Note about Chestnut

Duke can't run off tackle? lol Duke is best anytime he touches the ball, he gets past that line and good luck trying to take him down, I don't think people really don't appreciate how good he really is. If he stays healthy he will be the greatest back Miami has ever had, bar none. Now he is working on getting faster right now, putting the work in. Expect him to do great things next year. I do agree Collins would have been a good backup to Duke and would have been as long as Duke was here. I also think Collins fits in the ACC much better, he got some real bad advise IMO. He might struggle in the SEC. Let's see. He better gain some weight because he is no Duke Johnson. The one thing I don't want to see is Duke being over used, I don't care who backs him up, Don't over use him.

See here's the thing with Collins & Duke. They're two completely different style of RB's. Collins is a one cut & off tackle RB. Duke is best outside because of his vision stop/start abilities. They would've complimented each other to perfection. Sorry that's just the way I see it.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Respectfully disagree Cash,

Duke is a phenomenal inside runner. Has an ability to get small and of course has outstanding vision.

At this point, I would have been happy with either, I just liked Tice because he was more of a banger, i think he would have complimented Duke better. Just an opinion though.

I think Chestnut is legit....i would take him any day over Darius Tice.
d
Miami doesnt have many options left i guess b/c Golden really thought Collins was going to recommit so Chestnut should be the next option IMO.

At this point, I would have been happy with either, I just liked Tice because he was more of a banger, i think he would have complimented Duke better. Just an opinion though.

Miami doesnt have many options left i guess b/c Golden really thought Collins was going to recommit so Chestnut should be the next option IMO.

I mean i just dont think Darius Tice has any potential to be anything but average in college.... so i guess thats where i lose a lot of ppl who are fans of Tice. Of course i could be wrong but i just dont see it right now.

I also think it's sad that we are left stuck talking about Chestnut and Tice as alternatives instead of guys like Terean Folston and Greg Bryant who Miami didnt even try to recruit. Both of them committed to Notre Dame and we should've tried to keep one of those 2 backs out of that school.

Thanks, that kid does look fast, the tape is sped up though and the competition looks bad. But that kid can move.
I haven't seen St. Juste, does he have any film?

Guys you also have to put this into perspective. Collins, I believe, is the best RB in the Country. Whatever you want say about his competition, it doesn't change his abilities as a runner. Chestnut is absolutely a backup plan. The question is how good of a backup plan is he? Where as there is no doubt Alex would have been Dukes relief from day 1, Chestnut would not be. He'll probably serve as depth to Dillard (who isn't bad by the way). Just make sure we keep this in perspective. Add Sony or Cook next year & w(atch)tf out!

I still think St Juste needs to be brought in this class. Kid is fast as **** and after going through UTough and getting some of the college speed he'll be dangerous. There are only so many really skilled players on the average defense so when you overload them with that kind skill players on offense points are going on the board.

Loved St. Juste. Seems like it shouldn't be hard to find a spot for a few backup guys tomorrow. Teraz McCray Wednesday.

Look in the first post in this thread

http://canesinsight.com/showthread....ocemy-St-Juste-RB&highlight=diocemy+st.+juste

Advertisement
I agree, Tice might be only be average in college, I'd say Chestnut might have a little more upside. Tice might be more of a fumbler too. I just wanted a back that can get us that 1-3 yards, we can't kill Duke by adding to many carries. Yes Duke can get that 1 yard not one doubt about it, but i want him fresh for big runs, less chance of injury too. Maybe if we get that big kid from NY it will work out alright.
y

I mean i just dont think Darius Tice has any potential to be anything but average in college.... so i guess thats where i lose a lot of ppl who are fans of Tice. Of course i could be wrong but i just dont see it right now.

I also think it's sad that we are left stuck talking about Chestnut and Tice as alternatives instead of guys like Terean Folston and Greg Bryant who Miami didnt even try to recruit. Both of them committed to Notre Dame and we should've tried to keep one of those 2 backs out of that school.

I read somewhere on twitter that Chesnut's HC at Columbus says that no one at Miami has called even once to ask about any of there recruits.

It's amazing how things change. There was a time, back in the '80's, when we used to really like Columbus kids. Who was that kid we stole from Notre Dame in the early '90's, the one who dislocated his hip at WVU? He was one of the better RBs in the history of Dade, up to that time.

I read somewhere on twitter that Chesnut's HC at Columbus says that no one at Miami has called even once to ask about any of there recruits.

It's amazing how things change. There was a time, back in the '80's, when we used to really like Columbus kids. Who was that kid we stole from Notre Dame in the early '90's, the one who dislocated his hip at WVU? He was one of the better RBs in the history of Dade, up to that time.

That's completely false BTW. I know firsthand Chestnut was contacted.

Offers from WVU, KState, NC State, Okie St. Why'd he commit to Western Michigan?

Maybe it had to do with what position they wanted him at? He's not a big back, so maybe they wanted him at different positions and he wanted a place that would let him play RB?

So his best option to play RB at the next level is Western Michigan? That doesn't worry any of you?

Not a fan of Chestnut (Darius Tice all the way) but Marshall Faulk´s best option to play RB at the next level was San Diego State.

Advertisement
At the end of the day I don't care who we get - Chestnut, Tice or the guys we already have.

They don't have to be All ACC. We have that guy in Johnson. They just need to be able to spell him effectively enough so a) he doesn't get run into the ground and b) we don't all cringe when they come into the game.

Shouldn't be too difficult.

Duke can't run off tackle? lol Duke is best anytime he touches the ball, he gets past that line and good luck trying to take him down, I don't think people really don't appreciate how good he really is. If he stays healthy he will be the greatest back Miami has ever had, bar none. Now he is working on getting faster right now, putting the work in. Expect him to do great things next year. I do agree Collins would have been a good backup to Duke and would have been as long as Duke was here. I also think Collins fits in the ACC much better, he got some real bad advise IMO. He might struggle in the SEC. Let's see. He better gain some weight because he is no Duke Johnson. The one thing I don't want to see is Duke being over used, I don't care who backs him up, Don't over use him.

See here's the thing with Collins & Duke. They're two completely different style of RB's. Collins is a one cut & off tackle RB. Duke is best outside because of his vision stop/start abilities. They would've complimented each other to perfection. Sorry that's just the way I see it.

Duke at 183lbs is not an off tackle RB. Why don't you roll back the VaTech as a prime example to see what where his big yardage gains were. His longest run in the game he froze the end & then cut back inside. #vision. Listen bro I like Duke & agree with you for the most part but he isn't an inside runner nor will he be with a smart OC. 300+lbs DT against 183lbs RB's on a consistent basis = injuries.

Advertisement
Back