Note about Chestnut

solid kid...watched him play a couple times. Cant deny the fact that he put up yards against solid competition.

Calling him a plan C is not right...i understand he is not Collins...but then again, Collins is a male cheerleader that wants to go to imbred county to wear pig hats and run around in corn fields.

Hope he chooses the []_[]

Advertisement
Offers from WVU, KState, NC State, Okie St. Why'd he commit to Western Michigan?

Maybe it had to do with what position they wanted him at? He's not a big back, so maybe they wanted him at different positions and he wanted a place that would let him play RB?

Offers from WVU, KState, NC State, Okie St. Why'd he commit to Western Michigan?

Maybe it had to do with what position they wanted him at? He's not a big back, so maybe they wanted him at different positions and he wanted a place that would let him play RB?

So his best option to play RB at the next level is Western Michigan? That doesn't worry any of you?

He's definitely a back up plan, but he's a talented back up plan that produced against the toughest competition in Dade County. There's a lot to like.

So his best option to play RB at the next level is Western Michigan? That doesn't worry any of you?

Dont know bruh, Im just speculating. Maybe the kid had grade issues, maybe he was vacillating. Maybe he waited too long to pull the trigger, maybe they were conditional offers. We dont know.

Advertisement

No. Once upon a time Troy Davis tore it up down here and then went to Iowa effing State. Then he became one of the greatest collegiate running backs of all time. You never know.

No. Once upon a time Troy Davis tore it up down here and then went to Iowa effing State. Then he became one of the greatest collegiate running backs of all time. You never know.

Iowa St is still FAR greater than Western Michigan

The ravens just won a super bowl with ray rice and bernard peirce who if we signed them out of hs our fans would have been like "WTF". Rashawn Scott before his troubles was blossoming into our best receiver last year. No one even knew who he was when he committed.

I get the point you're making about the ability of the staff to evaluate and coach, but IMO, that was Lewis prior to his injury. Still, Lewis wasn't highly recruited either, was he?

Iowa St is still FAR greater than Western Michigan

WVU, KState, OSU WMU, throw them all in a hat and pick one. Maybe at Western Michigan he knew he could come in and start right away.
Who knows? I do know he would look great as a Hurricane.

Advertisement
I'm with Jay on this. If he has essentially the same skill set as Collins, why isn't USF all over him, let alone FSU or UF? And did he even take an official visit to us? Not that an official visit is essential, but still, if the staff thought he was all that, knowing that Collins was not a sure-thing, why are we just now hearing that UM has interest in him?

I'm with Jay on this. If he has essentially the same skill set as Collins, why isn't USF all over him, let alone FSU or UF? And did he even take an official visit to us? Not that an official visit is essential, but still, if the staff thought he was all that, knowing that Collins was not a sure-thing, why are we just now hearing that UM has interest in him?

IIRC, he did take a visit to UM.

Just because this kid wasnt on all the recruiting sites and fans buzz lists, doesnt mean our staff hasnt talked to him, and seen him. Again, looks like a perfect Plan B kid. Word is he really wants to be here, maybe Al figured we had this one in the bag if Collins bolted, and told the kid he would let him know if he had an offer if Collins bolted. Collins jammed and we picked up the phone. Maybe they liked him enough to be the #1 of the Plan B guys.

Thanks, Joe- I try to keep track of them all, but can't for the life of me remember some names.

IIRC, he did take a visit to UM.

Advertisement
The ravens just won a super bowl with ray rice and bernard peirce who if we signed them out of hs our fans would have been like "WTF". Rashawn Scott before his troubles was blossoming into our best receiver last year. No one even knew who he was when he committed.

the same bernard pierce who was an al golden recruit at temple and won mac freshman of the year. sucks we lost out on collins, but i don't care who the horses are as long as they can be a team and pull the carriage better than the other guys.

Last edited:
Joe Garcia ‏@JGJr9
Did Chestnut just let slip in an interview that Miami is getting Edwards? Not surprising but good news nonetheless.

He said it was from an interview chestnut just did on 247 miami site....

anyone has a review of the article?

He just said that he thinks they (UM) have someone they like a lot when stating he didn't know what UM's plans or motives behind an offer that apparently still hasn't arrived might be.

Advertisement
He just said that he thinks they (UM) have someone they like a lot when stating he didn't know what UM's plans or motives behind an offer that apparently still hasn't arrived might be.

I'm not psychic but from that I can see where the Edwards thing comes from.... He is the only other back we have been publicly after other then Collins the last few weeks....

I'm not psychic but from that I can see where the Edwards thing comes from.... He is the only other back we have been publicly after other then Collins the last few weeks....

Fair interpretation- I tried to be as complete and accurate as I could.

Its Miami-Dade...**** no.

Anthon Samuel and Branden Oliver are **** good MAC RBs and were 2* Miami-Dade Co RBs.

Begs the question why did we not offer him?

I notice some of you are calling him a "Plan C" or even "G" type of kid. I can assure you that Chestnut is Miami caliber and is a good D1 runningback. Granted Collins' skillset is superior to Chestnut, but let me give you this stat Collins rushed for 1276 yards against mediocre competition with schools like Nova, Stranahan, and Hallandale. Chestnut ran for 1206 on less carries and tougher competition such as Central, Northwestern, Aquinas and Killian. While the skill levels are different, Chestnut in no way shape or form should be considered a "Bad" or "Mediocre" runningback

Advertisement
Back