Norchad Omier

Advertisement
So Pack AND Omier!

Oh Yeah GIF

Advertisement
Advertisement
Wow it's been ages since we had a dominant big. Can't wait to see the Omier vs. Bacot matchup next season
Funny you say a big which is how he plays but he's the same size as Jimmy Butler. 6'7" 230ish. He doesn't initiate from the perimeter like Butler does but they both do their best work using strength and angles around the basket. Omier looks like he has a bit of a turnaround jumper from the post. I wonder if L will try to expand his game a little bit.

Obi has more range...reminds me more of an athletic tyler hansborough...likes to bang down low...a lot of different moves around the rim...doesn't seem to go more that 10 feet away from the rim...I like it.
Agree 100%. He doesn’t have the range of Obi but the athleticism is comparable. Big time pick up

Advertisement
Is it an issue in pro sports where some guys are making $20M and some are making $300k?

I think you are missing a couple of points. One, it is making it known to other transfers and recruits that Miami is a place they should be looking at. Two, it is very clearly being blessed by Rad/Mario/L as part of a larger decision and marketing strategy. Three, a lot of him being "loud" is part of marketing the company, which is actually what this is supposed to be to make it legitimate in the eyes of the law.
Making this a sticky would help answer all the same questions in every thread about Ruiz….

Advertisement
Making this a sticky would help answer all the same questions in every thread about Ruiz….
I swear I have repackaged that same paragraph 15 times in two days. I get having PTSD from Nevin. But this seems like people mentally cannot untether from the old rules to the new rules. If anything, you have to do exactly what he is doing in order to comply with the new rules. If you are handing out money to use a college athlete's NIL for marketing a company, and then do not say anything about it or do anything with it, are you actually marketing? And that goes beyond this and encroaches on the IRS and having valid business expenses.

I swear I have repackaged that same paragraph 15 times in two days. I get having PTSD from Nevin. But this seems like people mentally cannot untether from the old rules to the new rules. If anything, you have to do exactly what he is doing in order to comply with the new rules. If you are handing out money to use a college athlete's NIL for marketing a company, and then do not say anything about it or do anything with it, are you actually marketing? And that goes beyond this and encroaches on the IRS and having valid business expenses.
Exactly what it is, PTSD from Nevin.

Funny you say a big which is how he plays but he's the same size as Jimmy Butler. 6'7" 230ish. He doesn't initiate from the perimeter like Butler does but they both do their best work using strength and angles around the basket. Omier looks like he has a bit of a turnaround jumper from the post. I wonder if L will try to expand his game a little bit.
Agreed. Seems like at some point growing up he fully embraced developing a traditional post-move skill set and just stuck with it despite being an inch or two undersized for a "big" at the college level. It would be great if he could develop a consistent jumper 10-12 ft from the rim.

It'll also be interesting to see how Coach L utilizes him on the floor with Miller. Would love to see Miller and Omier playing the elbows and low blocks respectively and run some high-low motion with 3 perimeter guards. Its safe to say the offense will look much different than what we saw this past season.

Advertisement
Back