Now that some of the Portal news is out of the bag

Advertisement
Maybe, but he's proven to be very aggressive when it comes to talent acquisition

The expectations in Year 3 will be ramped up, so I agree Mario needs to go get his top 1 or 2 options

But, if you’re judging Mario objectively, and particularly at the QB position, he’s guessed wrong

Spending big to retain TVD
Not bringing in any real competition
Not bringing in a real backup QB

Look, I hope we land a top notch QB, but until it happens I’m not gonna fool myself into believing Mario has this long history of acquiring good QBs

Advertisement
taulia in our offense should be the number 1 target.

Taulia is TVD from the islands. Taulia Van Dyke. He’s better, don’t get me wrong, but I’m talking on the inconsistency side. He will make a throw that will have you picking up your jaw off the floor then the next play you’re not sure if he has ever played the sport before. VERY boom or bust. Again, TVD-like. But much more athletic and an upgrade, but imo this team needs a consistent playmaker. JMO.

I'm taking it easy on Pratt because he was banged up a lot this year and didn't have his same athleticism at times. He also lost 2 of his top 3 receivers from 2022.

I think he's better than he looked this year.. where he had 2,400 yards, 22 TDs, 5 picks and ran for 300 yards with 5 TDs

If that's his floor (and I think it is) ... I want it.
I went to Tulane and watched a decent amount this year. Something was largely off with them throughout the year, despite getting wins. He was banged up, skill position guys were not as good, their OL was abysmal against SMU (and others), and then Fritz was clearly distracted with the Houston process. If you get 2022 Pratt, we are cooking. If we get, 2023, it is a little unknown. However there is no chance he stays at Tulane. It would make no sense on any level.

Advertisement
the downside of getting these high profile "rental" QB's is that they typically will choose the least of path resistance and the most sure successful destination - Oregon, Ohio State, USC, Miss state (lebby), FSU now (13-0) etc.

we're making progress but we're about to finish 8-5

I can see that it might be an uphill battle to land a cam ward type, but I'm warming up to a Dante Moore uber talented younger guy type

Taulia is TVD from the islands. Taulia Van Dyke. He’s better, don’t get me wrong, but I’m talking on the inconsistency side. He will make a throw that will have you picking up your jaw off the floor then the next play you’re not sure if he has ever played the sport before. VERY boom or bust. Again, TVD-like. But much more athletic and an upgrade, but imo this team needs a consistent playmaker. JMO.
If they’re in the portal they’re not a consistent playmaker says the star formerly known as southparkcane

Advertisement
We have had contact with Will Howard, Cam Ward and Dillon Gabriel. Dawson visited Howard last week in Kansas. Don’t think we will go after Rogers from Mississippi State.

If Michael Pratt enters the Portal or Taulia Tagavoila gets a 6th year/enters the Portal, I would expect us to have significant interest in both.
Good thing he’s not in the war room. Someone has to be outside the bunker and out in the streets.

Advertisement
Lot of people hyping up Cam Ward but don't want to mention that he's fumbled 31 times in the last 3 years and lost 14 of them.

15 total turnovers this season.

Pass. Good arm talent but something is lacking with those trends in ball security. Miami isn't winning 10 games on the back of someone that loses the ball half the time he's touched.

For comparison - Gabriel has 20 fumbles in 5 years and lost 8 of them. Only lost 2 this year.

edit to add: not pass entirely but he’s lower on my list than others for that reason

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back