Note on Jeremiah Payton

imo if we accept Dunmore's commitment it would mean we are dropping Breion Fuller.

I don't see us taking 4 WRs in this class unless 3 things happen. 1. they are 100% sure Ahmmon Richards is leaving, 2. Deejay Dallas will be a full time RB (or DB I guess), 3. And we only take 1 TE.
Otherwise it just doesn't make sense to take more than 3 WRs. And Ladson and Payton will have commtable offers until NSD.
I’ll take that trade all day. I think Fuller might not be in the class

The receiver group needs to be made up of Payton, Ladson, Dunmore. Really need to only take 2 but can stretch it with 3 in Dunmore. Because numbers wise we possibly could lose 4 receivers this season in richards(if he has an amazing season), dayall Harris, cager and langham

Last edited:
Advertisement
For all of you trying to **** on Breion Fuller, jump off the bridge now.

Kid is a freak, too. This is what happens when people have never seen a player live...they just go off of the hype or ratings. Make no mistake about it, Fuller is an animal.

You take all 3 in my opinion, and also Dunmore if he wants in.

Yeah he’s much rather in the tc/ps2 camp than jobe. But we will land him I think. He clearly loves the attention though

He's not like PS2 or TC at all. Especially TC, who just got bought.

He actually seems a lot like his brother, who almost went to Auburn/Bama too. He's a 5* talent who we have the inside track on thanks to his brother. With TC and PS2 we were dealing with kids who never even grew up Canes fans.

My only worry with Richards is that we keep telling him we want him at DB, and he might actually want to play RB/WR

Kid is a freak, too. This is what happens when people have never seen a player live...they just go off of the hype or ratings. Make no mistake about it, Fuller is an animal.

You really think fuller is in the same category as Ladson or Payton? Idk about all that

Taking 4 WR, regardless of their talent, would be the dumbest decision we could make. We despartely need OL and defensive players, we don't need 13 WR

Advertisement
We just pulled the best wr class in the country. If we get Payton and ladson then we did it again.. (also arguably did with '16 despite how they turned out )

Offensive guys can recruit

He's not like PS2 or TC at all. Especially TC, who just got bought.

He actually seems a lot like his brother, who almost went to Auburn/Bama too. He's a 5* talent who we have the inside track on thanks to his brother. With TC and PS2 we were dealing with kids who never even grew up Canes fans.

My only worry with Richards is that we keep telling him we want him at DB, and he might actually want to play RB/WR

If we lose a 5* legacy because of the position he wants to play im done. Just tell him what he wants to hear & get his *** signed.

You really think fuller is in the same category as Ladson or Payton? Idk about all that

Yes, I do. Fuller is just as gifted and is not playing games like Ladson.

You take the guy that is already onboard and also very gifted and not vice versa. This bites us in the *** every recruiting cycle. See Asante Samuels as the latest example.

Advertisement

Hes not far off enough those two push for a decommit at this point. Kid has skills and hes committed. If dougans can get 2 of the big 3 to commit (adding dunmore) then the fuller situation will play out.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I’ll take that trade all day. I think Fuller might not be in the class

The receiver group needs to be made up of Payton, Ladson, Dunmore. Really need to only take 2 but can stretch it with 3 in Dunmore. Because numbers wise we possibly could lose 4 receivers this season in richards(if he has an amazing season), dayall Harris, cager and langham

I agree 2-3 Wrs. Don't really mind which, but imo if we get Ladson and Payton the 3rd has to be reserved for someone the staff really loves. If thats Dunmore, I'm cool with it. I honestly wouldn't mind taking a flier on Charles Njoku though if that 3rd spot is open, that family's genes are just too good. Otherwise we need as many scholarships spots for the defense as possilble. I'd hope we limit the scholarships to 12 on Offense.

Completely doubt Cager leaves entering his senior season if Ahmmon declared early. He'd be a senior in line for likely more PT competing against a bunch of underclassman for his WR spot (Hightower and like Njoku would be his biggest threats). And dude just straight up seems like a Cane. If Ahmmon stays I guess I could see him going though... Either way we're likely to have 3 leaving, which means we only need 3 coming in max since we are already at the ideal number depth wise (just guys like Langham and Harris aren't exactly Miami caliber, but they're leaving anyways).

If we lose a 5* legacy because of the position he wants to play im done. Just tell him what he wants to hear & get his *** signed.
well plus dude is a take at literally any position he wants to play. I'd absolutely take him at RB/WR/S over a guy that otherwise would have that position. Dude is legit that talented. Dude is 100% an athlete

Advertisement
Back