Note about Chestnut

Begs the question why did we not offer him?

I notice some of you are calling him a "Plan C" or even "G" type of kid. I can assure you that Chestnut is Miami caliber and is a good D1 runningback. Granted Collins' skillset is superior to Chestnut, but let me give you this stat Collins rushed for 1276 yards against mediocre competition with schools like Nova, Stranahan, and Hallandale. Chestnut ran for 1206 on less carries and tougher competition such as Central, Northwestern, Aquinas and Killian. While the skill levels are different, Chestnut in no way shape or form should be considered a "Bad" or "Mediocre" runningback

Limited numbers, meaning only one RB and staff felt good about Collins.

Advertisement
Anyone know what this means?

AGPMCGZc4tL6AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
GeoffVogt16
In the spirit of Raph Andrades, Dan Hicks, and Teraz McCray. RB Daryl Chestnut. RB Matthew Dayes. RB Lorenzo Woodley. OL Nick Haynes.
2/5/13 8:31 PM

Advertisement
Advertisement
I wonder how many of the same dudes who are constantly crying about not offering Skai Moore (he didn't have an offer from the state's big 3 either) are bummed out because we're interested in a guy (Chestnut) who doesn't have offers from the big 3.

Let's not forget that Chestnut put up 10/carry against the top ***gots Dade County has to offer. That's pretty insane football production right there. Tells me the dude's a football player. Maybe he doesn't have the best measurables, but 10/carry is nutso.

Guys you also have to put this into perspective. Collins, I believe, is the best RB in the Country. Whatever you want say about his competition, it doesn't change his abilities as a runner. Chestnut is absolutely a backup plan. The question is how good of a backup plan is he? Where as there is no doubt Alex would have been Dukes relief from day 1, Chestnut would not be. He'll probably serve as depth to Dillard (who isn't bad by the way). Just make sure we keep this in perspective. Add Sony or Cook next year & w(atch)tf out!

I still think St Juste needs to be brought in this class. Kid is fast as **** and after going through UTough and getting some of the college speed he'll be dangerous. There are only so many really skilled players on the average defense so when you overload them with that kind skill players on offense points are going on the board.

Last edited:
Guys you also have to put this into perspective. Collins I believe is the best RB in the Country. Whatever you want to at bout his competition, it doesn't change his abilities as a runner. Chestnut is absolutely a backup plan. The question is how good of a backup plan is he? Where as there is no doubt Alex would have been Dukes relief from day 1, Chestnut would not be. He'll probably serve as depth to Dillard (who isn't bad by the way). Just make sure we keep this in perspective. Add Sony or Cook next year & w(atch)tf out!

I still think St Juste needs to be brought in this class. Kid is fast as **** and after going through UTough and getting some of the college speed he'll be dangerous. There are only so many really skilled players on the average defense so when you overload them with that kind skill players on offense points are going on the board.

completely forgot about St. Juste. His tape was pretty awesome.

The Columbus bias around here is staggering. We are raiding Western Michigan after missing out on Collins. How is this anything other than a back up plan?

**** is getting really, really ******* bad, so people are trying to delude themselves.

Advertisement
Collins= over rated I have said it from the beginning. Couldn't hold Dukes jock strap. Collins would have ran for 2000 my ***.He couldn't do it against much less competition. He would have been up against much bigger faster kids. He should have been domination that division and he didn't. I still say over rated, have from the beginning. Duke would have gotten 2000 on either team with less carries.

If Collins played for Columbus he would have ran for 2,000. End Threada.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Matt Dayes
Daryl Chestnut
Lorenzo Woodley
Fred Coppet
Darius Tice
Hosey Williams

Maybe someone else.

One or even two of those will have at least a 1000 yards somewhere.

Last edited:
I notice some of you are calling him a "Plan C" or even "G" type of kid. I can assure you that Chestnut is Miami caliber and is a good D1 runningback. Granted Collins' skillset is superior to Chestnut, but let me give you this stat Collins rushed for 1276 yards against mediocre competition with schools like Nova, Stranahan, and Hallandale. Chestnut ran for 1206 on less carries and tougher competition such as Central, Northwestern, Aquinas and Killian. While the skill levels are different, Chestnut in no way shape or form should be considered a "Bad" or "Mediocre" runningback

You wouldn't happen to be related to a Michael Bakas, would you?

Advertisement
Back