Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
Everyone was granted an extra year of eligibility in 2020 regardless of redshirt, which is why Nix got to play a 5th year while playing in 4 or more games every year since his true freshman season

Taulia only played in 4 in 2020, meaning he has a 6th year of eligibility since he used his redshirt that season.

D’Eriq also used his shirt in 2019 and got a 6th year in 2021

Take Covid year out. They have 5 years to play 4 if they RS. Taulia and Nix did not RS so they only could play 4.

Now since 2020 was a free year, they could play 5 not 6.

Advertisement
Not that we can’t win with either of the 6, but the bottom two are glorified game managers to me (especially Pratt), and Rogers needs a more open system. I’m not sure how much more of Pratt we need to see to realize he’s just nothing special at all.

Miami is not in a position to have a game manager at QB. In 2025 or 2026, maybe Pratt would work.

The other 4 I think can get us to 9, maybe 10 with some good bounces + other portal additions.

Advertisement
Pratt is at minimum on a Will Howard level. Better than Taulia too.

Definitely behind Ward and Gabriel.
I disagree based on what my eyes saw the last four games against G5 competition (and below mediocre defenses at that) + KSt film in 2022 and a handful of other games, but I understand the rationale.

Advertisement
Not that we can’t win with either of the 6, but the bottom two are glorified game managers to me (especially Pratt), and Rogers needs a more open system. I’m not sure how much more of Pratt we need to see to realize he’s just nothing special at all.

Miami is not in a position to have a game manager at QB. In 2025 or 2026, maybe Pratt would work.

The other 4 I think can get us to 9, maybe 10 with some good bounces + other portal additions.
Id put rogers higher just based on fit in our system but yea im not super high on Pratt, he has good qualities but i think we can do better.

My main want is someone who can just make plays on their own

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back