Note about Chestnut

1250 yards against lower level competition and Collins is the best in the country? I say BS to that. He was going to be pretty good, not on Dukes level. What I saw of Dillard live, I would have sent him to WM. We have one kid to back up Duke at best. I hope the kid from NY signs up, still not excited about him either.

Guys you also have to put this into perspective. Collins, I believe, is the best RB in the Country. Whatever you want say about his competition, it doesn't change his abilities as a runner. Chestnut is absolutely a backup plan. The question is how good of a backup plan is he? Where as there is no doubt Alex would have been Dukes relief from day 1, Chestnut would not be. He'll probably serve as depth to Dillard (who isn't bad by the way). Just make sure we keep this in perspective. Add Sony or Cook next year & w(atch)tf out!

I still think St Juste needs to be brought in this class. Kid is fast as **** and after going through UTough and getting some of the college speed he'll be dangerous. There are only so many really skilled players on the average defense so when you overload them with that kind skill players on offense points are going on the board.

Advertisement
No one (at lost not me) is saying that Chestnut is better than Collins. However, holding your nose up at the numbers Chestnut put up in 8A Dade County football and saying Collins would crush those numbers is pretty uninformed.

Collins is better but Chestnut is a rock solid back. I would be shocked if he is not highly productive in college. He's not in the Duke/Collins/Cook/Michel class but he has tremendous feet and can run. Don't see us taking him with Edwards looking good but he can play here.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if he has a better college career than Joe Yearby.

Guys you also have to put this into perspective. Collins, I believe, is the best RB in the Country. Whatever you want say about his competition, it doesn't change his abilities as a runner. Chestnut is absolutely a backup plan. The question is how good of a backup plan is he? Where as there is no doubt Alex would have been Dukes relief from day 1, Chestnut would not be. He'll probably serve as depth to Dillard (who isn't bad by the way). Just make sure we keep this in perspective. Add Sony or Cook next year & w(atch)tf out!

I still think St Juste needs to be brought in this class. Kid is fast as **** and after going through UTough and getting some of the college speed he'll be dangerous. There are only so many really skilled players on the average defense so when you overload them with that kind skill players on offense points are going on the board.

Loved St. Juste. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to find a spot for a few backup guys tomorrow. Teraz McCray Wednesday.

Advertisement
From what I saw on the tapes so far, I still like Tice by a hair over Chestnut. Is Collins a hair better at this point? Yes Does he have more potential? Yes But up to this point against weaker competition he hasn't show me he is a great back like Duke. Duke had almost as many yards in I think 4 playoff games than collins did all season. Duke did it against top Competition I was there for one of them. Collins would have been a back up to Duke for as many years Duke was here. Sorry to say there was no DJ anywhere in sf this year. I'm hoping next year there is one that can hold his jock strap. Just watching that kid play is worth the ticket cost, we are the luckiest team in the country to have him.

Matt Dayes
Daryl Chestnut
Lorenzo Woodley
Fred Coppet
Darius Tice
Hosey Williams

Maybe someone else.

One or even two of those will have at least a 1000 yards somewhere.

Last edited:
I haven't seen St. Juste, does he have any film?

Loved St. Juste. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to find a spot for a few backup guys tomorrow. Teraz McCray Wednesday.

Sure does. Looks like he's been sped up while the opposition looks like it's been slowed down. Very football fast guy. Small, but looks like a football player to me.

Look in the first post in this thread

http://canesinsight.com/showthread....ocemy-St-Juste-RB&highlight=diocemy+st.+juste

Advertisement
Collins= over rated I have said it from the beginning. Couldn't hold Dukes jock strap. Collins would have ran for 2000 my ***.He couldn't do it against much less competition. He would have been up against much bigger faster kids. He should have been domination that division and he didn't. I still say over rated, have from the beginning. Duke would have gotten 2000 on either team with less carries.

If Collins played for Columbus he would have ran for 2,000. End Threada.

High Schools, especially is his division, don't have D1 OL's... Take that into account before making that statement. Collins is the best RB in the country PERIOD. I've been around enough of them to know what one looks like trust me.

Sure does. Looks like he's been sped up while the opposition looks like it's been slowed down. Very football fast guy. Small, but looks like a football player to me.

His gate (running) & his cuts remind me so much of Devin Hester. YouTube them both & tell me I'm lying!

Collins= over rated I have said it from the beginning. Couldn't hold Dukes jock strap. Collins would have ran for 2000 my ***.He couldn't do it against much less competition. He would have been up against much bigger faster kids. He should have been domination that division and he didn't. I still say over rated, have from the beginning. Duke would have gotten 2000 on either team with less carries.

High Schools, especially is his division, don't have D1 OL's... Take that into account before making that statement. Collins is the best RB in the country PERIOD. I've been around enough of them to know what one looks like trust me.

Don't get me wrong, I like Collins a lot, but if that's the case it's a down year for RBs.

Advertisement
Collins is better but Chestnut is a rock solid back. I would be shocked if he is not highly productive in college. He's not in the Duke/Collins/Cook/Michel class but he has tremendous feet and can run. Don't see us taking him with Edwards looking good but he can play here.

Honestly, I would not be surprised if he has a better college career than Joe Yearby.

so he's basically Mike James redux? Nothing wrong with that, at all. And again, we're talking about being a compliment to Duke, not having to be a franchise back....

See here's the thing with Collins & Duke. They're two completely different style of RB's. Collins is a one cut & off tackle RB. Duke is best outside because of his vision stop/start abilities. They would've complimented each other to perfection. Sorry that's just the way I see it.

Advertisement
See here's the thing with Collins & Duke. They're two completely different style of RB's. Collins is a one cut & off tackle RB. Duke is best outside because of his vision stop/start abilities. They would've complimented each other to perfection. Sorry that's just the way I see it.

Smh Duke is a very good runner between the tackles. I wish people would stop acting like this kid is some type of scat back because he's not 220 lbs.

Who is that in your avatar? A young Brett The Hitman Hart?

I agree both lines are smaller and slower so are the rest of the players on the teams. He should have dominated, he didn't. Did he have some great runs? Sure he did, so didn't Tice and Chestnut against much better faster bigger players. Many of them Division 1 players next year. No way in **** he would have been my top rb in the country, not even in Florida. 1250 yards against average teams, Duke did close to that against 4 top playoff teams, Collins isn't close to Duke and he probably knew it. JMO, He doesn't look 207 pounds either, his arms look like sticks, lol But to be honest, I have not seen or stood next to him. Good luck against Bama, LSU ect, should be interesting.

I think Chestnut is legit....i would take him any day over Darius Tice.

Miami doesnt have many options left i guess b/c Golden really thought Collins was going to recommit so Chestnut should be the next option IMO.

Advertisement
Back