Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Timing and anticipation is the name of his game. Both things we need with our passing concepts. That and when he’s protected he’s absolutely surgical. His problem at Maryland was that he never was but when he got time they were as explosive as any offense. Very good at RPO’s as well. Just love his fit
Man, you can't get me excited like this. Too many years of talking up a guy only to have him go somewhere else. Love the eval though as we know he would have a great OL and solid run game to work with here.

Advertisement
We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
I just don't get the Pratt love, guy looks mediocre to me.

Advertisement
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.

Can you explain / know why Taulia would be granted a waiver? Lots of misinfo being thrown around about his situation so wondering if you knew what his appeal would even be.

Advertisement
Of those 5, one is not like the others. But credit to staff for being aggressive because they need to be. Let’s close

Advertisement
It is very confusing if 2020 had Redshirts or not since everyone was given another year.

2019-Bama did not RS
2020-Covid-Soph
2021-Soph
2022-Jr
2023-Sr

Since he did not Redshirt, I do not see how he has another year left.
He started 4 games during the COVID year, so that would be his redshirt making him a 6th year senior this upcoming season

Advertisement
He started 4 games during the COVID year, so that would be his redshirt making him a 6th year senior this upcoming season

I believe 2020 was basically Free/Redshirt year for everyone. I believe if he RS in 2019 he would have a 6th year. I need to search another 2019 QB.

Box Nix is out of eligibility and think he was '19 QB.

Advertisement
Back