Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
Of those listed, is this basically a race to who says “Yes” first?

1701705945619.png

Be curious to see the boards of:

OSU
FSU
Oregon

What other programs at our level or higher are looking for a starter at QB from the portal?

Etc.
OSU
FSU
Oregon
USC? (risk losing Malachi Nelson if they take a transfer)
Washington - Rogers?
Auburn -
South Carolina -
Notre Dame - Leonard?
Michigan State - Chiles?
NC State - McCall?

I'm taking it easy on Pratt because he was banged up a lot this year and didn't have his same athleticism at times. He also lost 2 of his top 3 receivers from 2022.

I think he's better than he looked this year.. where he had 2,400 yards, 22 TDs, 5 picks and ran for 300 yards with 5 TDs

If that's his floor (and I think it is) ... I want it.
Not giving Pratt any excuses either but if u watched his o line omg I understand him wanting to get out of there any way possible would take him here

Advertisement
Not giving Pratt any excuses either but if u watched his o line omg I understand him wanting to get out of there any way possible would take him here
Timing is ideal. I've seen him compared to Nix and thought him going to Oregon would be tempting. So many options, Oregon probably gets another guy and we can close up with Pratt.

Advertisement
Bo Nix was a bust at Auburn and went to Oregon and look at him now. Penix wasn’t considered draftable before he went to UDub. He’s in the CFP now.

This is where I stand as well. Many of the top QBs in the country transferred and we probably laughed at the thought of them being successful in their new landing spot. Some of them very young at their first stop while others excelled with better teams.

I wouldn't mind Baby Tua at all. He might be the most easily recruited to UM with his brother nearby. Also he's not been in the best situation at Maryland and even with that he's thrown only 2 more interceptions than TVD the last 2 years in 242 more passes.

He and Ward are likely the best ‘playmakers.’ Should be a fascinating choice depending on who are real options vs who Mario prefers. To me, Pratt is likely a Mario guy. Howard looks like the classic technically sound Dawson preference. I doubt we’ll ever know the specifics BTS, but I’d love to hear the arguments for/against different QBs.
no idea how likely it is (perhaps not very) but it'd be nice to keep jacurri if we bring in howard, imo. they'll be able to run the same type of stuff and if howard goes down the offense won't need to change- plus it's possible jacurri could start in 25 as a bridge to a young guy like nickel.

Advertisement
Sifting through the pages and reading the tea leaves, I feel Mario and Dawson go with Howard or baby Tua.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back