Note on Jeremiah Payton

Advertisement
Advertisement
How many actual commits did we lose last cycle? You guys act like sissies.
Understand where you're coming from but my question wasn't based on last cycle or any cycle before that. It was based on the fact that Payton has been quoted a number of times that he covets an offer from Clemson and is infatuated with how they utilize there offense.

Why? It's February 2018. Please answer the question. I'm not trying to be a ****, just want to know why the urgency.

Go Canes!
Because getting a top commit in the class early will get more guys to buy in and commit and want to be great. Main motivation for kids nowadays is winning a natty and getting all the exposure that comes with it. Its why the staff got on Lingard early to commit and be the face of the class. You get the right guy to commit early, they form a group chat, build chemistry, recruiting class ranking goes up which looks good when pitching the other recruits. Just has a lot of pros and very little cons.

Advertisement
How many actual commits did we lose last cycle? You guys act like sissies.

Exactly.I can only remember one recruit last year..Jobe....you can’t count TC or PS2 or any of the others that just went elsewhere.You can’t lose what was never yours to begin with.

Richt has done a good job of holding on to kids he actually gets to commit to us.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Because getting a top commit in the class early will get more guys to buy in and commit and want to be great. Main motivation for kids nowadays is winning a natty and getting all the exposure that comes with it. Its why the staff got on Lingard early to commit and be the face of the class. You get the right guy to commit early, they form a group chat, build chemistry, recruiting class ranking goes up which looks good when pitching the other recruits. Just has a lot of pros and very little cons.

I agree, winning and exposure. So what does getting a kid to commit for 2019 do for you on the field in 2018? The guys that are now Canes are more important than anyone being recruited for 2019. We faded down the stretch last year and that cost us 1 big recruit. I want to win Sept-Jan, especially January. My $0.02.

Go Canes!

We need a big name like him to get the ball rolling.

Personally I hope we show WRs some footage of Clemson. Their offensive scheme sucks. If you want to run curls for half the game, go play WR at Clemson.

I have a strong feeling that a commitment from Payton could come this week. He will be on this week with his parents. Sources close to Payton have told me that Miami has been in the lead for a very long time in his recruitment and they wouldn't be surprised if he pulls the trigger this week and commits to Miami.

Don't worry, he'll have plenty of time to flip to bama or uf.

Advertisement
Back