares, but below is a picture of the car that Alabama bought for Calvin Ridley. A friend of mine went to school with Calvin and his brother and knows the family...it has come straight from them that this car was purchased for him by the school in order to go there.

We all know that this is common with the "big" schools and their bag men, but I still find it interesting to see confirmed cases like this...

Advertisement
Advertisement
The kids (and their families) take out loans with the promise that they will be paid back if they don't make the league. Well, that and they get **** discounted rates on those autos.

'Suitgate' at Alabama, where the dude who owned the store traded high-end suits for memorabilia and such, ****ed some of the big boosters off so much because they considered it unnecessary, something that could actually get them in trouble. The system they have set up now is a perfect loophole that only a few big-money schools can pull off.

Trust me where his parents stay no way in **** they got it. He's from Lincoln park but hey none of my business

Advertisement
They bought a red one for Derrick Henry when he signed. Alabama's players lot is loaded with tricked out cars

Advertisement
They bought a red one for Derrick Henry when he signed. Alabama's players lot is loaded with tricked out cars

Same stuff happens at Tennessee.. A couple kids I train don't get paid but they say guys come in with new electronics, clothes, jewelry, always have cash in their pockets, a few cases of them having nice cars you wouldn't imagine them having.

But of course they say that those guys never say anything about being paid and are pretty shady about all of that. Also it's typically only 4-5 star recruits as you would imagine

A FN Camaro? LOL... Lemonier vette blew that shiat away.

I dont think cars are that hard to get. Especially a camaro. Credit card a lease to death and you can get thru three years. He may end up paying 50 Gs for that 35K car but who gives shiat when your about to have a 6 figure paycheck.

Same stuff happens at Tennessee.. A couple kids I train don't get paid but they say guys come in with new electronics, clothes, jewelry, always have cash in their pockets, a few cases of them having nice cars you wouldn't imagine them having.

But of course they say that those guys never say anything about being paid and are pretty shady about all of that. Also it's typically only 4-5 star recruits as you would imagine

What I've always found amazing is how some of these top recruits who get paid that don't pan out or get kicked out never seem to come out to the press and expose these schools once they're done.You would think some of them or their families would be bitter but everything has bee kept quiet for years.

Advertisement
This is a switch. The Ford dealership in Tuscaloosa used to be the go to car dealer for high end croots and their parents. Looks like Chevy got the business now.

Why is it every time a player signs with the $ec, people always assume he got a car, suits, credit cards, cash, an apartment, a job for his family? Guys just love the $ec, it's the best. They'll even adopt you.

These kids fill out FAFSAs. Some of them get Pell Grants. That is a grant for lower income students. It is possible these kids get refund checks back. And then they can take school loans out. School is free, so a little loan aint a big deal.

Advertisement
Back